Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Anyone experienced problems after the emissions scandal recall??

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Re: Anyone experienced problems after the emissions scandal recall?? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I too have threatened legal action as enough is enough mines been going on since May, now the manager of my VW garage has my car to try and figure out whats going wrong, as far as the computers are concerned there is no fault registering so there is nothing wrong with the car, yet when you drive it there is a huge miss occurring between 4th and 5th gear so it definitely isn't right, I'm so frustrated as the car drove beautifully before this was done. Please keep me posted with any progress you manage to make, I've now refused to have my car back until they sort it.

0 1 0

2. Re: Anyone experienced problems after the emissions scandal recall?? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i have a 2009 golf 2.0 tdi. after reading comments on this thread i wont be sending my car to vw for the fix even though i got the recall letter !
    VW Golf 2009 reg, 2.0 GT TDI 140bhp. MK 6

0 1 0

3. Re: Anyone experienced problems after the emissions scandal recall?? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Dont Trust Vw to fix your car as there technicians cant diagnose any faults what there computer doesnt tell them. I took my tiguan into vw 6 times for a Egr fault each time i picked it up i was told sorry sir we couldnt find anything wrong. I was then forced to do the replacement myself at my expense Egr cooler £480.

0 1 0

4. Re: Anyone experienced problems after the emissions scandal recall?? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi, I have had my VW Sirroco Tdi blue motion done, and seem to be getting some of the problems you are having. Stop start not working , cooling fan on all the time and getting an intermittent warning light regarding the engine management. Will be taking it back to the dealer in stockport. Have they resolved your issues yet.

0 1 0

5. Re: Anyone experienced problems after the emissions scandal recall?? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Having the same problems with my VW Sirroco. Stop start not working now, fan on all the time when temp is cold, and also eng mamazement warning light on intermittently. I live in Stockport so will be taking back to VW. Have you had any joy with your problems.

0 1 0

6. Re: Anyone experienced problems after the emissions scandal recall?? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I now have my car back after VW garage having it for nearly a month, it is now running as it was before the recall reset, apparently they got a new code from the emissions team to run through the car which has fixed whatever bug was in the first software update, they haven't yet given me the details as I have asked for them so I have them for my records! Its taken me since May to get this sorted, 4 trips to the main dealer each time to be told nothing was wrong with the car until I threatened legal action and they've gone out of their way to fix it, full tank of diesel, new mats all round and boot liner and full valet which I wasn't fussed on all of that just wanted my car fixed!! Have driven it loads over the weekend and so far so good!

0 1 0

7. Re: Anyone experienced problems after the emissions scandal recall?? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Our 2009 Golf 1.6 105hp with 63,000 miles was given the VW recall treatment yesterday. On the 36 mile return journey over varied roads, I could detect no obvious difference at slow speeds or up to 80mph. Pulling power at low revs was, if anything, better. Tickover was the usual 950ish rpm and seemed smoother. It's too soon to confirm consumption figures, but the indicated mpg was similar to "normal" at 53mpg. I was given "compensation for my trouble" in the form of a silly box with VW pen, VW key fob and VW umbrella. I guess the VW garage hopes to catch me as a new customer - sorry, but I'll stick with the competent independents I've used since the car was new.
    2009 1.6 TDi 105 5 door Tornado Red

0 1 0

8. Re: Anyone experienced problems after the emissions scandal recall?? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    I have experienced problems with telling people to ignore it, the heavy hand of doom came down on me.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

1 2 0

9. Re: Anyone experienced problems after the emissions scandal recall?? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    I've had 4 letters from VW the last one was before Christmas saying I need to contact my dealer to book it in for the software update. I wanted a couple of parts for the MOT at the end of the month so I went down to ask them about this software update.

Each letter says this software update will not effect the performance or fuel con. Every thread I've read about this software update says the performance is less the fuel con has gone down. I asked if I do have a problem can the original software be put back, they said no, so I said no.

I wanted turn signal indicator right 1K5 949 102 £34.20 and 1 set aerodynamic wiper blades driver and passenger - 1Q1 998 002 - £34.12 for the MOT at the end of the month.

Volkswagen Golf/Golf R32 (2009 - 2011) - side marker light. peripheral light. halogen fog lamp. turn signal indicator. led day lights. > VAG ETKA Online > Nemiga.com

The LED turn signal indicator is stupid as they don't do a LED bulb replacement you have to buy a new unit. The new one is incorporated into bottom black mirror cover. I believe that's the same for the rear LED fog lamp you have to buy a new unit.
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

0 2 0

10. Re: Anyone experienced problems after the emissions scandal recall?? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    My 2010 65,000 mile Golf Plus 1.6Tdi BMT was in for the fix yesterday. Went to collect it and 100 yards from the dealers the amber coil warning light came on and a momentary limp mode set in. Light continued to flash so returned to dealer and after quite a wait they could not replicate the fault but eventually said it was EGR problem which would take 5 hours to fix. Car was left with them and a 2nd courtesy car provided. Got the phone call at 16.45 today to say it was fixed, (so rather more than 5 hours). All very pleasant and lots of apologies and no cost. Took it on a 60 mile trip just to make sure all OK and drove very well, just as normal, but then realised that Stop/Start was not working so a phone call will be required in the morning!
    These two issues seem to be cropping up regularly!

0 2 0

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast