Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazwould View Post
    Pathetic pointless 3.5mm rim protector , and my dads old KU39 Ecsta Le Sport inner sidewalls split and other uk car clubs had experienced the same .

I had an mot done before this happened with rated Kumho KU31 Ecsta SPT the veteran mot tester went ape and told me to get them off for something decent , I had no idea at the time , but now I do .

Kumho never again , cheap for a reason , stick to premium tyres from Michelin , Goodyear and Dunlop .
    I've driven 30k+ miles on the Le Sports and don't have any complaints. I agree on the lack of rim protection but other than that they were fine. Bit noisy but I've driven on worse.

Currently have Uniroyal Rain Sport 3 on the A3 and again, no complaints.

I recently put 4 Hankook Ventus V12 Evo 2 onto my A4 (255/35/19) and they are miles ahead of the Continential Sport Contact tyres they replaced. 80 more miles to a tank also, the Conti's were rated F for rolling resistance and the Hankooks are C.

0 0 0

2. Re: Which Tyres - Opinions Please? 
    From - Walney Island, Cumbria, Live in: Larkhill, Wiltshire
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    Well, Heres the specs for the ones im considering .

205/55 R16

1.Michelin CrossClimate 94V Fuel:C Grip:A Noise:68dB No rim prot

2.Bridgestone RE002 91W Fuel:F Grip:C Noise:71dB Has rim prot

3.Conti Premium Contact 5 91V Fuel:C Grip:A Noise:71dB Has Good Rim Prot

4. Conti Premium Contact 5 94WXL Fuel:C Grip:A Noise:72dB Has Good Rim Prot

0 0 0

3. Re: Which Tyres - Opinions Please? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    308 Post(s)
    I wouldn't buy any tyre without a rim protector .

0 0 0

4. Re: Which Tyres - Opinions Please? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    has anyone ever scrapped a curb and not had a grazed rim as a result of the rim protectors. ??
    Audi 80 tdi avant with 360,000 miles...

0 0 0

5. Re: Which Tyres - Opinions Please? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    308 Post(s)
    They're a help never a cure .

0 0 0

6. Re: Which Tyres - Opinions Please? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    Well, I think Bridgestones are out of the running now. So it's between either ContiPrem 5 XLs or MCC.

0 0 0

7. Re: Which Tyres - Opinions Please? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    on my s4 i have dunlop sp maxx, all out total grip in the wet and dry, but hit standing water at 50 and she floats where the mcc''s on the 80 just grip. i need new boots on the front of the s4 soon and it wont be whats on there now but most likely the mcc's.
    Audi 80 tdi avant with 360,000 miles...

1 1 0

8. Which Tyres - Opinions Please? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    Update*

Went with four 205/55R16 94V XL Michelin Cross Climates in the end. They've been on the car for about 4 weeks.

I suspect they saved my life on my way home from work tonight (1am ish), fast a-road. Came around a bend doing around about....fast....mph and straight into a rather unexpected, long, road-wide flood...made a lot of noise but grip never faltered! Was in disbelief tbh, I saw the mirrorish black sheen and thought the game was up...

Definatley the right choice for me so far!

1 1 0

9. Re: Which Tyres - Opinions Please? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MiniMental View Post
    Update*

Went with four 205/55R16 94V XL Michelin Cross Climates in the end. They've been on the car for about 4 weeks.

I suspect they saved my life on my way home from work tonight (1am ish), fast a-road. Came around a bend doing around about....fast....mph and straight into a rather unexpected, long, road-wide flood...made a lot of noise but grip never faltered! Was in disbelief tbh, I saw the mirrorish black sheen and thought the game was up...

Definatley the right choice for me so far!
    As a follow up on this, I have just had the fronts changed after 13 months on the car and 22k miles of mainly spirited, non-motorway driving between Swindon and larkhill. Rears still have about 4mm tread on both, front were both on wear markers or below.

Due to funding ATM (New turbo last month etc) the new Michelin CC+ were out of my price range at the moment so I've gone for 205/55R16 91W Bridgestone Potenza RE002's this time. They were my second choice when I originally went for CC's last year. Will see how they cope.

Aidan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 0 0

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12