1. A7 - "Quick Wash and Polish" 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Just a quick wash and polish today before I’m away for 3 weeks, not the most in depth of details just AG shampoo and conditioner and finished with AG deep resin polish which I was a little too heavy handed with as there’s a significant amount of dust residue. As the pics show the bonnet is lightly peppered with chips which I don’t think I can do much about without a respray?

Wheels cleaned with AG wheel cleaner and finished with AG wheel seal. (I have a whole range of AG products which I’m trying to use up before trying out some of the other brands out there)

Once back I definitely need to clay the whole car and use some sort of iron fall out product on the wheels as they in particular are rough on the inside of the rim. Hopefully the next pics will be of a fuller detail.

20160807_110340-min-min.jpg20160807_110424-min-min.jpg20160807_110410-min.jpg20160807_110333-min.jpg20160807_110354-min.jpgAttachment 31293
    Attachment 31294

I think I need a nap now!!
    Audi A7 (2012), Black Edition 245 PS Tiptronic, Phantom Black

0 3 0

2. Re: A7 - "Quick Wash and Polish" 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Hard to beat a black coloured car, of any make, nothing looks better, especially after a good polish !!! Downside is that like all dark coloured vehicles.....the smallest spec shows up, and even after a relatively small amount of driving, the car looks dirty again. AS for the stone chips, there used to be a plastic deflector you could clip on to the bonnet above the grill. This was admittedly to prevent flies sticking to the paintwork, but it could help to deflect stone chips too. Not sure if its available for your car, but you can check it out, maybe? As for respraying the bonnet / tops of the wings...the galling point is that, the resprayed bonnet can be chipped again..... bringing you back to square 1. plus you now have a car with a resprayed front...which might lead some people to associate the paint job with a crash repair....and not stone chips... If it was me, and my car ( 2015 Skoda Superb) got stone chips, and I am pretty sure it will happen, as all my previous ones have been chipped, and it has not affected the trade in value, as the marks are clearly stone chips, and nothing worse. But I can understand your annoyance with it, because it is annoying !!!

0 0 0