1. fix front wipers 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    hi how do i fix front wipers as they are very slow to sweep the glass and sometimes stop half way on glass

0 0 0

2. Re: fix front wipers 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    One of my cars had this fixed before I bought it. It had been parked up for quite some time, it's common apparently.

as far as I'm aware you need to pull the plastic cover off under the windscreen. It comes off really easy. Then you should be able to get to the wiper linkage, hit the pivoting bits with a ton of oil/greese. Try the wipers, keep going until they are working properly. While your there you can check the drain holes under the battery, make sure you haven't got water sitting in the chamber. They get clogged with leaves and dirt then it fills up and floods into the car, takes a couple minutes to fix it versus ages to dry the carpet

good luck

1 0 0

3. Re: fix front wipers 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    wiper arms are really stiff

0 0 0

4. Re: fix front wipers 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Have you cleaned up and greased the pivoting parts on the linkage? If your just trying to pull them by hand they will be really stiff, your moving the linkage, both arms and the motor. Mine where fixed 4 years ago and have been fine ever since, nothing needed replacing luckily

0 0 0

5. fix front wipers 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Hi Abby1

Pretty common fault on the Audi. The most likely problem is that the spindles are seized in the bushing. I did an overhaul of mine last weekend. There's a good guide here

http://www.audiworld.com/forums/a4-b6-platform-discussion-34/diy-solving-%22crap-my-goddamn-wipers-stuck-middle-windshield%22-problem-2383247//"]AudiWorld Forums

It's not a tough job it's just a bit of ball ache getting the arms and motor unit out. In my case I did have to release the ECU and wiggle it out the way. I also had to pop the ball joints. Other guides seem to suggest you don't need to do this but goddamit I really couldn't.

Do be careful moving the ECU. Also, if like mine, the spindles are really really seized, use a copper hammer or a block of wood to bash them out with plus gas (after removing circlip). I didn't and rounded the threads on one of them and had to re cut the thread.

It's really worth giving these an overhaul as it'll only get worse. You'll end up with a knackered motor and that's more expensive that a mornings work and a can or grease.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Boat_face; 09-08-2016 at 03:54 PM.

1 0 0

6. Re: fix front wipers 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    yeah same problem got it fixed plenty grease and a pain to remove
    cheers

0 0 0