Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Bluetooth connection issues

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Bluetooth connection issues 
    chrisjerman Guest
    Having trouble with the bluetooth connection in my September 2015 car and wondering if any one else having similar . I spoke with Audi and they said there was no notifications on there system of the issue .
    It works fine if I was the last one in the car , however if my wife has driven it last and thus her phone connected last then when I go to use it it won't connect automatically and even when I go into connection manager and manually connect it, it still struggles . It will say it's connected and even put the signal bars up but greyed out and then it will drop the connection and ask you to connect a mobile phone ,sometimes it even goes as far as putting the signal bars up in white showing the strength of signal before dropping it . After two to three goes at connecting manually it will connect and stay connected although sometimes the only way is to reboot my phone (samsung s6). And even then it may only connect the phone and not the data , so back to connection manager to hook up data ( I do remote SIM access instead of separate SIM in the car).
    My phone connects fine in my Discovery and tractors but then again my wife's phone works fine in the Q7 , so I know what will happen , Audi will blame the phone and EE will blame the car !
    Any ideas ?

0 0 0

2. Re: Bluetooth connection issues 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    228 Post(s)
    Chris, is this on the new 4M Q7?
    Q7 272PS | ABT Tuned to 325PS / 680Nm | Tech Pack | Dyn Pack | Matrix | Pan Roof | Trailer | Drv+Pass Mem Seats | TV | NightV | BOSE | DVD Chger | Homelink | Soft Doors | Heat+Snd Ins Glass | Priv Glass | Heat W/Screen | Heat Steer Wheel | Adv Key | Elec Boot Cover | Elec Steer Column | Side Assist | Air Susp | Ambient Light | Heat+Fold Mirrors | Park Assist Pack | Adv TPMS | Load Fix Kit | Black Turbine Alloys | Matte Black Wrap | ABT Door Leds

0 0 0

3. Re: Bluetooth connection issues 
    chrisjerman Guest
    Yes

0 0 0

4. Re: Bluetooth connection issues 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    228 Post(s)
    Chris, thats a wierd one

I have my phone paired as the first phone (Samsung S6 Edge+) and my missus has hers as the second phone (another Android phone). When we are both in the car they both just connect

Under Connection Manager I have Data set to the SIM card in the glove box but I doubt that is related.

What software level are you running on your S6? I'm on Android 6.0.1 (MasrhMallow)... and I think my other half is on version 5 something (KitKat).

Perhaps:

1. Factory reset of entire MMI / Delete pairings from phones and start again?
    2. What software version is in your MMI? I'm on 0358 but I know some of the guys are on 0442.

Andy
    Q7 272PS | ABT Tuned to 325PS / 680Nm | Tech Pack | Dyn Pack | Matrix | Pan Roof | Trailer | Drv+Pass Mem Seats | TV | NightV | BOSE | DVD Chger | Homelink | Soft Doors | Heat+Snd Ins Glass | Priv Glass | Heat W/Screen | Heat Steer Wheel | Adv Key | Elec Boot Cover | Elec Steer Column | Side Assist | Air Susp | Ambient Light | Heat+Fold Mirrors | Park Assist Pack | Adv TPMS | Load Fix Kit | Black Turbine Alloys | Matte Black Wrap | ABT Door Leds

0 0 0

5. Re: Bluetooth connection issues 
    chrisjerman Guest
    I'm on 0358 too , but audi say no issues with Bluetooth on their system so I doubt they will put the later one on. My phone is on 5.1.1 and all updates complete . Audi say to call in and they will check my settings. Already have my phone set as the priority phone. Didn't even connect today without my wife using the car . I used a separate sim with my old phone and had no issues but now as I have more data on handset I use remote sim access so I bet this is the issue

0 0 0

6. Re: Bluetooth connection issues 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    169 Post(s)
    Did you try Andy's suggestion about deleting all the pairing info off both car and phone. Had issues with BMW which this has fixed.
    Former Q7 owner

0 0 0

7. Re: Bluetooth connection issues 
    chrisjerman Guest
    Yes did that a few weeks ago . It works for that first connection but then back to same old tricks

0 0 0

8. Re: Bluetooth connection issues 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    39 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisjerman View Post
    Yes did that a few weeks ago . It works for that first connection but then back to same old tricks

Reset MMI, to rule out MMI , more than likely clashing bluetooth software, ask audi for update if poss, failing that .. back to the phone Root or not .. not going to be a straightforward one unfortunately...

0 0 0

9. Re: Bluetooth connection issues 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    39 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by satyp View Post
    Reset MMI, to rule out MMI , more than likely clashing bluetooth software, ask audi for update if poss, failing that .. back to the phone Root or not .. not going to be a straightforward one unfortunately...

Sorry just read the rest of the thread.. I take most common options already mentioned.. sorry

0 0 0

10. Re: Bluetooth connection issues 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    228 Post(s)
    Not ideal, but hard/factory reset your phone?

0 1 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast