1. Rejected Q7....My never ending saga 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    So, i'll try keep the background info as short as I can.

I bought a new 4L Q7 in October 2014. Since December 2014, i useed to get warning lights saying
    1- ABS Failure
    2- ESP Mdoule failled/Stability Programme disengaged.
    3- Brake Modulator Fault

Sometimes they all came back to back, sometimes in isolation. Their common denominator was that the Air suspension always disengagaed and the screen in mmi greyed out with the suspension stuck in "Lift".

The common trigger for all these faults was the Stop-Start. e.g. When trying to pull away from a set of light. The car would take 4-5 cranks to restart, it would sometimes fail to start, and the brakes would just go. the pedal would go into the carpet and the steering would lock like the car is switched off. Sometimes it would eventually restart itself, sometimes I had to manually restart the car.

Audi gave me all sorts of bull. Made me buy 2 sets of new tyres (because maybe the cars "very high torque" was casuing the car to lose traction on restart and with my tyres being 4-6mm) and scotland being wet and it being winter.... blah blah). I knew it was bull, but I still bought them: no result.
    They then made me pay for tracking and wheel alignment (because maybe because I drove in dynamic alot, the tracking was off and the car wasnt "sitting right"), inknew this was bull too, but still i humored them and did it.: no joy.

So, over the period of Dec '14 to Feb '16 My car was in the Audi workshop for combined total of 197 days. this was on 14 sepearate occassions. On each occassion, they gave me back the car and claimed all was fixed. All under warranty. They replaced over £10,000 worth of compnonents and man hours: Abs Sensors, Abs control module, Battery, ECU processor port, ECU, Haldex torque sensor, Haldex drive regulator... All of which didnt remedy the problem.

ALL came to a head on Feb 2nd when having just been given the car back 24 HOURS BEFORE! when the brakes failed, Mrs was driving and coming to a roundabaout in the rain, steering locked. she had to apply parking brake, skidded etc. I called Audi Roadside and my Audi dealer Service Manager, who is a great guy and I had dealt with all year on this issue. The car was recovered to the dealership and my Mrs was driven home. Service manager then advised I call Audi UK, whom I told Ino longer believed the car was repairable. 1 year, 197 days, over £10k later the fault was still there and getting worse. I was livid. My family's safety and other road users were beig endangered. She said I would have to reject it if I ddint feel the car was repairable and I didnt trust and want it any more.

I wrote my purchasing dealerships Hea dof Buiness and official letter of rejectio. he brought me in and accepted it. ghe had no idea of the whle saga. upon reading all the job sheets seeing all the warranty costs etc, he was livid. He said he'd have drawn a line under this long before it got this bad and this costly to Audi. and he said if he had been me as a customer, he'd have rejected the car and kicked off, ages ago. I said I'm patient and had faith in the brand and dealership.

Since 2nd Feb I have been 3 different courtesy Q7's all 4M. I also notifed VWFS, through whom my PCP is run. they also opened their own inversigation.

It is now the back end of June and still, the issue is unresolved. The dealer said they's look to put into a new car if identical specc to the rejected car. now, there's an issue because to put my specc into the 4M Q7 creates a deficit of £14,000. They dont wanna absorb it, Audi UK are dancing around it, and VWFS dont wanna commit to it either. Its as though the 3 are playing a game of pass the hot-coal. I find this absurd, because to dae the courtesy cars I'm in have cost over £11,000 in rental fees because they are hired from Europcar and AMT! This £14,000 is made worse because nearly 6 months later, the rejcted car is still currently "not cleared for road use" and is covered in a tarpaulin at the dealership awaiting shipping to germany for "further tests". So the gaffer at the dealership is bitter becuase he cant even re-sell it to recoup some money.

Now, I've involed legal repsentation and the Ombudsman. Because the most recent status is the the Gaffer at the dealership told me to spec and identical new Q7 and he'd get figures together. He has come back with figures that rais emy monthly PCP to a few pounds shy of £1,300. he has based this on no deposit (he said i can put one if i want) , 4 yrs and 10k miles/year.

I have some questions for you guys:

1- Why is he basically giving me a quote as though I'm just a new customr looking to buy a fresh car and disregarding the money I've already put in the rejected car?
    2- Am I right in my stance that I shouldnt have to be forced to pay more for the replacement of a car whos failing are not of my doing?
    3- Even if it was just a new car purchase, with the spec listed below, combined with 10k/yr for 4yrs is £1,293/month a fair price?

The spec is exactly as my previous car, bar the few things that didnt exist at all for the 4L, such as Matrix Lights and V-cockpit. I have told them too that for these thinga I would be ok to pay for them. Upfron even. But I wont pay the price diffrence of replacing my car just because coincidentally the company no longer make the 4L. I have told them that; if the 4L was still in production, would they have charged me more for anytbing? They sad no. they'd have just ordered a new car. So, I've told them that i should be the one to be penalised for the fact that the 4L was replaced. I told them that at the time of rejection, I wasn't actively looking to buy the new Q7 and I'd have been happy with mine for anoth 12-18 months. So, since it their car thats failed me, then the onus is on them to foot whatver extra costs will arise in putting me back into a car.

PLEASE HELP!

• Exterior color options: Orca black, metallic

675.00 GBP

• 21", 21" x 9.5J '5-twin spoke' design' in titanium look finish, gloss finish alloy wheels with 285/40 R21 tyres

1,650.00 GBP
      Audi Matrix LED headlights

950.00 GBP

• Seat cover options: Valcona leather with S line embossing on the front seats, seat: Rotor grey with contrast stitching in silver, dashboard: Black, carpet: Black, headlining: Black
      1,100.00 GBP

• Heated 3-spoke leather multi-function Sports steering wheel
      250.00 GBP

Dynamic Pack

• 2,655.00 GBP

• Style package

2,200.00 GBP

• Technology pack 1,950.00 GBP

Black roof rails

• 0.00 GBP
      Black Styling Pack

700.00 GBP

• Deletion of model and technology badges at rear

0.00 GBP
      Running boards

0.00 GBP

• Electric panoramic glass sunroof

0.00 GBP

• Heat/sound-insulating glass with privacy glass

525.00 GBP

Driver’s side memory function for the electrically adjustable front seats

• 350.00 GBP

• Electrically adjustable steering column

400.00 GBP

Ambient Lighting Package
      0.00 GBP
      Door mirrors - with memory and auto dimming function. Electrically folding, adjustable and heated

200.00 GBP

• Advanced Key

950.00 GBP

• Power door closure

625.00 GBP

Tow bar - electrically folding with trailer assist

1,300.00 GBP

Audi Virtual Cockpit

0.00 GBP
      BOSE® 3D Surround Sound

1,100.00 GBP

Audi Connect Infotainment (3 year subscription) with embedded SIM

• 0.00 GBP

Audi Phone box with wireless charging

0.00 GBP

Head-up display

0.00 GBP

Parking pack advanced

1,800.00 GBP

Adaptive air suspension

0.00 GBP

• Fuel tank - 85 litres wth AdBlue tank - 24 litres
      0.00 GBP

LED for entry area, Audi rings, with narrow plug

77.00 GBP

TOTAL: ROTR- £71, 447.00

0 0 0

2. Re: Rejected Q7....My never ending saga 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    Well most dealers give 10% off so the rotr is BS to me which brings down your overall price plus the finance contribution of 750 on top brings u to around 63k. That's what your dealer should be quoting u for. So ur monthly should be lower than that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 0 0

3. Re: Rejected Q7....My never ending saga 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    Also not sure how far your case has gotten with Audi check if it's being handled by the executive team in Audi. I've had to get my case escalated twice and feel they take it more seriously when you do.

0 1 0

4. Re: Rejected Q7....My never ending saga 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    blimey , what a complete nightmare for you. can't believe how patient you have been. what are cars like this going to be worth in a few years when they become old used cars. 'unsolveable electrical fault causes panic mode'' ??
    good luck with it and whatever you get offered.
    Audi 80 tdi avant with 360,000 miles...

0 0 0

5. Re: Rejected Q7....My never ending saga 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Papereyes View Post
    Well most dealers give 10% off so the rotr is BS to me which brings down your overall price plus the finance contribution of 750 on top brings u to around 63k. That's what your dealer should be quoting u for. So ur monthly should be lower than that

Uh, thanks for that. I thought as much! A guy do business with has just ordered an RS6 that came in at 82k after discounts etc and his monthly was about 1,300. Hence my shock here. I think the dealership are just being difficult intentionally because I'm sticking to my guns on the whole issue.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

0 0 0

6. Re: Rejected Q7....My never ending saga 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Papereyes View Post
    Also not sure how far your case has gotten with Audi check if it's being handled by the executive team in Audi. I've had to get my case escalated twice and feel they take it more seriously when you do.

I'll be on them 1st thing tomorrow. Thanks for that.

0 0 0

7. Re: Rejected Q7....My never ending saga 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zollaf View Post
    blimey , what a complete nightmare for you. can't believe how patient you have been. what are cars like this going to be worth in a few years when they become old used cars. 'unsolveable electrical fault causes panic mode'' ??
    good luck with it and whatever you get offered.
    Thanks mate even my Mrs is fed up and says I'm being too calm and letting them muck me about with their repeat calls of "we should have this sorted by next week for you ". 5months later......
    An absolute **** up. It pains me coz I really love my car. It was everything I wanted and needed. And just seeing sat there at the dealership covered in a tarp makese sad. I'd always envisioned it going on to another happy home next year....

0 1 0

8. Re: Rejected Q7....My never ending saga 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Wow that is an horrendous story. Sorry to hear that you have suffered such I nightmare amd hope it gets better soon.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    2012 Audi A7 SE, Midnight Blue, MMI Plus with touch, Adaptive Cruise Control, Lane Assist, Blind Spot Monitoring, Head Up Display, Audi Pre-Sense, 2wd 8 speed.

0 0 0

9. Rejected Q7....My never ending saga 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    183 Post(s)
    My goodness totally feel you - having rejected a 4M already and knowing how tricky it can all be, I really do feel for you.

Unfortunately I can't comment on the numbers but papereyes logic works.

Good luck with it all and stick with it

0 0 0

10. Re: Rejected Q7....My never ending saga 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Q7newbie View Post
    I'll be on them 1st thing tomorrow. Thanks for that.

When u speak to ur case handler explicitly tel them u want it escalated, they try and fob you off but exec team have better relationships to get stuff sorted. It will take an extra day or two to get them but they basically deal direct with the principle dealers to sort stuff out. Good luck!

0 1 0

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast