Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    228 Post(s)
    +1 what max said.

I've had it on last 3 cars now. Never even considered an option I wouldn't have now.
    Q7 272PS | ABT Tuned to 325PS / 680Nm | Tech Pack | Dyn Pack | Matrix | Pan Roof | Trailer | Drv+Pass Mem Seats | TV | NightV | BOSE | DVD Chger | Homelink | Soft Doors | Heat+Snd Ins Glass | Priv Glass | Heat W/Screen | Heat Steer Wheel | Adv Key | Elec Boot Cover | Elec Steer Column | Side Assist | Air Susp | Ambient Light | Heat+Fold Mirrors | Park Assist Pack | Adv TPMS | Load Fix Kit | Black Turbine Alloys | Matte Black Wrap | ABT Door Leds

0 0 0

2. Re: Is Advance Key worth it? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Hi All, I know this is a bit of an old thread but I am trading in my current 4M Q7 for a 2019 model due in a few weeks which has the C+S pack on it that contains the Advanced Key. This will be my first car with keyless entry and I am a bit concerned about the security aspects of this given the number of car thefts on the rise related to keyless entry/start. Do you have any tips (do I need a signal blocker pouch), are Audi's affected by this tech or is ii mainly BMW/Mercedes?

0 0 0

3. Re: Is Advance Key worth it? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    228 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bathurst View Post
    Hi All, I know this is a bit of an old thread but I am trading in my current 4M Q7 for a 2019 model due in a few weeks which has the C+S pack on it that contains the Advanced Key. This will be my first car with keyless entry and I am a bit concerned about the security aspects of this given the number of car thefts on the rise related to keyless entry/start. Do you have any tips (do I need a signal blocker pouch), are Audi's affected by this tech or is ii mainly BMW/Mercedes?
    I dont have anything to say Audi's arent affected (new ones at that), but I dont have anything to say they are affected either.

Keep the key in an RFID protection pouch when at home... other than that, not much else you can do. I've only heard about it in the news around Mercs and BMWs...
    Q7 272PS | ABT Tuned to 325PS / 680Nm | Tech Pack | Dyn Pack | Matrix | Pan Roof | Trailer | Drv+Pass Mem Seats | TV | NightV | BOSE | DVD Chger | Homelink | Soft Doors | Heat+Snd Ins Glass | Priv Glass | Heat W/Screen | Heat Steer Wheel | Adv Key | Elec Boot Cover | Elec Steer Column | Side Assist | Air Susp | Ambient Light | Heat+Fold Mirrors | Park Assist Pack | Adv TPMS | Load Fix Kit | Black Turbine Alloys | Matte Black Wrap | ABT Door Leds

0 1 0

4. Re: Is Advance Key worth it? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by andyhud007 View Post
    I dont have anything to say Audi's arent affected (new ones at that), but I dont have anything to say they are affected either.

Keep the key in an RFID protection pouch when at home... other than that, not much else you can do. I've only heard about it in the news around Mercs and BMWs...
    See this: keyless.com.pl
    It is in Polish but Google translator will do the job. Also videos are self explanatory.

0 1 0

5. Re: Is Advance Key worth it? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by andyhud007 View Post

From what I've read elsewhere, pretty much all cars with keyless entry are effected. There was a test done by Which i think, the cars which took the most time to clone/amplify the signal for were Jaguar Land Rover. There is a large discussion over on the Volvo XC90 forum, one owner had it XC60 driven off the driveway recently by thieves amplifying the key signal from within the house.

Best suggestion I've seen to date is for manufacturers to start putting motion detectors into keys. If they key hasn't moved for say 30s, shut it down. Your key will always be able to detect motion before it is required to unlock the car (i.e. you are moving as you approach the car). Once in the car, the key could be programmed not to 'go to sleep', to allow it more time to be stationary in a bag lets say before the engine is started.

:wq
    2016/16 (MY17) Volvo XC90 D5 PowerPulse Inscription - Osmium Grey with Charcoal
    Prev: 69 BMW X5 xDrive35d - Monaco Blue, Black Leather, fully loaded
    Prev: 07 Audi A6 3.0TDI Quattro Le Mans Tip Avant - Oyster Grey, Charcoal Leather
    Prev: 57 BMW 335i Coupe - Black, blonde leather.
    Prev: 06 Audi A3 2.0TFSI Quatro - Silver

0 1 0

6. Re: Is Advance Key worth it? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    63 Post(s)
    I know of a few guys on different forums who have had the ghost immobiliser fitted. Would be worth looking into if you had serious concerns.
    Current- A6 C8 40 tdi quattro s line Daytona Grey
    Gone-S3 sportback, A6 C7 biturbo saloon,A4 B 8.5 avant, A6 C6 3.0 tdi Quattro saloon, A6 C5 2.8 Q Avant

0 2 0

7. Re: Is Advance Key worth it? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Thanks everyone for your responses, I will certainly take a look at keyless.com.pl and invest in a couple of signal blocker pouches. We live in relatively low crime area however there have been instances of break-in's over the last 15 years but not keyless thefts. It is a bit frustrating the car manufacturers don't do more to secure the technology.

Do you get the ability to wave your foot under the boot to open hands free as part of the advanced key in the UK?

0 0 0

8. Re: Is Advance Key worth it? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    183 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bathurst View Post

Do you get the ability to wave your foot under the boot to open hands free as part of the advanced key in the UK?[/COLOR]
    You do indeedy

0 1 0

9. Re: Is Advance Key worth it? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemo78 View Post
    You do indeedy
    Great, thanks!

0 0 0

10. Is Advance Key worth it? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    169 Post(s)
    If you try it, it’s more of an in / out kick under the centre of the bumper and then wait. You see a lot of reviews where they complain it’s unreliable but they’re either wagging their foot side to side or being impatient and repeating the kicking motion. They didn’t RTFM

Works every time if you do it properly!
    Former Q7 owner

0 0 0

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast