1. Latest Map Update 2016/2017 - Not showing on MyAudi 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)
    Anybody else got a message to upgrade in car to 2016/2017 maps? I don't want to download via mobile due to my data allowance but normally going to myAudi allows me to download it on to SD card. However in myAudi is states my map is up to date and no options to download (or even redownload even though that is supposed to be unlimited times)

I did upgrade about a month or so ago when I visited myAudi as it seemed to suggest an update however this was definitely 16 rather thatn 16/17 as it prompted me in the car.

Anybody got the correct version numbers and a method of getting to the download? I did see one site that suggested a direct link on myAudi by changing the URL but can't find it via Google.

Thanks

0 0 0

2. Latest Map Update 2016/2017 - Not showing on MyAudi 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi ChuckMountain- I'm glad you posted because I thought I was going mad! Like you, I was prompted by the MMI yesterday to update my maps. So when I came indoors I downloaded the maps onto my SD card and this morning went to install them. It turns out that the maps installed are the very same version as the maps, like you perhaps, I installed a month ago!
    I'll try and post some pics in a second but the navigation database I have has the following version reference: V03959801FA 0134 ECE2016.

The software version is: MHI2_ER_AU57x_K2519_2.

When I realised I had basically downloaded and installed the same version as I already had, I went back to myAudi to download the new version - thinking I had made a mistake somehow and downloaded the old version. That's when I also discovered that myAudi was now saying that my maps were already up to date.

So, my conclusion was that some sort of technical glitch happened to suggest a new set of maps was available. Or, that technical glitch continues which is why they have removed the 'wrong' downloads from being downloaded again. Who knows?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 0 0

3. Re: Latest Map Update 2016/2017 - Not showing on MyAudi 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)
    Glad its not just me then

I have just checked my car software and that's version MHI2_ER_AUG11_P0034 which is different to yours no idea which one is newer but my car was registered in Jul 2015 so built sometime before then and I have only ever updated the Nav via SD.

Checking the maps then I am also V03959801FA 0134 ECE 2016 so same edition of that and that lists the individual maps as Country 2016.

Checking updates online in the car gives me the option Country 2016/2017 so looks like there is definitely something newer available.

What's annoying is that the car will let you reinstall the same version without prompting you to say its the same version as what you have are you sure....

A couple of other people are saying on an A3 thread they are having the same issue on the myAudi site so I wonder if it is another glitch. Last time the updates were released I remember having to enter the URL directly as the map service just didn't seem to appear and there appeared to be a bug.

Hopefully will fix it or find a way to get to the download URL ...

0 0 0

4. Re: Latest Map Update 2016/2017 - Not showing on MyAudi 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Mine is a MY15 that I collected in May last year. I think the difference between our software versions is probably down to an MMI update I had done at a recent service last month (as opposed to a change that will be caused by newer maps).

Good idea to check if the car itself is still promoting for an update - I will check tomorrow and if it is, check again on myAudi. Hopefully the new working week will have some IT folk at Audi resolving the glitch and pushing us updated maps...

Having only just recently pushed out an update, I wonder whether this further update (if it exists) is a sort of bug fix for the sorts of errors that have been spotted, eg. references to Newcastle in Lyme...?

0 1 0

5. Re: Latest Map Update 2016/2017 - Not showing on MyAudi 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    P.S. Yes, I'm pretty sure the 'new' version I downloaded was same as 'old'. After the update a month or so ago, I took a picture of the software version. This morning I did the same after the 'new' installed and then checked the two photos. Both have same versions for maps. Sadly. I was rather hoping and expecting it was me who had made the error in downloading the 'old' instead of the new.

0 0 0

6. Re: Latest Map Update 2016/2017 - Not showing on MyAudi 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    78 Post(s)
    My (MyAudi) also only shows the 2016 maps, I guess the direct MMi download is more updated than the website.

0 0 0

7. Re: Latest Map Update 2016/2017 - Not showing on MyAudi 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)
    I did the same over the weekend... installed what I thought would be the 2016/2017 maps from MyAudi, and they hadn't been updated so ended up re-installing the 2016 version.

The car says 2016/2017 is available, but not doing a 12gb download on a 3gb data card

0 0 0

8. Re: Latest Map Update 2016/2017 - Not showing on MyAudi 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GrolschUK View Post
    The car says 2016/2017 is available, but not doing a 12gb download on a 3gb data card
    If Audi wanted to make in-car updates viable they would develop a system that creates a Delta for the map database - i.e. a package that only downloads the changes since the last download, which would be a small file. Forcing users to update the entire database is ridiculous.

0 0 0

9. Re: Latest Map Update 2016/2017 - Not showing on MyAudi 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wildbore View Post
    If Audi wanted to make in-car updates viable they would develop a system that creates a Delta for the map database - i.e. a package that only downloads the changes since the last download, which would be a small file. Forcing users to update the entire database is ridiculous.
    I assume they don't use a Delta, I've not wanted to attempt the car download, as the files downloaded from MyAudi are huge, and that is the same update path?
    2015 (FL) A6 Avant BE 2.0 Ultra S-Tronic in Daytona - 19" Wheels (makes it £30 VED), Tech Pack, Parking Pack, Matrix Lights, Storage Pack, Advanced Key, and maybe some other things I can't remember

0 0 0

10. Re: Latest Map Update 2016/2017 - Not showing on MyAudi 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yep same here - I've got an A6 (2016) and it's also telling me there is an update available "in car" but nothing showing on the website... good to know I'm not alone

0 0 0

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast