Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    228 Post(s)
    I'll update the coding on the first page over the weekend on how to do this

A
    Q7 272PS | ABT Tuned to 325PS / 680Nm | Tech Pack | Dyn Pack | Matrix | Pan Roof | Trailer | Drv+Pass Mem Seats | TV | NightV | BOSE | DVD Chger | Homelink | Soft Doors | Heat+Snd Ins Glass | Priv Glass | Heat W/Screen | Heat Steer Wheel | Adv Key | Elec Boot Cover | Elec Steer Column | Side Assist | Air Susp | Ambient Light | Heat+Fold Mirrors | Park Assist Pack | Adv TPMS | Load Fix Kit | Black Turbine Alloys | Matte Black Wrap | ABT Door Leds

0 0 0

2. Re: Q7 (4M) Coding - Last Updated 22/11/2016 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    183 Post(s)
    Just seen on OBD apps there’s a lot of new ones, have to ad it it’s been a while since I’ve looked...new ones that stand out (for me)

- Second Phone Support
    - Lane Departure in HUD (is this already in HUD - can’t remember)
    - Copy Music from CD
    - B&O Loudspeak trim illumination(if you fancy it you can turn it off)
    - Highway Lights - automatically adjust lights at 68mph to give you extra 70meters visibility
    - Brake Pad wear sensor (doesn’t this already exist?)
    - Wash Water Sensor (again doesn’t this already exist?)
    - Seat Heating Stages - increase the temp by +/- 5c at each stage
    - Lock Unlocn acoustic confirmation (know the coding already is on thread but they’ve created the app)

There’s a good few more aswell

0 0 0

3. Re: Q7 (4M) Coding - Last Updated 22/11/2016 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nbedford View Post
    I have finally got around to purchasing VCP and I can confirm that I have successfully been able to enable traffic sign recognition on my car.

However, the script @andyhud007 mentions above is only the coding part of things (modules 17, A5 and 5F) that on it's own was not sufficient. As others have speculated, but I'd never actually seen any concrete evidence the camera module also needs the correct dataset loaded.

VCP have dataset's available that support the A5 module with index C and D for the Q7 4M (my car has a D). These are available in .flash files (not .zdc containers to be used with their one click guided functions) and have to be written using the VCP flashing option. It was a little bit of a step into the unknown, but in the end it all worked out.

Even if I never use VCP for anything else (I'm certain I will ) the way I see it is this works out better value for money than the single use Kufatek dongle which appears to be the other method people have used for TSR/VZE.

I'm happy to help others (at their own risk!) but I'm even further down sawwwwwwwwwwwfffffffff than andy.
    Hi nbedford,

I have a Q7 2018 fully optioned (Australian), I ran the Kufatec dongle for TSR which of coarse used my Australian VIN number and did not update the camera dataset of A5. I have no errors and all items are in the MMI etc but get the warning "Function is unavailable in your country" as the Australian cars are not the list of countries that have TSR.

Can you guide me how to install tthis dataset for the A5 Camera as it seems it is now the only thing missing? I think even if I gave Kufatec a VIN number of a working TSR Q7 from factory I am not sure it would load that dataset or do you think it would and be simple fix?

Tried to PM you but I don't have 10 posts yet.
    Thanks

0 0 0

4. Re: Q7 (4M) Coding - Last Updated 22/11/2016 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    27 Post(s)
    It will only work 50% of the time. A5 camera and TSR has nothing to do with VIN... The A5 camera gets route data from the MIB2 which has the location of the data in it (as the 100% working TSR compares map speed information with traffic signs viewed by the A5 camera). The issue is the camera has a list of supported countries which Australia isnt one. VCP allows you to update the dataset on the camera so that it can communicate the traffic sign information to the instrument cluster (this is what datasets do amongst other things - another way in the future for VAG to offer features as a paid service!).

Now, back to your question, if you are getting "Function is unavailable in your country", I think the dataset has been loaded/updated correctly. For this to function, you need to pick up a traffic sign within a few minutes of starting the car (before the A5 camera receives predictive route data (PSD) from the MIB2. Then you will get that single traffic sign in your cluster. What happens though is when you get the PSD, you get an error saying "Traffic Sign Recognition: currently restricted". The camera however will continue to operate. Trick is to:

a) stop PSD from reaching A5 camera.
    b) hack firmware in A5 to allow Oz...

Some Russians claimed to get it working by blocking PSD from MIB2. There is a setting for it on the MIB2 but if you disable it, you lose all the other stuff this data is used for such as wide lighting at night when coming up to an intersection etc...

0 0 0

5. Re: Q7 (4M) Coding - Last Updated 22/11/2016 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    27 Post(s)
    So park your car near a street with a visible traffic sign. Turn it off, then on again and drive by the sign to see whether you get the sign in your VC. If not, you may not have the dataset updated correctly (you need VCP). If you do get a traffic sign, that's the best you are going to get... till someone figure's this out. I have been trying on and off for 1 year now....

0 0 0

6. Re: Q7 (4M) Coding - Last Updated 22/11/2016 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    44 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by watrob View Post
    Hi nbedford,

I have a Q7 2018 fully optioned (Australian), I ran the Kufatec dongle for TSR which of coarse used my Australian VIN number and did not update the camera dataset of A5. I have no errors and all items are in the MMI etc but get the warning "Function is unavailable in your country" as the Australian cars are not the list of countries that have TSR.

Can you guide me how to install tthis dataset for the A5 Camera as it seems it is now the only thing missing? I think even if I gave Kufatec a VIN number of a working TSR Q7 from factory I am not sure it would load that dataset or do you think it would and be simple fix?

Tried to PM you but I don't have 10 posts yet.
    Thanks
    Hi, I think spyderboyant has replied with much more technical information which relates to your country than I would be able to offer. However, one point to note is that vcp datasets and encrypted to individual vcp license dongles, but it sounds like the kufatek dongle has done everything it can anyway!

0 0 0

7. Re: Q7 (4M) Coding - Last Updated 22/11/2016 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    27 Post(s)
    @watrob. Do you have Matrix lights and steel springs?

0 0 0

8. Re: Q7 (4M) Coding 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Yes I have Matrix lights but have air suspension

0 0 0

9. Re: Q7 (4M) Coding 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Have check the car on the road this morning and does see any signs at all

0 0 0

10. Re: Q7 (4M) Coding 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by watrob View Post
    Have check the car on the road this morning and does see any signs at all
    You mean you didn't see any traffic signs in the VC? Keep the view in the VC on the traffic sign tab. It should start by saying "no traffic sign recognised". This then changes to (a) a traffic sign as it has seen one (b) "function unavailable in this country". If you do see a traffic sign prior to (b), you eventual get the error "Traffic sign recognition: function currently restricted"... The error stays but the camera still keeps reading traffic signs... Restricted means it is NOT comparing the values in the map data with the images of speed signs the camera has picked up. This is the big difference between the Audi TSR system and other cars as it is using map data to make comparisons. Other cars such as Volvo and mazda just show the traffic sign that their camera has seen.

Make sure you park the car turn it off and lock the doors. That seems to reset the camera TSR settings. Then start the car, wait 20-30 seconds then drive past a traffic sign and see if the camera picks up.

Without the correct dataset in the camera (ie just coding TSR) you always get "no traffic sign recognised"... and no errors. VCP is great for all the dataset stuff. I;ve had to use it for BOSE retroft and Ambient light retrofit as both MIB2 and J519 [BCM1] need dataset updates. Tehe guys at VCP are pretty good with requests as well. As Andy mentioned, all the flash files etc.. are tied to your dongle so you need to also purchase the software subscriptions. finally, they do VIM as well.

Trust me, I spent months figuring all this out! We need to find a way of stopping the predictive route data hitting the A5 camera but still available for J519 (controls the lights and all those functions). I thought I had it nailed with some PSD fields in the A5 but it didnt work :-(

0 0 0

Page 45 of 70 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast