Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Golf 1.6 unstable RPM, ticking noise, car sometimes dies when coming to a stop.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Re: Golf 1.6 unstable RPM, ticking noise, car sometimes dies when coming to a stop. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    Assuming the fault codes you listed before are still the same and keep coming back most of them suggest a voltage problem at the ECU so with the ignition on and engine stopped, go into Measuring Blocks 008 and in Zone 2 you must see at least 11.5v. Then do this measurement again with the engine running, the voltage in zone 2 should be higher and then look at Zone 4. Turn off the ignition and the value displayed must stay that way for 25 seconds. I suspect you have a faulty ECU power supply relay; this is located in a plastic box at the back of the engine bay next to the wiring duct.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

2. Re: Golf 1.6 unstable RPM, ticking noise, car sometimes dies when coming to a stop. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Hi to all, I have one Golf 1.6 AZD engine, which has unstable RPM as same as in 1st post video and did not pass emissions test. When I got the car, the MIL was on and the engine was stable, but I could smell fuel.

Fault codes before reset:
    16786 - EGR System
    P0402 - 35-00 - Excessive Flow
    16524 - Oxygen (Lambda) Sensor B1 S2
    P0140 - 35-10 - No Activity - Intermittent

When I cleared fault codes, the idle RPM became unstable, but MIL was off then. As soon as I disconnected the EGR connector, the MIL was on and idle RPM was stable and when I put the connector back on it was unstable again. I also observed EGR and Lambda Sensor B1 S1 value in Measure Blocks at idle:

Group 033
    4.0 % Lambda
    0.446 V Voltage

Group 074
    0.84 V Voltage
    3.81 V Voltage
    1.265 V Voltage
    ADP. O.K.

I am not sure what values for lambda sensor and EGR should be, but lambda sensor voltage is changing maybe 50mV by stepping gas pedal rapidly. EGR position stays the same.

0 0 0

3. Re: Golf 1.6 unstable RPM, ticking noise, car sometimes dies when coming to a stop. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    You need to reset the learned values, clean and readapt the throttle body and probably replace and readapt the EGR valve.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 1 0

4. Re: Golf 1.6 unstable RPM, ticking noise, car sometimes dies when coming to a stop. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Will do that and report. Thanks
    AUDI A4 B8 2.0TDI 2010 100kW CAGB

0 0 0

5. Re: Golf 1.6 unstable RPM, ticking noise, car sometimes dies when coming to a stop. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Crasher I was about to order EGR valve, but then when MUL went on even with EGR connector connected, the car did ifle quite well and fuel trim was +-2%, but before MIL the idle was good when fuel trim was +25%, as soon as value goes down, the idle is unstable. I am confused, if EGR would be the problem it should be permanent right? I tried to readapt the old EGR but It was always stuck at ADP OK.

0 0 0

6. Re: Golf 1.6 unstable RPM, ticking noise, car sometimes dies when coming to a stop. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    Disconnecting the EGR valve will bring on the MIL no matter what.....

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

7. Re: Golf 1.6 unstable RPM, ticking noise, car sometimes dies when coming to a stop. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    I know that. The idle is stable if I disconnect EGR connector. Now is idle getting stable because of EGR being disconnected or because MIL is on, causing the car to run in safe mode.

0 0 0

8. Re: Golf 1.6 unstable RPM, ticking noise, car sometimes dies when coming to a stop. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    If you delete the learned values in adaptation 00 this allows you to re-adapt the EGR and in your case it may well send the car nuts and you will struggle to get it back without a new valve. Testing the EGR in Basic setting 075 would have show it is is slightly stuck open.

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 1 0

9. Re: Golf 1.6 unstable RPM, ticking noise, car sometimes dies when coming to a stop. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hello Crasher, I have been looking for an ECU to solve my earlier problem. But the one currently fitted in my car has a slightly different part number from most I find in the market. The last letters on mine are 'AF' and others are 'M' or "AF". Does this affect compatibility? Mine is 06A 906 033 AF.

0 0 0

10. Re: Golf 1.6 unstable RPM, ticking noise, car sometimes dies when coming to a stop. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    Maccym and turbozob have 1.6 16v manuals, the latter being and AZD and Njoro has a 1.6 8v automatic AUV code, these two designs are so completely different they bear no similarities except they both use petrol.

Njoro, your ECU 06A 906 033 AF is a highly specific unit used ONLY on the 2002 Golf/Bora 1.6 8v auto, built to the EU2 emissions standard and this tended to only be specified in developing markets where the quality of fuel available is not as good as in Europe. The M suffix ECU is from the 98>2001 version, it MAY work but I have no idea as I would personally not do it.

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 1 0

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast