1. 2008 q7 3.0 tdi injector seal 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi all. Has anyone replaced a injector seal on q7 tdi, if you have can you please let me know if any special tools are needed and how difficult it is? One of my injectors is blowing at the moment.

any advice on how to change this will be great.
    cheers

0 0 0

2. Re: 2008 q7 3.0 tdi injector seal 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Well I changed the entire injector set on a Q5 TDI and yes, you need a special tool to be able to remove diesel pipes at the injector input. Once you remove the pipes, injectors are easy to remove, just take out the screws and pull out.

If you can take a picture to the injector I can provide with more details.

0 0 0

3. Re: 2008 q7 3.0 tdi injector seal 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thank you for your reply, i have attached a pic and it is the middle injector i neet to take out
    Attached Images

0 0 0

4. Re: 2008 q7 3.0 tdi injector seal 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Here I explain step by step. I edited your picture and added colored numbers, I hope you can see them clearly.

1) CAUTION! Diesel may be subject to high pressure so do this with carefully. The most difficult step is to remove the 2 hex holding the diesel pipe from the common rail to the injector. Why is id difficult? Because of the reduced space, you can't use conventional tools as they don't fit. If your tools fit then you've got luck, and go on. Try to loosen one hex just a little, and you may see diesel spitting. As your car isn't turned on, it won't be hot, but if you don't expect it coming you may get scared Once pressure ends release the hexes and remove the pipe.

** You may switch between steps #1 & #2 if you feel #2 is easier first.

2) Tricky but addictive. Injectors output connect to this tiny hose. Do this carefully!! Applying too much force may damage the injector. You will see these caps with two ears. Take both ears with both hands and pull up. When you pull the ears vertically you will hear a click sound and it they will rise like... half centimeter maybe. Once the cap rises you are ready to remove the hose (just for that injector). Repeat this with the 2 other injectors so you are able to put away the hose. Trust me, once you do this you may find this step addictive.

3) Remove the 4 screws. Easy. Then with a flat screwdriver push the plate upwards. It will just move like half centimeter. Then rotate the plate 90 degrees.

4) You will see 2 more screws you must remove. CAUTION!!!! Do this with extreme precaution so screws don't fall into the chamber. I used a magnet to secure this operation.

5) You are ready to remove the injector. Just pull it. It may be a little tight but not too much. Watch out there is one O ring at the middle and a washer in the bottom end.

Only step which requires special tool is #1. I hope you are able to do it with conventional tools. Any questions feel free to ask me

tdi.jpg

1 0 0

5. Re: 2008 q7 3.0 tdi injector seal 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thank you very much for the guide, very helpful. I will give it a go, i do have a set of difficult access socket set which should be ok i hpoe����

0 0 0

6. Re: 2008 q7 3.0 tdi injector seal 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hello mate. I was just trying to do step 2, i pulled the 2 ears as discribed but i can not get tab off. As i pulled, 1 ear actually broke. When i pull on the ears it is stiff and i can not see it move up or hear a click. Any idea what i am doing wrong?

1 0 0

7. Re: 2008 q7 3.0 tdi injector seal 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    OK friend... lets not worry. Try not to apply too much force this time....

Can you see a circle in the top-mid part (look picture)? It is actually a lock. So first of all, pull that circle upwards. When it is pushed into the "T", it is locked. When it is pulled upwards, it is unlocked. It must move half centimeter or so to be unlocked.

Maybe i wasn't too specific on telling about this lock, I am really sorry.

Once it is unlocked, then pull the ears. It must not be so stiff, so if you feel you are applying too much force, then stop for some time and watch it again.

You must be able to remove it even with one broken ear. Try grabing with one hand one ear, and with the other hand the center of the T, so your force is equally applied upwards and you don't bend the injector.

Keep me informed. Have a nice day!

unnamed.jpg

unnamed.jpg

0 0 0

8. Re: 2008 q7 3.0 tdi injector seal 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I'd like to add.

The output of the injector, where the "T" is mounted, has a tiny O-Ring. After pulling the center lock. Grab the "T" and pull upwards and gently shake it. Don't apply too much force, but instead shake the "T" and pull upwards.

Wish you luck!

0 0 0

9. Re: 2008 q7 3.0 tdi injector seal 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hello Javier. Many thanks for your advice, i managed to take everything off but the injector was stuck and i could not move it. I have odered a injector puller to arrive and will see how it goes. Thanks

0 0 0

10. Re: 2008 q7 3.0 tdi injector seal 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Sounds good!

So if everything went ok, outer plates' screws were removed and plates were rotated 90 degrees, right?

Let me tell you there is another lock inside. It is curved and has two more screws which hold the injector in place. Remove the screws and the lock (dont forget the magnet). After that, you will be able to pull the injector, as the only thing that may hold it in place is an oring.

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast