1. 2.0 TDI no start, audi a6 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hello. I hope there is someone who can help me. I have an audi a6 2.0 common rail no starter. I start from the beginning with the issue. I changed the fuel filter and didn't prime the system and high pressure pump ran dry. Managed to start the engine after a few tries but knocking sound occured from fuel metering valve when revving the engine. I removed/ cleaned the valve and after this car wont fire up anymore. Fuel pressure low. Tried another valve, nothing. Ok, then i thought that maybe i messed up the high pressure pump and it sent metal pieces to injectors. Ordered new pump, 4 injectors and rail with sensors. Coded new injectors. Installed them with new high pressure pump and rail. Primed system like 8 times before starting, still same. No start and low fuel pressure(8000-9500 kpa). Tried to start with starting fluid, nothing. In tank pump and aux pump give 3,8 bar to high pressure pump, is it enough? Does fuel metering valve and fuel pressure regulator need to be adapted to ecu when changed? Im totally lost here..

0 0 0

2. Re: 2.0 TDI no start, audi a6 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    67 Post(s)
    This youtube video is well worth watching.
    VW 2.0TDI Common Rail Fuel Filter And Fuel Pressure Specs - YouTube
    From about 20 mins in ( the first 20 mins shows how to change the fuel filter ) it shows a diagram of the complete fuel system & states the minimum pressure delivered to the HPFP is 3.5 Bar, so you should be ok.
    But that is testing it after the fuel strainer, which obviously if blocked will cause a loss of pressure. ( Depends where you measured it )

The fact that it doesn't fire with starter fluid suggests either low compression, no air getting in ( check the throttle valve isn't stuck closed ) or that the EGR valve is stuck open.
    Temporarily blank off the EGR.

0 0 0

3. Re: 2.0 TDI no start, audi a6 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi, audi doesnt have filter strainer, vw does. It connects directly from fuel filter to hpfp with metal fuel line. Only thing between filter and high pressure pump is fuel temperature sensor but does this affect fuel pressure? EGR is blanked already by previous owner, so that shouldn't be the problem. Throttle valve wasnt stuck.

0 0 0

4. Re: 2.0 TDI no start, audi a6 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Tried with brake clean. Engine fires as long when i spray it into intake manifold. As i stop, it stalls. Fuel pressure is only about 1000kpa, should be atleast 250000 to ecu allow to fire injectors? Will post live data feed soon

0 0 0

5. Re: 2.0 TDI no start, audi a6 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    39 Post(s)
    Have you checked to see if metering valve is being pulsed by the ecu? I'd also try disconnecting the battery to see if a relearn helps

Also check wiring for the regulating valve on the rail

0 0 0