1. EA189 software update 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Can anyone who has had this update applied to their 2.0tdi advise me as to whether there was any noticeable change in performance or economy?

My car is going in tomorrow for a service and the dealer called today to advise that the software update is now available and they will apply it while the car is in.

Any info would be appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    My Daily: A6 C7 2.0 TDI SE, Phantom Black, Privacy Glass, Advanced Key, Colour DIS, DAB, 4 Zone Climate, Heated Seats, 4 Way Lumbar, Pre-sense Basic, Parking System Plus, Folding/heated Mirrors, Bi-Xenons, Rear Side Airbags, AMI, Lighting Pack, Storage Pack.
    My Baby: 1995 Corrado 2.9 VR6 Storm, Mystic Blue Heated Leather
    Performance figures measured by Stealth: 207.7 BHP | 197.3 lbs/ft |

0 0 0

2. Re: EA189 software update 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    Big thread on the subject;

Ouch - VW/Audi in the US of A

I had my CGLC 177 done and so far have not noticed any differences between post and pre update.

On my 50 mile drive home, I can't feel any difference in how the car drives compared to pre-update.

1 0 0

3. Re: EA189 software update 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Big thread on the subject;

Ouch - VW/Audi in the US of A

I had my CGLC 177 done and so far have not noticed any differences between post and pre update.
    Thanks for the heads up Chris.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    My Daily: A6 C7 2.0 TDI SE, Phantom Black, Privacy Glass, Advanced Key, Colour DIS, DAB, 4 Zone Climate, Heated Seats, 4 Way Lumbar, Pre-sense Basic, Parking System Plus, Folding/heated Mirrors, Bi-Xenons, Rear Side Airbags, AMI, Lighting Pack, Storage Pack.
    My Baby: 1995 Corrado 2.9 VR6 Storm, Mystic Blue Heated Leather
    Performance figures measured by Stealth: 207.7 BHP | 197.3 lbs/ft |

0 0 0

4. Re: EA189 software update 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have found the car to run smoother with no drop off in performance but it does seem to have lost 10% on economy however its driven, mines a 177 A4 quattro

0 0 0

5. Re: EA189 software update 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I had mine done on the 10th August and have noticed a drop in torque at lower revs. Find I now have to change up a gear to accelerate in situations where previously it could manage well enough. For example there is a stretch of road close to where i work that goes from 30 to 40mph as well as going into a slight incline and i now have to change up to 3rd gear from 4th to increase to 40mph when in the past this could have been done smoothly and easily enough staying in 4th. I have reported it to Warrington Audi who have replied that no one else has reported the same issue and they will get back to me about it!
    My advice - don't get it done!

I have a 2015 A4 177 Black edition plus

0 0 0

6. Re: EA189 software update 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Well I got mine done so that I would have its future covered, as it is its standard and updated, I was always going to get it remapped anyway and I was unsure how the update would effect its future, so I took the view that if someone wants a car thats morally legal, then mine is that, but if they want one that goes faster and does more MPG, then mine does that also, or will do when I decide who is going to get the work.

I'm not going to get embroiled in the social selfishness of making a car more polluting, I worked in Transport policy for a number of years and I have a different perspective on a few things.

The issue of wanting something for nothing is an interesting one, we are surrounded by the blame culture and our litigation system lives of this, we are all victims of the BOGOFF culture as well, so its very tempting to get on a high horse that fits your particular world view then completely contradict yourself by avoiding you civic responsibility somewhere else down the line, so none of us are saints are we?

I am of the view that the motor industry is its own worst enemy, its built itself on misinformation, sucking of teeth and profiteering. Its not a benevolent industry that puts the welfare of its customers first, it exploits peoples ignorance and dieselgate is precisely one of those episodes, that people should take opportunity to claw something back from the industry that this forum routinely calls "********" is I think only to be expected. Audi produce great cars in the main, but they also have a great history of perpetuating faults, often blaming the end user and even in this instance they are more bothered that they got caught. For those of us sucked in by the hype floating around in our cynically engineered, glacially updated and compromised prides and joys, maybe, just maybe, getting something for nothing is just what we need?

0 0 0

7. Re: EA189 software update 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bearxxv View Post
    I had mine done on the 10th August and have noticed a drop in torque at lower revs. Find I now have to change up a gear to accelerate in situations where previously it could manage well enough. For example there is a stretch of road close to where i work that goes from 30 to 40mph as well as going into a slight incline and i now have to change up to 3rd gear from 4th to increase to 40mph when in the past this could have been done smoothly and easily enough staying in 4th. I have reported it to Warrington Audi who have replied that no one else has reported the same issue and they will get back to me about it!
    My advice - don't get it done!

I have a 2015 A4 177 Black edition plus
    I have the same as you with my a3

0 0 0

8. Re: EA189 software update 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Got a call today from Audi, Mines going back in to see if they have "missed" something after my mail to Audi customer services and follow up to their reply. They of course say the update has passed all the relevant tests, which I replied, what like the original emmissions tests that you cheated on?
    Gonna have my car read for codes before it goes in, not that I don't trust them....but I don't, its just been serviced (properly set up independent) but last week the engine management light came on, went into limp mode, sorted itself out after a re-start, just after extreme acceleration and fresh diesel? hasn't happened again.
    16th november, we shall see, they have booked it in for two days in case it needs any unrelated repairs (really?) which would be at my cost (hence getting it looked at beforehand) and a courtesy car.

0 0 0

9. Re: EA189 software update 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Uxter View Post
    Got a call today from Audi, Mines going back in to see if they have "missed" something after my mail to Audi customer services and follow up to their reply. They of course say the update has passed all the relevant tests, which I replied, what like the original emmissions tests that you cheated on?
    Gonna have my car read for codes before it goes in, not that I don't trust them....but I don't, its just been serviced (properly set up independent) but last week the engine management light came on, went into limp mode, sorted itself out after a re-start, just after extreme acceleration and fresh diesel? hasn't happened again.
    16th november, we shall see, they have booked it in for two days in case it needs any unrelated repairs (really?) which would be at my cost (hence getting it looked at beforehand) and a courtesy car.
    I reason I have come on the site is my car went in to limp mode have been told buy the rac there was a code saying : ENGINE SYSTEM DIAGNOSTIC & INFORMATION Name: CFFB - TDI-CR - 2.0L - 103 (140) DTC: P040300,Exhaust gas recirculation control circuit that is what made it go in to limp mode

0 0 0

10. Re: EA189 software update 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Well its been a while since I posted, I seem to have ploughed a familiar furrow, had it done, ended up with worse mpg and a broken EGR, it went back in for a check and they implemented another software "update" connected to the air conditioning without my consent, mpg is the same however torque and throttle response are much improved with this "air con" fix, they rather patronisingly told me the mpg on their test route was as expected. I have a feeling I am being duped. I am building on the available evidence before going back to them, but it seems I am not alone.

0 0 0