Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ragebe View Post
    I don't recall ever seeing the car pic, above the rev-counter. On my car, Energy consumers is between Long-term memory and Driver assist.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    The car pic in the rev counter flummoxed me for a bit then realised he must of had his bonnet open when taking the picture. It's the same when I had the car opened.

Initially thought the car was showing pictorially where the energy consumers where, and we needed Andy's magic again

0 0 0

2. Re: Q7 (4M) Coding - Last Updated 16-08-2018 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    65 Post(s)
    Now it works after coding! Thanks again Andy, you are Great!
    By the way, I don't understand why this function was not factory set in my car.
    Cheers

0 0 0

3. Re: Q7 (4M) Coding - Last Updated 16-08-2018 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Enable Ability to lock car with Engine running

Description: By Default Q7 (4M) cars can't be locked via the lock button on the keyfob or the button on the door (if you have convenience key) if the engine is running. This change enables the car to be locked while the engine is running. This is useful to say, for example warm the car up but keep it locked on your driveway.
    Notes: If you having folding mirrors, they do not retract once you lock the car.
    Usage: Once configured start car engine, get out car and lock. Engine will remain running.
    Risk: Low.

Coding:

1. Module 46 - Central Convenience
    2. Coding
    3. Long Coding
    4. Long Coding Helper
    5. Byte 9
    6. Tick Bit 7
    7. Exit
    8. Do It

ODBEleven Coding:

1. Module 46 Control Module "Comfort System"
    2. Coding
    3. Find "central_locking_system_lock_unlock_at_engine_runni ng"
    4. Value is set to "Not Active"
    5. Change Value to "Active"
    6. Apply

*Thanks to JOEREZ for sharing this coding change

Tried this on my 2018 q7 North American verison and can not get it to work...i have the obdeleven device....i can lock the car but then i cannot unlock it once i make the change...had to use the manual key to get back in . Any thoughts...has this worked for a lot of people?

0 0 0

4. Re: Q7 (4M) Coding - Last Updated 16-08-2018 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    39 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scfz1000 View Post
    Any thoughts...has this worked for a lot of people?
    Yes, it works on my Q7 (EU car MY2017) and I have no clue why it does not work for you.

0 0 0

5. Re: Q7 (4M) Coding - Last Updated 16-08-2018 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Hi Guys,

I recently purchased a 2018 Q7 in NAR, and have been reading the thread and have made some coding changes via VCDS (Thanks Andy)

I have found the coding to turn off the front amber side marker lights and how to turn on rear tail lights with DLR's.

If anyone is interested in the changes I can post up once I can access the data from the computer.

Has anyone found a way to keep Auto main beam on all the time (so it comes on when needed), rather then switching it on everytime you want to use it?
    and the same for the all weather lights?

Thanks

0 0 0

6. Re: Q7 (4M) Coding - Last Updated 16-08-2018 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich8506 View Post
    Below is a '17 5F coding, compared with a '18 5F coding. I am not a coding expert, nor do I know what I am looking for. But if anyone could assist with trying to get this screen to close, I would appreciate it big time

17 Q7 5F.jpg - Google Drive

18 Q7 5F.jpg - Google Drive
    Hi Rich,

I absolutely dislike the screen staying up even though its off. I work at an Audi dealership in USA and grabbed coding from numerous Q7's that had 360 camera and same mmi system and screens that went down when button is pressed. I compared coding, made coding changes on my Q7 (from what I found the coding was the same except the last BYTE (BE/FE), which is the same in the coding you added), from the coding changes I made there is no way to have the screen go down. It cannot be done with coding, its a software issue as far as I know. I have the same thing when in VCDS and in 5F, the screen goes down then power button is pressed, as soon as you exit it no longer does it.

Unless I missed something.

Thanks

0 0 0

7. Re: Q7 (4M) Coding - Last Updated 16-08-2018 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    228 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 2018q7 View Post
    Hi Guys,

I recently purchased a 2018 Q7 in NAR, and have been reading the thread and have made some coding changes via VCDS (Thanks Andy)

I have found the coding to turn off the front amber side marker lights and how to turn on rear tail lights with DLR's.

If anyone is interested in the changes I can post up once I can access the data from the computer.

Has anyone found a way to keep Auto main beam on all the time (so it comes on when needed), rather then switching it on everytime you want to use it?
    and the same for the all weather lights?

Thanks
    Thanks 2018q7.

I believe I have the same coding but I've just not got round to adding to the first post so if you could share here or via Pm I can compare against mine as I'm sure it's the same and then update the first post accordingly. Appreciate your efforts!

Sadly not found way for auto high beam or all weather lights to come on automatically without having to use the stalk..... Yet.

Cheers.
    Andy
    Q7 272PS | ABT Tuned to 325PS / 680Nm | Tech Pack | Dyn Pack | Matrix | Pan Roof | Trailer | Drv+Pass Mem Seats | TV | NightV | BOSE | DVD Chger | Homelink | Soft Doors | Heat+Snd Ins Glass | Priv Glass | Heat W/Screen | Heat Steer Wheel | Adv Key | Elec Boot Cover | Elec Steer Column | Side Assist | Air Susp | Ambient Light | Heat+Fold Mirrors | Park Assist Pack | Adv TPMS | Load Fix Kit | Black Turbine Alloys | Matte Black Wrap | ABT Door Leds

0 0 0

8. Re: Q7 (4M) Coding 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Hi guys need some help i have Q7 4m my2016 , after the first visit of service they blocked my navigation now is there a way for me to activate it sonit comes on my VC ?

0 0 0

9. Re: Q7 (4M) Coding 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    80 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by achaluja View Post
    Hi guys need some help i have Q7 4m my2016 , after the first visit of service they blocked my navigation now is there a way for me to activate it sonit comes on my VC ?
    Take it back and get it sorted under warranty.

Q7 3.0 TDI Quattro (272 HP) S-Line
    (Gone) A6 C6 AVANT 2.7TDI SE MANUAL
    Hers - Mk. VII Golf '15' 2.0 TDI BlueMotion

0 0 0

10. Re: Q7 (4M) Coding 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by andyhud007 View Post
    Work in Progress List

• Taillight LEDs with DRLs
    • DRLs not dimming on indicator activation
    Have you managed to find an answer to the above two, please?

0 0 0

Page 53 of 70 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast