1. Fuel Flap 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    13 Post(s)
    Went to the fuel station, important meeting 55miles away, fuel flap wouldn't open!

Figured out the emergency release, still no use! When locked/unlocked could feel some movement but flap wouldn't open when pressed as usual!!

After banging on the flap for about 10mins it suddenly opened!

Went home and oiled it and tried it many times and it seemed to work perfectly.

Happened again after about 2 weeks!

Car going back to Dealers again (under warranty.. I hope)

Has anyone else had similar issues pls

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 0 0

2. Re: Fuel Flap 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JayNana View Post
    Car going back to Dealers again (under warranty.. I hope)

Has anyone else had similar issues pls
    I had the opposite problem.

When I went to the service for the last time in the warranty period, there was a strange failure. They found it, solved it. However at that time, they found, my cup motor is dead. I didn't realised it, as it became dead in the open stage. They replaced the system in warranty, so it was the good news, the strange thing was, that there was no warning, no visible errors shown up in the MMI, however their system was able to read immediately, that this system is completly dead!

So I suggest you to run for an in warranty replacement if possible, at least let there be a record, that your system has this failure.
    Audi Q7/4M MY2016, 3.0 TDI/200 KW Quattro

0 0 0

3. Re: Fuel Flap 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Happened to me, it was the wee barrel part that you push in to release the flap. It wasn't turning properly to release, so dealer sorted it when the car was in getting the water leak sorted/loom replaced under warranty.
    i ended up just getting a screwdriver in to prise it open in the meantime and then just leaving it open.

0 0 0

4. Re: Fuel Flap 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    13 Post(s)
    Thanks I almost did that too, worried that I might break the 2 tabs at the top of the barrel if I prise it out.

Issue until I get it fixed is that the car is booked in a couple of weeks (I need a courtesy car and that's the earliest), and I'm on a half tank already

0 0 0

5. Re: Fuel Flap 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    Really common problem on A6's, your dealer should know all about it. Assume it's the same mech for A7.
    Mine went, but luckily for me got stuck in the unlocked position, apparently an improved mech is used as a replacement.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    2016 A6 Avant 2.0 tdi Quattro Black Edition
    2013 A6 Avant 2.0 tdi Black Edition ​gone
    2010 A6 Avant 2.0 TDI Le Mans. gone.

0 0 0

6. Re: Fuel Flap 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I bought my S7 from Manchester Audi, a slow puncture on the front tyre and a broken fuel flap and 0 miles of fuel in the car. I got to the local garage about 500 meters from Audi and tried to fill up, fuel flap wouldn't open and the emergency pull tab had no affect either.

Got back to the dealer and they replaced it then and there, I was not happy.
    MY2014 S7, Phantom Black, 21" rims, Heads up display, Front and rear camera, TV, BOSE, Lane Assist, Side Assist, Adaptive Cruise, Traffic Sign Recognition, DVD changer, Audi LED logos, Lighting pack, MMI touch with Audi connect, lots of others I can't think of but I know they are there.

0 0 0

7. Fuel Flap 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)
    I've got a lock that sounds like it's sticking when I open it (only narrowed down as far as the drivers side), after reading this it looks like mine could be on its way out. I'll get them to check this weekend when it's in for a service.

Audi A7, S-line, 313 PS BiTDI Tiptronic, Daytona Grey, heated front and rear seats, Audi connect, quad zone climate control, ski chute and bag, Rear tints, 75 Litre fuel tank, All LED headlights, Night vision assistant, Rear view camera with corner view, Navigation plus, MMI touch, Heads up display, Adaptive Cruise control, Blind spot monitoring and active lane assist. Audi A5 (wifes) My Kit car blog - http://mitchsgbszero.blogspot.co.uk

0 0 0

8. Re: Fuel Flap 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I also have this problem on mine 2012 A7. So I took the car to an workshop which replaced the actuator that opens the fuel door. It worked for 2 weeks and then failed again. Next time I brought the car to Audi and they replaced the same actuator again, short time later the system had an electrical short. Now they believe that the control unit to the fuel door opener needs to be replaced which is expensive to fix.

0 0 0

9. Re: Fuel Flap 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    13 Post(s)
    Fixed under warranty - it says 'solenoid seized'.

Remedy 'fuel tank flap' replaced.

0 1 0

10. Re: Fuel Flap 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)
    Well, mine has also seized today. Couldn't get the flap open at the petrol station to fill up. Manual release behind the cover in the boot also didn't work....
    Ended up pulling the flap until it burst open. Fortunately it looks like I've not broken anything.
    I would say the solenoid has failed as described in previous posts.
    I'm thinking about replacing it myself. Has anybody done it and how easy was it? Looking at the VAG parts database, it is either a 4L0862153C or 4L0862153B. Anyone know what the difference is?
    AUDI A7 SPORTBACK [A7] (EUROPE) 2011: BODY: 80990. FUEL FILLER FLAP

Thanks!
    A7 55 TFSI S-Line 2018

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast