1. Gearbox overheating!! Please adapt driving style 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hello everyone, I am a proud new owner a 2013 Audi A7 Exclusive S line, I got this message on the dashboard twice for few seconds, and disappeared, car taken back to delear, and surprise !! I need a new gearbox!! Is this possible ? I would aprreciate an input from you guys... Thanks

0 0 0

2. Re: Gearbox overheating!! Please adapt styling drive 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)
    Wow that's not good. Did you buy from an Audi dealer? If so let them replace it under warranty!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Audi A7, S-line, 313 PS BiTDI Tiptronic, Daytona Grey, heated front and rear seats, Audi connect, quad zone climate control, ski chute and bag, Rear tints, 75 Litre fuel tank, All LED headlights, Night vision assistant, Rear view camera with corner view, Navigation plus, MMI touch, Heads up display, Adaptive Cruise control, Blind spot monitoring and active lane assist. Audi A5 (wifes) My Kit car blog - http://mitchsgbszero.blogspot.co.uk

1 0 0

3. Re: Gearbox overheating!! Please adapt styling drive 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hey M1tchy, thanks for reply, car is not under warranty, but to my surprice they offered me to replace the the whole thing and ask me to pay 1100 USD which I agreed to without a blink of an eye knowning that they qouted me a new gearbox for a total of 22,200 USD !!!

0 0 0

4. Re: Gearbox overheating!! Please adapt driving style 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)
    22,200 USD for a gearbox? Wow! If they are doing it for 1100 which is about 7-800 British pounds then I agree that's a good price. I'm not sure the gearbox has failed though, especially given the errors you had. My money would be on a faulty sensor somewhere. Have you had a diagnostics check?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Audi A7, S-line, 313 PS BiTDI Tiptronic, Daytona Grey, heated front and rear seats, Audi connect, quad zone climate control, ski chute and bag, Rear tints, 75 Litre fuel tank, All LED headlights, Night vision assistant, Rear view camera with corner view, Navigation plus, MMI touch, Heads up display, Adaptive Cruise control, Blind spot monitoring and active lane assist. Audi A5 (wifes) My Kit car blog - http://mitchsgbszero.blogspot.co.uk

0 0 0

5. Re: Gearbox overheating!! Please adapt driving style 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    According to the tech, the error showed up on their diagnostic tool, and was identified as an internal
    failure not pointing to specific sensor or part within the gearbox, car drives normally though but they decided
    to replace the whole unit as they would not discharge the car as being (safe to drive)
    without replacing the gearbox, I am wondering are they just being nice to me?! Or is it a common error that they know it does exist
    and thats why they offered me to replace it and charge me only fitting labor costs !!

0 0 0

6. Re: Gearbox overheating!! Please adapt driving style 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The question now is how I will be feeling later, knowing that a car like this could do crazy things like that and could hurt my pocket in such a massive way !

0 0 0

7. Re: Gearbox overheating!! Please adapt driving style 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    can you tell us what engine and gearbox is it? as a7 has two of them, stronic(audi) and tiptronic(zf)

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

0 0 0

8. Re: Gearbox overheating!! Please adapt driving style 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    It is the S tronic
    2013, A7, Exclusive S- Line, white, red interior, fully loaded

0 0 0

9. Re: Gearbox overheating!! Please adapt driving style 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    stronic has bad reputation. high rate of failures also low mileages when fault occured. connecting this gearbox with high torque engines is mistake. but what can you do. audi won't let user to choose gearbox when potential(new) buyer does configuration.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

0 0 0

10. Re: Gearbox overheating!! Please adapt driving style 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    20 Post(s)
    I would have been asking for a clearer reason they wanted to swop out the box. They have oil cooling control for the gearbox so there is a few devices that can cause an overheat code.
    Alan.

A6 Avant (C7) 3.0 TFSI Quattro S-Tronic
    APR St1 Custom Exhaust - now gone
    VW T6 150 DSG Camper £££

0 0 0

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast