Dear Friends, I have a AUDI A6 purchased in 2009 May from Audi. Present mileage 88,000 miles. Last week this car siezed to move and when started gear would not engage. Relayed to home and a mechanic tried to drive. It did drive but within few hundred yards it suddenly stopped and the driver and passenger were almost thrown out through the fron windscreen. Then gears would not engage except the reverse gear, hence brought back home in reverse. I relayed the vehicle to AUDI Services who reported that the gearbox had completely siezed and will not engage. When tried to engage, there was lots of rattling noises and hence gearbox needs to be replaced. The cost for this was put @ £8000.00 by Audi agents. I spoke to Audi UK, they were not interested and told me that the car is out of warranty period. They cannot help at all. I would like to know from the forum, whether any one had similar problems and how to deal with the replacement in a cost-effective way. Audi Agents say a car of this mileage & registration is worth £5000 ! I cannot get hold of a gearbox in the UK for this model ! HELP PLEASE

Would value your advice greatly. Thanks