1. Re: Top end engine rattle after Emissions Recall 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I've done a bit of an unofficial survey of different websites (VW, Audi, SEAT, Skoda and model specific ones) in relation to the fixes over the past week or so. From what I have seen (disclaimer, this is me on the internet and not an official survey) the pattern seems to be :

170/177 2.0s seem to be OK, no difference and no noise.
    140 2.0s Seem to have more top end rattle reported, loss of power in some cases. DSG models seem to change down earlier than before when under load.
    105 1.6s See to be the same as the 140s above in some cases plus less flexibility - e.g. "I need to change down a lot earlier" on hills.
    The 140s and 105s also seem to report more emission "Regens" than before - e.g. Stop/Start suspended, higher idle speed, burning smell, cooling fans left running after engine stop.

Mine is a 105 so based on this I'm probably going to hold off for now at least. If issues continue I'll probably hold off forever with a letter in may car stating that if VW apply it then they are accepting my offer to buy my car at the list price of an equivalent 2017 model.

0 0 0

2. Re: Top end engine rattle after Emissions Recall 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    29 Post(s)
    Interesting.

Even though I have a 177 I will not be having the patch done.
    2013 B7 Passat BlueMotion Sport Estate 2.0 TDi 177PS (CFGC), 6 speed Manual, Metallic Night Blue, Fontana alloys, Start/Stop, RNS-510 (HW H09, SW 5238 V13 maps, 8316) Nav DAB, ACC, XDS, TPM, Westfalia Tow bar, Rear View camera, Keyless Entry, Easy Open/close Electric Tailgate, Park Assist, Electric Parking Brake, DRL's, Amb light, Zebrano wood, Tinted Glass, mud flaps, 61K. Cheat emission software. Nextbase 402G iN-CAR CAM.

0 1 0

3. Re: Top end engine rattle after Emissions Recall 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arragonis View Post
    I've done a bit of an unofficial survey of different websites (VW, Audi, SEAT, Skoda and model specific ones) in relation to the fixes over the past week or so. From what I have seen (disclaimer, this is me on the internet and not an official survey) the pattern seems to be :

170/177 2.0s seem to be OK, no difference and no noise.
    140 2.0s Seem to have more top end rattle reported, loss of power in some cases. DSG models seem to change down earlier than before when under load.
    105 1.6s See to be the same as the 140s above in some cases plus less flexibility - e.g. "I need to change down a lot earlier" on hills.
    The 140s and 105s also seem to report more emission "Regens" than before - e.g. Stop/Start suspended, higher idle speed, burning smell, cooling fans left running after engine stop.

Mine is a 105 so based on this I'm probably going to hold off for now at least. If issues continue I'll probably hold off forever with a letter in may car stating that if VW apply it then they are accepting my offer to buy my car at the list price of an equivalent 2017 model.

Some interesting DATA found on another forum i know it is from an Audi A5 but the 2.0tdi 140 not sure of the year it did not mention that 1drv.ms/b/s!AvcWk_HHJ7e2lSKCPGtHBV19b90L makes interesting?. especiallly the bottom Graph

1 1 0

4. Re: Top end engine rattle after Emissions Recall 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    29 Post(s)
    The latest from the UK,

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-39032167

only 3500 complaints about the patch.
    2013 B7 Passat BlueMotion Sport Estate 2.0 TDi 177PS (CFGC), 6 speed Manual, Metallic Night Blue, Fontana alloys, Start/Stop, RNS-510 (HW H09, SW 5238 V13 maps, 8316) Nav DAB, ACC, XDS, TPM, Westfalia Tow bar, Rear View camera, Keyless Entry, Easy Open/close Electric Tailgate, Park Assist, Electric Parking Brake, DRL's, Amb light, Zebrano wood, Tinted Glass, mud flaps, 61K. Cheat emission software. Nextbase 402G iN-CAR CAM.

0 0 0

5. Re: Top end engine rattle after Emissions Recall 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    29 Post(s)
    The latest from the UK,

Volkswagen 'fixes 470,000 UK diesel cars' - BBC News

only 3500 complaints about the patch.

0 0 1

6. Re: Top end engine rattle after Emissions Recall 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    308 Post(s)

0 3 0

7. Re: Top end engine rattle after Emissions Recall 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    The fact that the cheat software was in use itself makes it clear that you better dont fix it now, because why then they did use it in first place ?

0 1 0

8. Re: Top end engine rattle after Emissions Recall 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abduls Miezis View Post
    The fact that the cheat software was in use itself makes it clear that you better dont fix it now, because why then they did use it in first place ?
    I totally agree and in my thinking how can a software update fix this, surly they could have done this in the first place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Steve
    2014 Passat Estate
    Executive Style
    2.0 TDI Bluemotion
    Tungsten Silver

0 1 0

9. Re: Top end engine rattle after Emissions Recall 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    As we can see from posted dynochart they are fixing it very simply - reducing the power (more significantly the torque) in rpm range where it matters to us the most. Simply you dont have low and mid rpm power you payd for when bought the car. And its also most likely putting more stress on DPF.

1 1 0

10. Re: Top end engine rattle after Emissions Recall 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Not had the top end knock on my 1600 Passat estate B7 Diesel since the recall 7 weeks ago, However, I have noticed the engine is running hotter,presumably to burn away more particulates and bring the emissions in line.My cooling fan is always kicking in,even on parking up. It never did this prior to recall.
    My consumption has dived. 36MPG urban 43MPG on a run.
    I was also told by my local VW dealer,that if I didn't get the modification,it would have a detrimental effect on the cost of my vehicle.

1 0 0

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast