Notices

User Tag List

Thread: What can cbdc engine 110 hp vw passat CR 2.0 tdi Turbo can max handle?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Cool What can cbdc engine 110 hp vw passat CR 2.0 tdi Turbo can max handle? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    First of all I am not a big fan of cars. I am noob and still trying to understand. All I want is the best output for my car to handle.

So I have a vw passat saloon 2009/10 2.0 tdi 110hp with engine code cbdc.

I recently stage 1 remap it and had my dpf removed because of the regeneration annoying processed. After the remap I obviously felt a lot of difference and I was so happy that I didnt bother to asked how much power I have gained. On top of that the mpg has drastically improved along with it crazy power!

So now I am looking forward to try and hit stage 2! and I need your ideas on what are the up's and down or even possible to hit 300 hp! what are the thing I need to changed and add?

Also do you guys know how much can my TURBO handle? I mean the max it can take? Because some of my friend saying that it might reach 200hp by itself. I looking forward to either upgrade it to hybrid turbo or buy a bigger turbo.

Looking forward for your help!

0 0 0

2. Re: What can cbdc engine 110 hp vw passat CR 2.0 tdi Turbo can max handle? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    308 Post(s)
    160 bhp is safe max .

0 0 0

3. Re: What can cbdc engine 110 hp vw passat CR 2.0 tdi Turbo can max handle? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Did you know vehicles will automatically fail the MOT test if the filter had been fitted as standard but is found to be no longer present.
    The Maximum amount of power your engine can handle without modification is below:

VW Remap
    Standard Power (BHP): 110 bhpRemapped Power (BHP): 148 bhp
    Standard Torque (nm): 235 nm
    Remapped Torque (nm): 305 nm

0 0 0

4. Re: What can cbdc engine 110 hp vw passat CR 2.0 tdi Turbo can max handle? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    So I need to definitely change my turbo for stage 2 map to atleast reach 200+ hp?

0 0 0

5. Re: What can cbdc engine 110 hp vw passat CR 2.0 tdi Turbo can max handle? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by turboextreme View Post
    Did you know vehicles will automatically fail the MOT test if the filter had been fitted as standard but is found to be no longer present.
    The Maximum amount of power your engine can handle without modification is below:

VW Remap
    Standard Power (BHP): 110 bhpRemapped Power (BHP): 148 bhp
    Standard Torque (nm): 235 nm
    Remapped Torque (nm): 305 nm

Hmmm im guessing thats the max input for stage 1 map process?

can you give me an advice for stage 2 process? what I need and changing?

Cheers

0 0 0

6. Re: What can cbdc engine 110 hp vw passat CR 2.0 tdi Turbo can max handle? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    308 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by turboextreme View Post

Gut and weld back up away from tester eyes , PASS .

DPF delete pipe , FAIL .

0 0 0

7. Re: What can cbdc engine 110 hp vw passat CR 2.0 tdi Turbo can max handle? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    87 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tjdayao View Post
    Hmmm im guessing thats the max input for stage 1 map process?

can you give me an advice for stage 2 process? what I need and changing?

Cheers
    Like a computer system your engine will only give the maximum available for the weakest component. You will be restricted by the standard components in the car and this means your total bhp increase will be limited too. You can change the exhaust, turbo and air intake set up to get your first increases with a remap. You will only be able to achieve higher gains by replacing other components such as injectors, fuel delivery systems, intercoolers, con rods, pistons, cams etc., etc. as the stock items will have a breaking point or will not deliver gains past a certain point.

If you are serious about maxing out a 110hp cbdc engine then you will need some proper help and a big wallet!
    Mad Mitch
    VW Passat 2.0 Tdi Sport 170 BMR Engine, JPQ G/Box, DSG
    Premium Phone Kit, MFSW, Alarm Chirps, Rain Closure, Auto Close
    Emergency Braking Light Flash, Spots as DRLs. VCDS + MicroCAN, 200K Club

0 0 0

8. Re: What can cbdc engine 110 hp vw passat CR 2.0 tdi Turbo can max handle? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    The turbocharger has less to do with improved performance than you might think. Bolting on a bigger turbo charger will in most cases make power worse, not better. There is no such thing as stage 1, stage 2 tune etc.
    It is best to go to a professional tuner with a rolling road and let them custom map the car for its best performance based on the stock parts.

0 0 0

9. Re: What can cbdc engine 110 hp vw passat CR 2.0 tdi Turbo can max handle? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by martin1810 View Post
    The turbocharger has less to do with improved performance than you might think. Bolting on a bigger turbo charger will in most cases make power worse, not better. There is no such thing as stage 1, stage 2 tune etc.
    A K04 instead of a K03 will offer enhanced performance. Of course it'd have to be installed with the other items too -- down pipe, inlet, DV, re-map, etc. The "Stages" are generally held terms following APR's system kits. So a Stage1 is usually the ECU-only flash not requiring any change of components (apart from on the tFSI 2.0L that would benefit from a faster-acting Diverter Valve such as AW Tuning's instead of the OEM Peirburg who's diaphram rips)

Quote Originally Posted by martin1810 View Post
    It is best to go to a professional tuner with a rolling road and let them custom map the car for its best performance based on the stock parts.
    Which will always result in something better than an off the shelf tune . Superchips' home installers download your existing, send the data to their workshop reader/writer who modifies that map and sends it back to the home installer for uploading to your ECU. A copy of your existing OEM map is kept. You can have that stored at their works or on a handheld unit that you can re-flash with.

Beware: there's a stock tune available in the US that gets lost (ECU reverts to default) when battery's disconnected. Of course this could be an olde internet forums' wifes tale -- but it has been repeated. The firm mentioned is over here too and does offer a handheld that stores your new Stage1 tune as well.
    Last edited by RichardSEL; 29-06-2016 at 10:37 AM. Reason: rips
    **SOLD** '06 B6 Passat 2L tFSI SEL 3c5, 232 bhp, Geba metal water pump, GlowShift boost & oil pressure gauges, paddles, powder-coated black Chicago rims yellow calipers, JVC KW NX7000/E sat nav DAB BT Ripspeed sub reverse cam, hi-line MFD, MFSW, Skyline tails, Laminex fogs, LEDs, indicator DRLs, Philips X-tremeVision heads, PowerFlow chrome exhaust, tints to rear, vanity VRM, TPMS, power-fold dimming mirrors, brolly

0 0 0

10. Re: What can cbdc engine 110 hp vw passat CR 2.0 tdi Turbo can max handle? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Adding a bigger turbocharger does not enhance performance. The only way to enhance performance is to increase fuel. Then more air may be required.
    ECU tuning should be done in stages so how can an ecu flash be one stage. That doesn't make sense. A good tuner would not use words like stage 1, stage 2 etc as they are meaningless.
    Most engine tunes work by defeating emissions controls which means that if the annual test was to the original manufacturer standard most tuned engines would fail the test.
    An ecu cannot lose a tune because the battery was disconnected. That is impossible.

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast