1. A6 C6 10 years & 210K bodywork paint & cleanup 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    78 Post(s)
    One of the job I've wanted to tackle on the car was the body work, to be fair it was not in the best condition after 10 years, plenty of scratches, one of the door blades was corroded & coming away from the car, and the paint work felt like sand paper!.

So first was to buy a new door blade from Audi and remove the others as they all had a fair amount of damage on them, which I think were from high curbs.

Picked up the paint from a local Automotive paint shop, and got a spray gun from machinemart. I already had regulators & multiple inline filters on my compressor setup.

Front blades was sanded down & and coated in a plastic primer.

Rear were also given the same treatment, along with 4 new rear parking sensors.

Next a couple of coats of base primer.

Then a couple of coats of base followed by 3 coats of clearcoat

I find putting a few extra cost of clear coats help if you find the finish is not 100% so you can wet sand it flat & machine polish it without cutting into the base coat. But thankfully on this job the finish was fine and just needed a machine polish one fitted to the car.

Then started the clean up.

First a bit of a wash, then out with the clay bar, which made a massive difference to the paint work, if you have never used one of these I would recommend it 100% you will be surprised how much dirt is stuck to your paint work, even after you have washed your car

Even the inner of the doors go done. Before degrease & clay

After

Once fully clayed, it was out with the sand paper, I used a mixture of 2000 & 2500 wet & dry, always keeping the paper wet. Only got picture of one side but the hole car was done where any scratches that were deep enough not to be removed by the machine polisher.

Once I was happy I'd got all the scratches out the hole car was machine polished, then swisswax cleaner fluid was applied along with a couple of coats of swissvax shield which is excellent wax, very easy to apply and give an excellent finish.

Final shots of the finished results

Not looking to bad for a 10 year old car with 210K on the clock.

0 4 0

2. Re: A6 C6 10 years & 210K bodywork paint & cleanup 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    it looks stunning mate, great job! Didn't you have a build thread for the A6, been struggling to find it and can't seem to locate it anymore....was looking for some inspiration for mine

0 0 0

3. Re: A6 C6 10 years & 210K bodywork paint & cleanup 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    78 Post(s)
    Yes it's on another forum, google "a6 build and repair thread" and it should be the top link. I think if I use a direct link to the forum the post will just be deleted.

0 0 0

4. Re: A6 C6 10 years & 210K bodywork paint & cleanup 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    found it, thank you very much for the info and for your great support!

0 0 0

5. Re: A6 C6 10 years & 210K bodywork paint & cleanup 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    13 Post(s)
    Beautiful, It is good to see that you take care about car. I wish my to look the same as your on that age
    Audi A6 Sedan C6 2.0 TDIe 2011 Condor Grey metallic

0 0 0