Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi All,

Someone reversed in to my A6 BiTDI last night, admitted fault, exchanged details. Phoned my insurers today to inform and told them I wanted my local Audi dealer to repair instead of insurers jobsworths company. They were happy for me to do so.

Phoned Inchcape Cheshire Audi after and was put through to Audi Assist. They told me they could handle the whole insurance and repair in one.

Question is - which way do I do it, Insurer with Audi repair or Audi assist all the way?

I've seen people talk about Helphire/Albany and Sytner Drive and credit hire/repair, also people talking about non OEM parts and repairing with filler instead of replacing parts because it's cheaper even if it should warrant a replacement. My bumper corner is completely dented in and scratched, although I know it could be filled and covered I don't want my 2 year old A6 having a cheapo job done on it.

Is Audi Assist the new version of Audi Ensurance?

Any advice much appreciated

Cheers in advance

(apologies if in wrong section)

** update: 3rd party insurance phoned, happy to pay Audi Repair centre directly + give me a rental luxury car - A6/5series etc (once pushed). Apparently this leaves my own insurance records clear as I will have made no actual claim. Because a "no fault claim" is still a claim. So when renewing it will be an "incident" at "zero cost" which is much better.

Seems the best option of the 3!?
    Last edited by flashypants; 29-07-2016 at 04:35 PM.
    2014 A6 BiTDI Avant 313 Black Edition

0 0 0

Similar Threads

1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-02-2015, 11:39 AM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 27-10-2013, 05:57 PM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 21-08-2011, 10:01 PM
  4. Advise needed please for bring my Merlin Purple Audi A4 to "sparkling" life!
    By JIGGY C in forum General Detailing/Cleaning Questions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 16-04-2009, 10:17 PM