1. Lights not always coming on when unlock when dark 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I don't know whether anyone else has come across this.

I have a 2016 Avant 2.0 quattro s-tronic with lighting pack. I set the MMI to turn on lights when unlocking (obviously when dark), and all worked well for a few weeks. Now, sometimes the lights come on and sometimes not. More often not. If I go back into the MMI and de-select the option, then re-select it, it works for a day or two, then reverts to random behaviour.
    Anyone any ideas please?

Glynn

0 0 0

2. Re: Lights not always coming on when unlock when dark 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    Not sure if it helps, but I have the 2015 A6 BiTDI and I have enabled the same option and have never seen the lights not turn on. Could be a fault and since the car is pretty new, get Audi to take a look

0 0 0

3. Re: Lights not always coming on when unlock when dark 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    69 Post(s)
    Are you sure your light switch hasn't been moved to the "off" position? The lights only come on when unlocking if it's in the Auto position. I sometimes catch the switch with my knee when getting out of the car and move it inadvertently...

MF.
    Gone: 2016 A6 Saloon BE Ultra S tronic - Floret Silver, Tech Pack Advanced, Parking Pack Advanced, Heated F+R Seats & Wheel, Electric Seats, Matrix LED, Ambient Lighting, Speed Limit Display, Twin Spoke 20", Folding Memory Mirrors
    Now: E 53 AMG 4MATIC
    / Q5 2.0TFSi Prestige

0 0 0

4. Re: Lights not always coming on when unlock when dark 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    33 Post(s)
    It could also be the battery management control unit doing its job. If you have been using the car for short journeys the control unit may not allow convenience functions to activate in order to save the battery being further depleted unnecessarily. The control unit's main goal is to always ensure there is sufficient charge to start the car.

0 0 0

5. Re: Lights not always coming on when unlock when dark 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    Wildbore is right. Since I fitted a permanently powered dash cam, mine has done it. Mainly if its been parked up for a few days. it was okay before.

0 0 0

6. Re: Lights not always coming on when unlock when dark 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks all. I do have a dash cam fitted which motion records even when the car is parked. And I also do mostly short journeys. This may be the answer. Did a VCDS scan which showed nothing amiss. I'll monitor and see how things go. Done a 60 mile trip today so I'm waiting for it to go dark.

1 0 0

7. Re: Lights not always coming on when unlock when dark 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    33 Post(s)
    I don't see why VCDS would log an error as - if it is the battery control unit - it is doing its job, so that makes sense to me. Also bear in mind that it can take 45 minutes of the engine running to fully recharge a battery fitted to a car with a large diesel engine (don't know how big your engine is).

0 0 0

8. Re: Lights not always coming on when unlock when dark 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by silky6053 View Post
    Thanks all. I do have a dash cam fitted which motion records even when the car is parked. And I also do mostly short journeys. This may be the answer. Did a VCDS scan which showed nothing amiss. I'll monitor and see how things go. Done a 60 mile trip today so I'm waiting for it to go dark.
    That's the reason for sure. it's the same for me, it didn't happen before the dash cam was wired permanently. Again, Wildbore has hit the nail on the head. it's not an error, it's fail safe.

0 0 0

9. Re: Lights not always coming on when unlock when dark 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    After my longer trip yesterday the lights came on when unlocking. The interface to my dashcam is switchable so I have set it to off when parked so there is no current drain. I'll monitor over a few days and see what happens. I'm sure you guys are correct.

0 0 0

10. Re: Lights not always coming on when unlock when dark 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    now you know its a voltage issue i would take the opportunity to invest in a proper battery charger such as a ctek and get the battery properly charged up.
    Audi 80 tdi avant with 360,000 miles...

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast