I wasnt sure which forum to put this in so apologies if this is the wrong forum.

I have a 2002 B6 A4 Tdi sport which I have run for the last 8 years (its been brilliant). I am needing something newer and like a lot of people fancy the S-line for the looks and spec but I am concerned about the ride quality that seems to keep coming up in everything I have read.

My B6 Sport is too soft for me on 17"s and is about right when I use it in the summer with 18"s on it. With the 17"s its quite a premium ride but is too floaty and too soft - the 18"s sharpen everything up nicely although its a wee bit crashy I can happily live with it.

Any ex-B6 sport owners out there that have compared it with the S-line? From the impressions I get the s-line is possibly a lot harsher.

Also are the A3 & A4 S-lines the same or is one a bit better ride wise than the other? I was probably going to get an A3 as its probably go more usuable space than the A4 for me (the rear seats go down).

I realise forum opinions are hard to gauge as one persons harsh is anothers perfect.
I once stuck 18"s on my old 1998 A3 Sport after reading people online saying it was fine but in the end i had to go back to 17"s as it was just too harsh for day to day town driving but with my B6 Sport its been ok on 18"s.

I have been trying to get a drive in one but not managed it yet - probably around the 2008/9 age. I was considering the A3 Sport but much prefer the s-line kit.