Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Car seats that fit 3 in the back!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Car seats that fit 3 in the back! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    The reason we bought a new car was because my wife is due #3 this week. One of the reasons for buying the Q7 was the 3 Isofix points on the back seat as we will have a 6 yr old and a 3 yr old, both in high back boosters, and an infant in a back facing baby seat with an isofix base.

As the isofix base has a leg that sits on the floor, we thought it best to put this on one of the outer seats so the foot wasn't resting on the transmission tunnel causing the seat to tilt up a little. This also means not having to lift the baby, in the car seat, over a booster seat to attach it to the isofix base.

You can imagine my face when I realized that our two high back booster seats, both isofit, don't fit next to each other in the middle and outer seat! They are both the same "Jane Quartz" seat, which does mean that the widest bits are exactly the same on both which is the problem - they don't fit next to each other.

Does anyone have two isofit high back boosters positioned next to each other in the middle and an outer seat? Can you please share make/model as I bought the current seats after a lot of trips to mothercare / Halfords etc, with a tape measure trying to find the narrowest seats of the kind!

Currently got one in the 3rd row, but don't really want to keep it like that as you have to have both seats in the 3rd row up to get to the stupid seat belt connector (with one up and one down and a car seat, it is a real faff trying to plug the seat belt in, have to do it leaning in through the boot!). Poor design in my opinion!

2 1 0

2. Re: Car seats that fit 3 in the back! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    Hi elrao, might be worth emailing Audi. My colleague had a similar issue with his Alfa and turns out not all Isofix seats are equal. In the end turned out Alfa only officially recommended some Italian brand (alternatively there is the hideously expensive Audi car seats too - which I assume must fit). Don't suppose ur near London? (One of the councils - Bromley has every car seat manufactured and offer a free fitting service so u can try them all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 0 0

3. Re: Car seats that fit 3 in the back! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    39 Post(s)
    Alternatively if you are willing to wait, you could also Consider the Mifold Boosters, should be available in the UK once it hits G.A worldwide..

currently waiting for two if they are any good then might order 2 more for the small car as well. BSA approved too, I haven't looked at the BSA registration mind..

Pardon Our Interruption

mifold - the Grab and Go Booster - YouTube

Hope it helps..

0 0 0

4. Re: Car seats that fit 3 in the back! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by satyp View Post
    Alternatively if you are willing to wait, you could also Consider the Mifold Boosters, should be available in the UK once it hits G.A worldwide..

currently waiting for two if they are any good then might order 2 more for the small car as well. BSA approved too, I haven't looked at the BSA registration mind..

Pardon Our Interruption

mifold - the Grab and Go Booster - YouTube

Hope it helps..
    Will have to look into whether that solution meets the new proposed regulations coming in at the end of the year (so the media say). Children under 1.25m / 22kg will have to have a high back booster seats, to give side impact protection, so this sort of seat would not be legal for smaller children if that change goes ahead. Would only fill the gap between when they are big enough to not need a high back booster, but not big enough to not need a booster at all!

0 1 0

5. Re: Car seats that fit 3 in the back! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    39 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elrao View Post
    Will have to look into whether that solution meets the new proposed regulations coming in at the end of the year (so the media say). Children under 1.25m / 22kg will have to have a high back booster seats, to give side impact protection, so this sort of seat would not be legal for smaller children if that change goes ahead. Would only fill the gap between when they are big enough to not need a high back booster, but not big enough to not need a booster at all!
    Yeah I did think that .. mine are 5 &7 shortly.. Also will be holding on to one of the high back's if not both.. if no other family members want 'em , I did get side impact on this purchase this time round not sure how all that would fit in with regulations and choosing to carry on using the mifolds on order..

What I don't quite get is new regulations come all the time, considering car's are safer today than a decade ago I can't see the full reason behind some of these changes and enforcing these onto manufacturers and consumers other than monetary. Maybe someone from
    graco, mamas and papas, maxi cosi or britax :-0 😄 is sitting on these standards boards

Most parents would safety 1st esp for they smaller children and would use high back regardless of regulations in my view, I know I would.

Any how hope you find a decent solution soon as they grow very quickly..

Sent from my LG-H961N using Tapatalk

0 0 0

6. Re: Car seats that fit 3 in the back! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    We have three maxi cosi 2 way fix bases on the second row. Leg on the middle one goes short enough that it's not tilted back.

At the moment we easily fit the maxi cosi 2 way pearl for our 2 1/2 year old and two maxi cosi pebbles for the 4 month twins.
    I'll have a play about later but it looks like we could fit another two pearls in when the twins outgrow the pebble seats.

Think the pearl seats are only until they reach 4 years old though so we might run into similar problem down the line.

1 1 0

7. Re: Car seats that fit 3 in the back! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    39 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elrao View Post
    The reason we bought a new car was because my wife is due #3 this week. One of the reasons for buying the Q7 was the 3 Isofix points on the back seat as we will have a 6 yr old and a 3 yr old, both in high back boosters, and an infant in a back facing baby seat with an isofix base.

As the isofix base has a leg that sits on the floor, we thought it best to put this on one of the outer seats so the foot wasn't resting on the transmission tunnel causing the seat to tilt up a little. This also means not having to lift the baby, in the car seat, over a booster seat to attach it to the isofix base.

You can imagine my face when I realized that our two high back booster seats, both isofit, don't fit next to each other in the middle and outer seat! They are both the same "Jane Quartz" seat, which does mean that the widest bits are exactly the same on both which is the problem - they don't fit next to each other.

Does anyone have two isofit high back boosters positioned next to each other in the middle and an outer seat? Can you please share make/model as I bought the current seats after a lot of trips to mothercare / Halfords etc, with a tape measure trying to find the narrowest seats of the kind!

Currently got one in the 3rd row, but don't really want to keep it like that as you have to have both seats in the 3rd row up to get to the stupid seat belt connector (with one up and one down and a car seat, it is a real faff trying to plug the seat belt in, have to do it leaning in through the boot!). Poor design in my opinion!
    Agree with the design hiccups .. Also miss the sliding seat to get to the 3rd row seats like the old q7 and current Volvo.. so much easier even with some car seats still in place.. not sure why they couldn't adapt as a slider in addition to current lift and tilt..

Sent from my LG-H961N using Tapatalk

0 0 0

8. Re: Car seats that fit 3 in the back! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JMB7 View Post
    We have three maxi cosi 2 way fix bases on the second row. Leg on the middle one goes short enough that it's not tilted back.
    Ours is the Maxi Cosi Easy Fix, like this:
    Maxi_Cosi_Easy_Fix_Isofix_Base_Isofix_and_Belt_fitting_A_SS_1.jpg

The leg on that makes the seat sit at an angle, I'll take a pic so you can see what I mean.

Think yours is this one:
    211LVkGxyLL.jpg

Unfortunately our seat (Cabriofix) isn't compatible with the same base you have, so would mean a new base, new seat and (possibly) new adaptors for the bugaboo too!

Anyone got a Britax Romer Baby-Safe Isofix base in the middle? That looks very similar to the audi one, and the Audi seat I had before was basically a rebadged Britax!

0 0 0

9. Re: Car seats that fit 3 in the back! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Yup that looks like our bases.

Mothercare website says it's compatible with the cabriofix. It allows you to do front and rear facing.
    http://www.mothercare.com/Maxi-Cosi-...efault,pd.html

Hope you find a solution!

0 0 0

10. Re: Car seats that fit 3 in the back! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Maxi cosi list the 2way fix as compatible with the cabriofix, but don't list cabriofix on the page for the base. May get away with just a new base, but doesn't solve my main problem of needing two high back boosters next to each other.

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast