1. Re: Q7 (4M) Coding 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    I would say I don't have the correct dataset for the camera, When I bought the dongle they used my VIN number and of coarse Australian cars are not in the list of countries to have TSR. So when I start the car l get "no traffic sign recognised" and after a few minute it says "Function unavailable in this country"

The KUFATEC dongle would have loaded the software subscriptions as that is in there price but as they used my VIN it would have loaded the wrong camera dataset.

So I need to load a camera dataset with VCP

In this thread a fellow Audi owner in Melbourne, Australia who has got it working, Traffic Sign Recognition Kufatec in Australia - AudiWorld Forums, he has been working on it for nearly 12 months.

So how do I go about loading a camera dataset as per Nbedford did ?

Q7 (4M) Coding - Page 44

0 0 0

2. Re: Q7 (4M) Coding 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by watrob View Post
    I would say I don't have the correct dataset for the camera, When I bought the dongle they used my VIN number and of coarse Australian cars are not in the list of countries to have TSR. So when I start the car l get "no traffic sign recognised" and after a few minute it says "Function unavailable in this country"

The KUFATEC dongle would have loaded the software subscriptions as that is in there price but as they used my VIN it would have loaded the wrong camera dataset.

So I need to load a camera dataset with VCP

In this thread a fellow Audi owner in Melbourne, Australia who has got it working, Traffic Sign Recognition Kufatec in Australia - AudiWorld Forums, he has been working on it for nearly 12 months.

So how do I go about loading a camera dataset as per Nbedford did ?

Q7 (4M) Coding - Page 44
    AS PER MY POST - You do not get "function unavailable in this country" without the correct dataset loaded. I coded TSR without the dataset and all I got was "no traffic sign recognised". Re that other Aussie car, different vehicle, different camera, different firmware. I know with older cameras changing the adaption mode for TSR to "fusion" made the camera work. This doesn't work with the the Q7 as it implemented the second generation of TSR. From SSP635:

"The second generation of the camera based traffic sign recognition system is available for the Audi Q7.

The camera based traffic sign recognition system uses both traffic signs detected by the front camera for driver assistance systems R242 and information on traffic signs detected by MMI Navigation Plus. The navigation data is transmitted as so-called predictive route data and provides information on the route segments ahead.

The traffic signs detected by the camera have a higher priority. If the detection of traffic signs by the front camera is not possible, the system self-deactivates. This can occur for example due to a dirty or frozen windscreen or due to leaves on the windscreen impairing the visibility of the camera.

The markets in which traffic sign recognition is available were extended to include the following markets:

European markets
    Albania
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Estonia
    Latvia
    Lithuania
    Macedonia
    Moldavia
    Montenegro
    Serbia
    Cyprus

Markets in North America
    USA
    Canada

So to get this working "partially", ie only show traffic signs spotted by the camera, you need to stop the predictive route data from getting to A5. Then the camera should work and hopefully not throw an error.

These Russians reckon they have got it working (need to register an account to view) and charge about 30quid to activate (so to me means its long coding or an adaption setting somewhere). There is a setting in 5F (MIB2) to disable predictive route data but then you lose the other functionality that requires it:

http://audi-facelift.ru/forum/showthread.php?t=930

RADIO TEXT is another pet hate of mine. We should get Radio Text under the station title not with having to go to the "radio text" menu option!

See in this retrofit of a VC in Russia the radio is showing artist and song in the VC!

404 — Page not found

Happy for someone to reach out to them (I've tried) to find out whether they will activate TSR and radio text remotely. I thought radio text might have been a VIM thing but it isn't ;-(

0 0 0

3. Re: Q7 (4M) Coding 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spyderboyant View Post
    AS PER MY POST - You do not get "function unavailable in this country" without the correct dataset loaded. I coded TSR without the dataset and all I got was "no traffic sign recognised". Re that other Aussie car, different vehicle, different camera, different firmware. I know with older cameras changing the adaption mode for TSR to "fusion" made the camera work. This doesn't work with the the Q7 as it implemented the second generation of TSR. From SSP635:

"The second generation of the camera based traffic sign recognition system is available for the Audi Q7.

The camera based traffic sign recognition system uses both traffic signs detected by the front camera for driver assistance systems R242 and information on traffic signs detected by MMI Navigation Plus. The navigation data is transmitted as so-called predictive route data and provides information on the route segments ahead.

The traffic signs detected by the camera have a higher priority. If the detection of traffic signs by the front camera is not possible, the system self-deactivates. This can occur for example due to a dirty or frozen windscreen or due to leaves on the windscreen impairing the visibility of the camera.

The markets in which traffic sign recognition is available were extended to include the following markets:

European markets
    • Albania
    • Bosnia-Herzegovina
    • Estonia
    • Latvia
    • Lithuania
    • Macedonia
    • Moldavia
    • Montenegro
    • Serbia
    • Cyprus

Markets in North America
    • USA
    • Canada

So to get this working "partially", ie only show traffic signs spotted by the camera, you need to stop the predictive route data from getting to A5. Then the camera should work and hopefully not throw an error.

These Russians reckon they have got it working (need to register an account to view) and charge about 30quid to activate (so to me means its long coding or an adaption setting somewhere). There is a setting in 5F (MIB2) to disable predictive route data but then you lose the other functionality that requires it:

Audi-Facelift.Ru - форум Ауди клуба для тех кто в теме :-)

RADIO TEXT is another pet hate of mine. We should get Radio Text under the station title not with having to go to the "radio text" menu option!

See in this retrofit of a VC in Russia the radio is showing artist and song in the VC!

404 €” Page not found

Happy for someone to reach out to them (I've tried) to find out whether they will activate TSR and radio text remotely. I thought radio text might have been a VIM thing but it isn't ;-(

Thanks for your response, for some reason the second half of my post disappeared, I went on to say that Nbedford in the US had Camera Rev d and to get his TSR to work he had to load the new Rev D camera dataset to allow TSR to work, and of coarse the US is in the Dataset list as a country that supports TSR.

So my Dongle uploaded the dataset flash to activate TSR as it say "Function unavailable in this country" so it comes down too getting the new C & D flash dataset files and hacking them to add Australia to the list so to speak and reloading them with VCP. It sounds like the Russian may have already hacked the C & D files as changing the Predictive Route system really defeats the purpose of having all the other systems that hang off it. I had the Russians years ago log into my then X5 and they coded the hell out of it, very impressed.

0 0 0

4. Re: Q7 (4M) Coding 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by watrob View Post
    Thanks for your response, for some reason the second half of my post disappeared, I went on to say that Nbedford in the US had Camera Rev d and to get his TSR to work he had to load the new Rev D camera dataset to allow TSR to work, and of coarse the US is in the Dataset list as a country that supports TSR.

So my Dongle uploaded the dataset flash to activate TSR as it say "Function unavailable in this country" so it comes down too getting the new C & D flash dataset files and hacking them to add Australia to the list so to speak and reloading them with VCP. It sounds like the Russian may have already hacked the C & D files as changing the Predictive Route system really defeats the purpose of having all the other systems that hang off it. I had the Russians years ago log into my then X5 and they coded the hell out of it, very impressed.
    Unfortunately its not that simple. If it was, VCP would offer it. What VCP do is change some information in the existing dataset (go to VCDS and look at AdvancedID before and then after running their script and the dataset version stays the same) to activate TSR as a feature. Also, if you think about it, we can get basic TSR working with errors by updating our Datasets (ie function unavailable in this country or restricted). Owners of Q7 4Ms in the UK without factory TSR use the dataset update from VCP and it works 100%. Hence, the region stuff is in the firmware and NOT the dataset.

If you look at that Russian post, they talk about "stopping PSD" from MIB2. I think they are changing Byte 24 bit 7 in MIB2 which stops PSD from going to ALL devices! Byte_24_psd (0=not activated / 1= activated). Things that rely on the PSD data will not work then. I have tried saying PSD and my MIB2 is not coded in A5 but that doesnt work. I eventually get the "function unavailable in this country" message meaning that these settings have no effect on A5 camera.

I am thinking that the root to getting this working is to look at getting our maps working while having our MIB2s coded as UK. We can test this by changing our map region to UK and seeing whether the maps stop working but TSR works. If this is the case then we know the region information that is used in PSD information is coded in MIB2. We then need to get Oz maps working when the MIB2 thinks its from the UK...

Below from my car. As you can see I have a traffictsr error - currently restricted.jpg sign (50Km) in the bottom right hand side of my VC here in Sydney. As I've mentioned before, you need to see a speed sign within a minute or a little longer or you immediately get "function unavailable in this country"

0 0 0

5. Re: Q7 (4M) Coding 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Q7 Audi 1.jpgAudi Q7 2.jpg

I tried parking in front of a speed this morning (and have done this before) and get nothing? photos attached,

All settings show in MMI, and receive no other messages.

0 0 0

6. Re: Q7 (4M) Coding 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    27 Post(s)
    If you only get "no traffic sign recognised" - YES. Get VCP and apply dataset patch.... You will then have the same issue I have... either "traffic sign function currently restricted" or "function unavailable in this country"

0 0 0

7. Re: Q7 (4M) Coding 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    My second photo says "Function unavailable in this country"

My Q7 is March 2018 build so it will have the latest firmware revision, I have a OBDeleven coming on Monday, will check to see what the KUFATEC dongle actually changed although everything is in the MMI menu's showing TSR.

PS, what would be interesting if one downloaded the UK maps from MyAudi.com, as it states you can download different maps as you drive thru different countries? wonder if TSR would start to work, I mean if you were in Europe and drove into the next country that did not have TSR and you downloaded there maps what would be the error warning "Function unavailable in this country"

0 0 0

8. Re: Q7 (4M) Coding 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    27 Post(s)
    Do you have VCDS? VCDS or VCP are a lot better than OBDEleven. I cant get it to work on my phone. I've tried everything.

0 0 0

9. Re: Q7 (4M) Coding 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Can anyone tell me what this does? in Control Unit 5F

menu_display_road_sign_identification_clamp_15_off :
    Not activated