Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hello to all of you!!!

I am new here so will be as quick as possible.... pls be patient

My 07 Skoda octavia BKD 2.0TDI has encountered a problem with the famous P0299 fault.

Quick recap, the turbo has been replaced and is now fitted with a stock (reco) turbo. Before the change i had overboost condition so tried the Mr muscle trick and it didnt work. Garage said that i had coolant leaking into the intake and had siezed parts of VNT mechanism ( i saw the old turbo and it did have some white marks so its either coolant or maybe the mr muscle??)
    I am losing coolant aswell with no external leaks, so internal somewere - but have been losing it since i bought the car 3 yrs ago.

So back to the boost issue, 1st and 2nd gear pulls ok (not great) and then in 3rd hits limp mode at higher rpm, no engine light. If i drive it in limp mode it pulls like crap up until 2000rpm then for a brief second it pulls and then backs of again - when it backs off a whine, spool sound is heard, as if all the pressure that was built gets pushed out somewhere.

Diagnostics says requested 2000 mbar but im only making 1800 - hence the underboost.

So far changed : MAF, MAP, EGR cooler, EGR valve cleaned and vacuum checked, Turbo actuator new and tested, Vacuum lines hold vacuum. Ive visually checked the intake pipes and they seem ok, yet to do boost leak test.

To add - my tandem pump was leaking where it connects to the block so i just changed the gasket, no more leaks but maybe internally an issue. I dont know how or if its related.

I apologise for the lengthy post but im sure ill get more answers here than from the "mechanics" where i am - customer service is something they dont quite understand,

Thanks Geniuses

0 0 0

2. Re: Skoda Octavia BKD 2.0tdi - P0299 with new (reco) Turbo 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    ...??? Anybody??

0 0 0

3. Re: Skoda Octavia BKD 2.0tdi - P0299 with new (reco) Turbo 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    35 Post(s)
    replace expansion cap

It worked on my A6 2.0 tdi with no obvious sign of coolant leak . Think its £10

P0299 Fault code finally cured - Skoda Octavia II (2004 - 2013) - BRISKODA try this
    VW POLO 2002 1.2 12v , Audi A6 2006 2.0 TDi SE , Skoda Fabia 1.4 TDi

All 3 cars in the current fleet

0 0 0

4. Re: Skoda Octavia BKD 2.0tdi - P0299 with new (reco) Turbo 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    35 Post(s)
    turbo recirc valve as well might be worth looking at

0 0 0

5. Re: Skoda Octavia BKD 2.0tdi - P0299 with new (reco) Turbo 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for your reply mate.

I dont have either of the things you suggested on my engine....

The turbo recirc valve i definitely dont have, the other sensor thats mentioned i dont think I have but I have changed the map sensor thats on the intercooler pipe....

0 0 0

6. Re: Skoda Octavia BKD 2.0tdi - P0299 with new (reco) Turbo 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    35 Post(s)
    the expansion cap is on the expansion tank/ radiator cap & is pressurised ..................... not trying to be cheeky, just trying to understand your reply

There was an audi update to check the turbo recirc valve and a slpit diaphragm inside it

I will have a look to see if I can find it

0 0 0

7. Re: Skoda Octavia BKD 2.0tdi - P0299 with new (reco) Turbo 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Apologies for the misunderstanding...

I know bout the expansion tank/lid which I obviously have so will check that.

I was relating to the boost issue..... The recirc valve which from what ive seen on the web is on the turbo - is that correct??
    If so i dont have that on my turbo...

Tks

0 0 0