1. Re: Spotify through MMI 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    228 Post(s)
    Always happy to be corrected! Guess it's now possible on the newer cars then perhaps?
    Q7 272PS | ABT Tuned to 325PS / 680Nm | Tech Pack | Dyn Pack | Matrix | Pan Roof | Trailer | Drv+Pass Mem Seats | TV | NightV | BOSE | DVD Chger | Homelink | Soft Doors | Heat+Snd Ins Glass | Priv Glass | Heat W/Screen | Heat Steer Wheel | Adv Key | Elec Boot Cover | Elec Steer Column | Side Assist | Air Susp | Ambient Light | Heat+Fold Mirrors | Park Assist Pack | Adv TPMS | Load Fix Kit | Black Turbine Alloys | Matte Black Wrap | ABT Door Leds

0 0 0

2. Re: Spotify through MMI 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    It must be.
    I had to let go of the old Q7 because it wasn't as specified by me (I think the dealer thought i wouldn't notice???)
    After a week of fonecalls/emails they agreed to build me a new one and take the old one as PX (it wasnt that easy but thats the nearest description of what happened)
    So I had the old one for a 3 month extended 'test drive'
    Now, the new one must be a newer build as it does have a smartphone interface (not sure I like that, yet) (and I did not tick that while building)
    sadly I do not know my build week number
    the order was sent to audi on 5th may, and the car was ready for me on 24th june...
    edit:
    just realised...
    it was 5th april..., it did take almost 3 months
    silly me

0 0 0

3. Re: Spotify through MMI 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    183 Post(s)
    Wolek you must have one the first few MY17 cars I'm guessing.

Also guessing you have the embedded sim which allows all of the above...

0 0 0

4. Re: Spotify through MMI 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    yes, there is an embedded sim, and it works, but for the time being I am using the sim I had on the old one (untill it runs out of GB's or minutes)
    then I will have a closer look at the embeded one

0 0 0

5. Re: Spotify through MMI 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    228 Post(s)
    Been thinking, I thought the remote unlock etc only works if you have the embedded SIM, however, as we know from the small print if you put your own sim in the glove box all that then goes over your own SIM and the embedded SIM is not used (at least as far as we know)

If that is the case, then one can't help thinking that those of us on early cars without the embedded SIM it should be possible (maybe???) to enable this stuff. I know ive seen a lot of emergency calls/roadside settings in the system when I've been looking around.. That and changing the overhead panel to include the extra buttons (and no doubt another wiring loom)
    Q7 272PS | ABT Tuned to 325PS / 680Nm | Tech Pack | Dyn Pack | Matrix | Pan Roof | Trailer | Drv+Pass Mem Seats | TV | NightV | BOSE | DVD Chger | Homelink | Soft Doors | Heat+Snd Ins Glass | Priv Glass | Heat W/Screen | Heat Steer Wheel | Adv Key | Elec Boot Cover | Elec Steer Column | Side Assist | Air Susp | Ambient Light | Heat+Fold Mirrors | Park Assist Pack | Adv TPMS | Load Fix Kit | Black Turbine Alloys | Matte Black Wrap | ABT Door Leds

0 0 0

6. Re: Spotify through MMI 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    169 Post(s)
    I would settle for having the remote unlock working and having the auto SOS in the event of a crash even if SOS button retrofit is a step too far.
    Former Q7 owner

1 2 0

7. Re: Spotify through MMI 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    183 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by andyhud007 View Post
    Been thinking, I thought the remote unlock etc only works if you have the embedded SIM, however, as we know from the small print if you put your own sim in the glove box all that then goes over your own SIM and the embedded SIM is not used (at least as far as we know)

If that is the case, then one can't help thinking that those of us on early cars without the embedded SIM it should be possible (maybe???) to enable this stuff. I know ive seen a lot of emergency calls/roadside settings in the system when I've been looking around.. That and changing the overhead panel to include the extra buttons (and no doubt another wiring loom)
    See I agree...second thing is how does the app know as on my app I still only see the original 3 options. Now I can't remember if when setting the app up we paired it up and it knew what menus to show.

0 0 0

8. Re: Spotify through MMI 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    I might be wrong but I think it's VIN dependant.
    There was a stage where I had two Q7's in it and if I chose the old one I only had three screens (blue, yellow, white)
    But when I went for the new one another screen appeared (red) with locking/unlocking and other car options...

0 0 0

9. Re: Spotify through MMI 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    228 Post(s)
    Yup, I only have Maps/Media and Settings or something like that. No red screen

I bet because its things like Lock/Unlock it needs to "call home" to Audi HQ to work.. which means us without out will hit a brick wall no matter what retrofitting/coding we try...

Just a hunch...

0 0 0

10. Re: Spotify through MMI 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    And on another note...
    Even though I am not using esim but my own one it still works.
    So I believe as long as the car has got a constant network connection it will work. Which points me to "only a software update required to get it going".
    BTW this must be the latest software
    2016-06-29 20.30.02.jpg

0 2 0

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast