Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Show me navigation not <REMOVED> phone!

1. Show me navigation not <REMOVED> phone! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Afternoon all,

Just come back from another trip where I was heading into the unknown (with the aid of trusty sat-nav) and needed to make / receive calls.

Love my car but getting quite irritated by the sodding screen changing from nav display to the sodding phone display anytime the phone is used. Any way of making it stop doing that? There are times when you need the phone display to key in numbers etc but mostly it's redundant and the nav display can be critical.
    I know I can just hit the nav MMI button and get it back but that can take a moment or two and the calls always happen at junctions!

Anyway, not a major problem but just wondering if there was a setting or it is configurable anywhere? Have hunted and can't see anything so if there is I assume that it's VCDS.

Cheers.
    C7 Avant, 2.0 Tdi, S-Line & 8P S3; both Phantom Black...

1 0 0

2. Re: Show me navigation not bluudy phone! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    That's just the way it is I'm afraid!

0 0 0

3. Re: Show me navigation not bluudy phone! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    36 Post(s)
    Sorry but it HAS to do that to give you quick acces too potions to drop call, mute etc etc.

Hitting the Nav button to flip back to Nav is no big deal... Think you're making too big a deal of this.
    A6 allroad BiTdi (MY14, July 2013 - DAB & power tailgate). Glacier white, tech pack (HDD Nav, colour DIS, Parking Plus), sports seats, 4 zone climate, heated seats front and rear, ambient lighting, 75L fuel tank, adaptive Bi Xenon headlights

0 0 0

4. Re: Show me navigation not bluudy phone! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Fairly sure my screen goes to phone when the call is being received, but once answered it goes back to nav. Also nav stays all the time between the dials.

Never really noticed it to be an issue and my nav is used most days

0 0 0

5. Re: Show me navigation not bluudy phone! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    If it's really a problem (is it really?) then select Street View for the display between the instruments and this will show you if you need to turn left or right... during those periods before you press the Nav button.

Alternatively, turn your phone off.

I really can't believe this is a problem that needs solving.
    A6 Bi Turbo (320PS) Black Edition, Techno pack, Matrix lights, heavy right shoe. Sept 2015.

0 0 0

6. Re: Show me navigation not <REMOVED> phone! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Why not have the nav on the colour display in the instrument cluster as well? That way when your on the phone you can look down and still see the nav

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

0 0 0

7. Re: Show me navigation not <REMOVED> phone! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Afternoon all,

Thanks for the confirmation that this is what it is.

Re: the comments regarding "is this really a problem"? No, it really isn't and I can tap the Nav button as I said (can also use the DIS, although that is usually set to music / radio display [don't have full colour display]) but I have found it a tad irksome that's all. Being able to override the function would make my life 0.0000001% better and was just idly wondering if it was possible.

Genuinely sure I can live it!

Cheers.

0 0 0

8. Re: Show me navigation not <REMOVED> phone! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    PS - apologies to mods for using naughty word in title. Was clearly grumpy that day (which might explain a few things!)

0 0 0