1. new top gear 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    watched a few minutes, found it really boring.. evans is just annoying, the yank is just sad and boring and i didnt even see the other presenter, that german bird isnt it ? wont be watching it next week. well done bbc. 0/10
    Audi 80 tdi avant with 360,000 miles...

0 0 0

2. Re: new top gear 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    I was definitely looking forward to The Grand Tour a lot more, but I was prepared to give the new TG a fair shake.

Shouty McShoutface (Evans) just seems too forced and awkward. Sabine was her usual chirpy (genuine) self, but I don’t think there is enough depth to her for an appearance every week. Matt was OK, but there is zero chemistry between him and Evans. I watched the whole hour, but lost interest toward the end and to think they called the old TG scripted! Also, a total waste of Chris Harris by relegating him to Extra and it was probably better than the main programme.

Early days though, especially when I think back to the first season of the revamped (pre May) proper Top Gear, but I can’t help thinking from the themes and presenters that the BBC care more about the profitable US/Worldwide market and have accepted a loss in the UK.

0 2 0

3. Re: new top gear 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    109 Post(s)
    I thought it weak, forced and totally lacking of any real entertainment value. Evans was awful I'm afraid, not going to waste any more of my time watching. Shame really, another good show totally buggered.
    Last edited by Whippy53; 30-05-2016 at 12:40 PM.
    Quote "My tuner told me after he fitted the box that 0-60 should be around 2.6 seconds! "

0 1 0

4. Re: new top gear 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Second that felt forced. But probably being too critical. Can't wait for gt!

0 1 0

5. Re: new top gear 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    Early days but it did feel a bit stilted. I think Matt Le Blanc could be the best thing about the show... Potentially
    VW Passat GT 4 Motion 2.0 BiTdi, '16MY in Midnight Blue, keyless entry, memory seats, active info display and Discover Nav Pro
    Audi A7 20MY Vorsprung 3.0tdi in Daytona grey, with optional rear cup holders! (Previously A7 16my S Line)

0 0 0

6. Re: new top gear 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Watch some of the early episodes of the old-New Top Gear (c2002) and you'll see it was similarly stilted and awkward.

The promise of a new show seem forgotten, it's the same old stuff - that's why it feels wrong. I enjoyed it though, Evans' shouting aside.

I was really looking forward to seeing Monkey feature but he appears to have been relegated to BBC3 online? Slightly disappointed with that.

Considering selling my VCDS KEY-USB interface. If you're interested please contact me via PM or email.

0 0 0

7. Re: new top gear 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    Well no improvement at all this week IMHO.

The challenges were once again ripped off from the previous show and I’m really starting to hate the studio segments. Even Matt who seems quite natural on the tests/challenges was really quite awkward live(ish).

The most annoying thing this week though was the Evans sob story. I lost a bit of respect for Clarkson when he wrote the piece about the terrible time he had been having prior to the “fracas”. That pales into insignificance when Evans gate-crashed the more popular Extra Gear to plead for viewers to believe how much of a petrol head he is. Shedding some tears and letting us know how much he loves his mum… he just doesn’t get it at all… truly pathetic.

I also hope they cut the interview times down as it’s far too dependent of whether you like the guest(s). It’s really bad when the best part of both shows was Chris Harris explaining why he wasn’t appearing this week and gave us a quick walkthrough of his P4/5C.

0 2 0

8. Re: new top gear 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)
    To be honest I don't mind it. It is what it is.

It will never be the same, never be as it was and the presenters will never have the bond the last lot did. At the end of the day it's a car show with a bit of humour and some terrible acting. I don't mind it and there is not much else to watch at that time on a Sunday so it wins

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Audi A7, S-line, 313 PS BiTDI Tiptronic, Daytona Grey, heated front and rear seats, Audi connect, quad zone climate control, ski chute and bag, Rear tints, 75 Litre fuel tank, All LED headlights, Night vision assistant, Rear view camera with corner view, Navigation plus, MMI touch, Heads up display, Adaptive Cruise control, Blind spot monitoring and active lane assist. Audi A5 (wifes) My Kit car blog - http://mitchsgbszero.blogspot.co.uk

0 2 0

9. Re: new top gear 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    109 Post(s)
    Songs of praise?
    Quote "My tuner told me after he fitted the box that 0-60 should be around 2.6 seconds! "

0 2 0

10. Re: new top gear 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    I’m probably being too harsh because I liked the old show. If The Grand Tour wasn’t happening I might be even more unreasonable.

Before the reboot I genuinely wasn’t bothered by Evans either way even though he seems to be Marmite for others. It’s just that I was hoping for something different… a little bit of innovation.

Anyway, let’s see where the viewing figures are when it’s competing with the Euros next week. Oh wait, Songs of Praise has been bumped from the schedule… I will be writing to my MP about this

0 2 0

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast