Notices

User Tag List

Thread: AZD engine (1.6 16V petrol) - EGR basic settings cannot be performed (adaptation error every time)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Question AZD engine (1.6 16V petrol) - EGR basic settings cannot be performed (adaptation error every time) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Hi Community!

You are my last and only hope I think..

I have a Seat Toledo (2002) with an AZD engine
    (1.6 16V petrol, same as in Golfs and Boras).

My EGR valve was faulty and has been replaced with a new one
    but I cannot adapt the (brand new..) EGR valve, it always fails,
    says "ERROR" when I try to adapt it in VAG-COM and I have the
    following code in the ECU:

17812 - EGR System: Basic Setting not Performed
    P1404 - 35-00

Voltage is 12.4V, coolant is around 40°C (did not start the engine yet).
    No electrical consumers are on during adaptation process
    (headlight, window defogger, et cetera)..

When I do the adaptation I do hear and feel the clicking of the valve.
    When I do an output test I do hear and feel the clicking of the valve.

I'm using VAG-COM 409.1 full version (yes, it's old ..)
    but I tried it with VCDS and AutoCOM as well - no joy.

Is there any trick to do the adaptation? What can be the issue?

Regards and thank you for your answers in advance!

Cr0k

Last edited by crok; 15-08-2016 at 07:33 PM.

0 0 0

2. Question Re: AZD engine (1.6 16V petrol) - EGR basic settings cannot be performed (adaptation error every time) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Any idea, girls and guys? No hope? Come on..!

0 0 0

3. Re: AZD engine (1.6 16V petrol) - EGR basic settings cannot be performed (adaptation error every time) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1837 Post(s)
    Which adaptation value are you using?
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

4. Re: AZD engine (1.6 16V petrol) - EGR basic settings cannot be performed (adaptation error every time) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
    Which adaptation value are you using?
    I used the Ross-Tech instructions (Meas. Block 074).
    Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) Valve Adaptation - Ross-Tech Wiki

..or what do you mean by adaptation value?

0 0 0

5. Re: AZD engine (1.6 16V petrol) - EGR basic settings cannot be performed (adaptation error every time) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1837 Post(s)
    It is Basic settings 074, not measuring blocks. When “ADP OK” is shown in Basic Settings 074 Zone 4, start the engine and go to Basic Settings 075, give the engine 5 short bursts of revs to the max and the value in Zone 4 should change to “Test ON” and then let it idle until it says “SYS OK” but sometimes it is necessary to do this test on the road with the engine on trailing throttle in a high gear.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

6. Unhappy Re: AZD engine (1.6 16V petrol) - EGR basic settings cannot be performed (adaptation error every time) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
    It is Basic settings 074, not measuring blocks. When “ADP OK” is shown in Basic Settings 074 Zone 4, start the engine and go to Basic Settings 075, give the engine 5 short bursts of revs to the max and the value in Zone 4 should change to “Test ON” and then let it idle until it says “SYS OK” but sometimes it is necessary to do this test on the road with the engine on trailing throttle in a high gear.
    ..and here comes my issue: no matter how and how many times I try to do the adaptation in basic settings (channel 074) it always saying "FAIL" - so this is my issue.

0 0 0

7. Question Re: AZD engine (1.6 16V petrol) - EGR basic settings cannot be performed (adaptation error every time) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by crok View Post
    ..and here comes my issue: no matter how and how many times I try to do the adaptation in basic settings (channel 074) it always saying "FAIL" - so this is my issue.
    This is what I got:
    ECU: 036 906 034 CP
    MARELLI 4MV 4376
    Coding: 00031 <- what is this mean?

..and 2 faults codes:
    17812 - EGR System: Basic Setting not Performed
    P1404 - 35-00 - -
    17847 - Potentiometer for EGR (G212): Error in Basic Setting
    P1439 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent

I discovered that cruise control was active and the car has no cruise control - thus I disabled it.
    (There was a G in the name of the ECU like MARELLI 4MV G 4376)

0 0 0

8. Re: AZD engine (1.6 16V petrol) - EGR basic settings cannot be performed (adaptation error every time) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1837 Post(s)
    The G stands for “Geschwindigkeitsregelanlage".

There seems to be some conflicting info on ELSA in EGR valve testing it says adaptation is in measuring value block 075 and in readiness code it says basic settings 075 for testing and in measuring block analysis it says adaption is in basic settings 074. I use basic settings 074 for adaption and 075 for testing. Try going into Adaptation 10 group 00 read, save yes and do this three times and then try again. Be warned though that I have known these engines go nuts after this and start saying the MAP sensor is faulty. Usually cleaning the throttle body and doing basic settings 060 a few times gets them back to normal. Check you have ignition live power on the black/white wire to pin 1. Which make and part number of EGR valve did you use?

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

9. Re: AZD engine (1.6 16V petrol) - EGR basic settings cannot be performed (adaptation error every time) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    I just got in from outside.. no luck..

I reseted (did the Adaptation [10] > Group 00 > Read and Save) the ECU several times (n+1 n>5) and then adapted the throttle body (Basic settings > Group 060) without issues BUT Basic settings > Group 074 always failing.. ADP RUN and always FAIL.. I've checked the black/white (PIN1) and yes, I see voltage. The manufacturer of the EGR valve is SIDAT, the part nr. is 83.649 S.I.D.A.T. S.p.A.

0 0 0

10. Re: AZD engine (1.6 16V petrol) - EGR basic settings cannot be performed (adaptation error every time) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1837 Post(s)
    The genuine number of the valve for a 2002 model year Toledo AZD is 036 131 503 T, the SIDAT 83.649 (the same as their alternative make 83.649UE) is the equivalent of the VW part number 036 131 503 M which is for the AZD from 1999>2001. SIDAT buy these from other manufactures and offer them in three versions, 83.4627, 83.627UE (earlier non finned composite body designs) and 83.627 which is of the revised style, so IS your car a 2001 or a 2002? PM me your Vehicle ID number.

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast