So my original 1-DIN HU was gone before I bought the car (there's a 1-DIN Pioneer unit in there now), but the codes in the sheet says "8DF = Radio "RCD 4002" and "8RX = Passive speakers". AFAIK, no Bose stuff. I had a look-see in the doors (fronts), and the speakers are 6.5" and a small tweeter. It appears that there is only one pair/set of wires for the speakers going to each door speaker, and the corresponding tweeter is piggybacked on this circuit with a cap in line (?).

Here's whats already done: Power and low-level signal cables (+ remote) to the rear. Monoblock for subwoofer and the subwoofer itself, wired, mounted and fuctioning. 4-channel amp mounted and wired up, power not connected yet (no point as there is no load on the amp yet). Bridged for 2-ch operation (2 ohm stable amp), speaker cables run from the amp to the kick-panels up front. I'll be running the front door speakers off this amp. Front set is here tomorrow, Hertz ESK165.5 2-part components (6.5" (fairly shallow magnet debth) +tweeter - to go in stock locations).

I want to keep the component crossovers inside the cabin rather than in the doors, so I'll be pulling 2 pairs of speaker wire through to each door. This way,, I also don't need to muck about with the stock wiring, should I need to put the stock speakers back in at some point.

Is there something I should be aware of, when doing this bit? And will disconnecting the stock front speakers, leaving that circuit unused/disconnected, throw a fault code? If so, any good ways around that?