1. Bi Tdi turbo recall 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    My A6 Bi Tdi went for a service yesterday, + an MMI failure, I got an update call and they told me they have applied the Turbo repair kit for the recall.

Until that point I had no idea there was a recall, I asked what it entailed and was told it was nothing just some improved parts fitted inside the turbo, the advisor was clearly reading notes and not technical.

Are any other Bi Tdi owners aware of this recall, with insight to why it's required?

I can only presume some cars have had failure, with high risk of warranty claims costing more than a recall for all affected vehicles. I'll ask for more details and the recall technical advisory notes when I collect.
    A6 Avant S-Line BiTdi | born Sept '13 | advanced tech pack | sports diff | privacy glass | 75l fuel tank | lighting pack | HB assist | rear cam
    Q5 S-Line Plus TFSI | born April '11 | tempted to add stage 1 Revo taking HP from 177 to 290.

1 0 0

2. Re: Bi Tdi turbo recall 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Was not aware but good info to have. Mine is going in for a big service (30.000 km) end of August, will ask if there is any recall to be done at the same time.

If you find out more, or the invoice makes any reference to a specific recall or a TSB, I would be very interested
    '14 Audi A6 Avant BiTDI
    '08 BMW Z4 Coupe
    ex BMW Z3 M Coupe, E39 M5, E60 M5, E92 M3
    ex MB C43 AMG, C350 CDI 4matic

0 0 0

3. Re: Bi Tdi turbo recall 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)
    Me too, mine was serviced 3 months ago and nothing was said at the time.
    Q7, S-line, Graphite Grey, full leather, 21 inch titanium wheels

0 0 0

4. Re: Bi Tdi turbo recall 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Is it 313PS only or 320PS too?
    A6 Bi Turbo (320PS) Black Edition, Techno pack, Matrix lights, heavy right shoe. Sept 2015.

0 0 0

5. Re: Bi Tdi turbo recall 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Mine's an August 13 build, so 313bhp. I'll get as much detail as possible when I get my car back. Owing to the MMI fault I am not expecting it until Friday or Monday evening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A6 Avant S-Line BiTdi | born Sept '13 | advanced tech pack | sports diff | privacy glass | 75l fuel tank | lighting pack | HB assist | rear cam
    Q5 S-Line Plus TFSI | born April '11 | tempted to add stage 1 Revo taking HP from 177 to 290.

0 0 0

6. Re: Bi Tdi turbo recall 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    In typical Audi fashion, I was not allowed to have a copy of the TBS, nor did I even get sight of it to read. Contrary to originally being told parts had been replaced, today I was told they only performed a measurement of a moving part in the turbo, and that this is routine as part of the service. If thats true, it would be good to have more detail to ensure forum members choosing indi's can makes sure the they have the same check.

It does appear itemised on my invoice as "Recall 21F5 - Servicing Turbocharger", so anyone else taking their Bi-Tdi for a service may want to specifically ask if this will be included, and share any additional details. For reference my car currently has 24,000miles/34months and it went in for an oil change service.

Off topic, they provided the usual health check and advised Brake Fluid is due in two months... why they've not changed it on this service I have no idea, perhaps they think I enjoy taking the car for servicing. :-(.

0 0 0

7. Re: Bi Tdi turbo recall 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    235 Post(s)
    They are probably checking that the actuator is moving freely. This was a common problem in older tdi engines when the actuator seizes and the car overboosts putting it in limp home mode. Only problem was the part was not available separately so new turbo. You can get aftermarket bits to fix it but not from vag.
    As for your brake fluid, they like you to come in as often as possible so you might buy a new car and drink copious amounts of free coffee

0 0 0

8. Re: Bi Tdi turbo recall 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Ok so that simple.

You're spot on re the brake fluid, they even pointed out it should be done when I go for the first MOT... Except I live 45 miles away, and I have a trusted MOT station 4 miles away, and they know that. Ho hmm.

Drifting off topic again but related and relevant to the A6 and BiTdi. I/we are spoilt because in every way the A4 177 Tdi loaner, in contrast, was akin to my expectations of a v.basic car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 0 0

9. Re: Bi Tdi turbo recall 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Based in Ireland and had car in for service today, see seperate thread bitdi running rough. The were also going to change the turbo actuator, as part of an audi campaign which was released on 1st July. However they need to order the fitting kit from Germany (bitdis in ROI, are rare as unicorns). So reckon they will get the car back in next week. I was complaining of s slight vibration, seemingly one of the actuator problems is increased vibration.

0 0 0

10. Re: Bi Tdi turbo recall 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    I had mine in for a HVAC problem (blowing hot air from the right side) and when I dropped it off Tuesday I was told that they would also do the recall on the actuator/check for play as per the Audi instructions.

When end I picked it up the recall had not been done as it had been "closed" in the meantime? I have a proper service done end of August and will query what the status of the recall is.
    '14 Audi A6 Avant BiTDI
    '08 BMW Z4 Coupe
    ex BMW Z3 M Coupe, E39 M5, E60 M5, E92 M3
    ex MB C43 AMG, C350 CDI 4matic

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast