1. Water ingress wet carpet 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi I know the car is a seat Leon mk1 but there don't seem to be much activity in the seat section.

Problem is driver side carpet is soaking wet both mats and carpet drenched. Car was left parked for 2-3 weeks.

I don't Know we're it's leaking from, had a similar issue with my old mk4 golf and was told by mecanic who fixed it that was door seal. On this seat I've taken both door cards off and poorer water on outside of window but don't seem to see any water leaking from the regulator seal.

Any help please thanks

0 0 0

2. Re: Water ingress wet carpet 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AAGT150 View Post
    Hi I know the car is a seat Leon mk1 but there don't seem to be much activity in the seat section.

Problem is driver side carpet is soaking wet both mats and carpet drenched. Car was left parked for 2-3 weeks.

I don't Know we're it's leaking from, had a similar issue with my old mk4 golf and was told by mecanic who fixed it that was door seal. On this seat I've taken both door cards off and poorer water on outside of window but don't seem to see any water leaking from the regulator seal.

Any help please thanks
    I also have a MK1 Leon and water leaks are normally either from the doors or the pollen filter. The pollen filter is on the passenger side so most likely it’s the driver’s door seal.

A good indicator of a seal leaking is water on the door sill when you open the door. There are a number of guides on line about it, basically take the door card off remove most of the bolts from the window regulator and reseal the bottom half.

I’ve had my car ten years and done most of the doors a few times. My driver’s door sill has water on it again so I need to reseal yet again. I was using normal silicon sealant, but it only lasts a couple of years. This time I’m going to try some butyl tape that I’ve seen in some of the on line guides.

0 0 0

3. Re: Water ingress wet carpet 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have sealed both drivers and driver rear yesterday, front with butyl and rear just silicone at bottom. Hope it works

I noticed drivers front speaker was letting water in should I remove and reseal ?

0 0 0

4. Re: Water ingress wet carpet 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I think the speaker is riveted in, so you’d have to drill it out, I haven’t heard of anyone removing one to reseal it.

Sounds like water could be building up inside the door and overflowing through the speaker.

The water is supposed to run out of drain holes. They’re hidden in the rubber seal on the bottom of the door, maybe worth cleaning them to help the water drain.

0 0 0

5. Re: Water ingress wet carpet 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    AAGT150 I had this issue with the passenger side, and apparently it's a common issue.

It's started after I removed the door panel to replace the window regulator. The issue is the seal of the metal part to the door, best to remove it again and either use special sealing tape or use something like gutter sealant to make a better seal, also make sure the drain holes on the bottom aren't blocked. I eventually just use silicone to seal it and it sorted it.

0 0 0

6. Re: Water ingress wet carpet 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    As well as the door plates, yet another way in for the water is the wiring loom grommet plug that goes between the drivers footwell and the wiper plenum. A pain to do, as the wiper arms, brittle plastic shroud, and wiper motor has to come out. Under the wiper motor is a plastic plate about 70mm X 100mm in size bolted in by two almost useless plastic nuts. This is "sealed" by a gasket of crappy foam. Rip it out, dry and seal with butyl mastic. Whilst you are there, do the pollen filter as it is "sealed" in the same way. Car has been dry for the last year now.

0 0 0