Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Retom View Post
    As far as I know ACC is not available in some countries. You have to test it in other country. The only question is if this is not available due to the current location of the car or due to the specific software settings related to the market for which the car was manufactured.
    Thank you for the answer. ACC + TSR is working fine, it seems that the connection is refused - which can't be a country dependent thing. The predictive ACC which relies on the MAP data could be, as these information are probably missing from the country database. But the DIS warning message in both cases too strange to be correct this way. I think I will look for the other options too
    Audi Q7/4M MY2016, 3.0 TDI/200 KW Quattro

0 0 0

2. Re: 4M finds. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AT. View Post
    Thank you for the answer. ACC + TSR is working fine, it seems that the connection is refused - which can't be a country dependent thing. The predictive ACC which relies on the MAP data could be, as these information are probably missing from the country database. But the DIS warning message in both cases too strange to be correct this way. I think I will look for the other options too
    Yes, of course I meant predictive ACC (PCC). Let us know when you solve this problem> Good luck!

0 1 0

3. Re: 4M finds. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Retom View Post
    Yes, of course I meant predictive ACC (PCC). Let us know when you solve this problem> Good luck!
    Two little things here

So I played a little more with my toy, and I found two interesting things: If my iPhone connects via the cable, and I use Apple Carplay then the phone's usual screenshot will take the screenshot: From the MMI screeen!

Screenshot 2020-08-12 at 16.04.11 (1).jpg

It could be useful.

The other thing was a frightening one. I found a setting in the OBD menu:

Screenshot 2020-08-12 at 16.04.11.jpg

When I set the "congestion pilot" (honestly I don't know what it is), the MMI showd the message: "Traffic jam assistant is unavailable, read the manual". First I was not afraid, disabled this option, but... nothing changed. Restarted the unit, rescanned the car, and I found at least seven error messages, most of them were in red. Tried to clear them, the unit told "OK" with a big green sign, but... the error messages remained there! Tried the usual "Windows method", the hard reset, turn on/turn off - nothing solved my pain.

So - for the very first time - I figured out the "reset" option in the OBD menu.

Tried the "soft", the "hard" - both of these were rejected. However the "Soft with MMI on" WORKED, and after resetting all the corrupted areas, in a specific order I was able to clear the faults one by one, and now the car is error free, and the warning message disappeared.

At that time I fealt, it's time to relax, and keep it as is, while I figured out, that not only this message disappeared, but the country related too. For the next time I will drive, I will check what I did. Will get back you with the updates!

0 0 0

4. Re: 4M finds. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    113 Post(s)
    Unfortunately after a short drive, at the very first time a speed limit was received from the NAV - the warning message came up again. So currently it seems to me, that the TSR and the speed based predictive assistant are connected, so these can be activatad only together and it's not possible to activate them independently.

0 0 0

5. Re: 4M finds. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    113 Post(s)
    I have a question: Is there an existing method, or a way to add a "shortcut" to enter the Apple Carplay menu directly?

0 0 0

6. Re: 4M finds. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    183 Post(s)
    I have a question: Is there an existing method, or a way to add a "shortcut" to enter the Apple Carplay menu directly?
    Do you mean the menu come up as soon as you start the car etc? Mine comes on automatically as soon as the phone is connected up

0 1 0

7. Re: 4M finds. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    113 Post(s)
    Yes, this happens in my case too. However if I select something else, for example the MMI-NAV, then I can't have a button to enter the Carplay, and I have to go to the CAR, scroll down to the Carplay, and then I can enter the menu again. IMHO a dedicated or even a programable button could be useful. However, if I saw well, then nor the "*" on the wheel, neither the "1-8" touchpad buttons could do this trick.

0 1 0

8. Re: 4M finds. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    183 Post(s)
    Yes, this happens in my case too. However if I select something else, for example the MMI-NAV, then I can't have a button to enter the Carplay, and I have to go to the CAR, scroll down to the Carplay, and then I can enter the menu again. IMHO a dedicated or even a programable button could be useful. However, if I saw well, then nor the "*" on the wheel, neither the "1-8" touchpad buttons could do this trick.
    Got you yes...much easier in the wife’s car. That also has has wireless CarPlay and is brilliant. There is a shortcut on the touchscreen menu to go in to CarPlay if you need to

0 1 0

9. Re: 4M finds. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    113 Post(s)
    I played a lot with the OBDeleven, and it seems I set something interesting, and as I don't remember how, so I can't disable it.

If I drive on a highway a message appears that "Speed limit 120 km/h exceeded" which I don't understand as the manual speed limit is higher (130 km/h is the maximum speed here), so I don't know what could it be. Do you have any idea what I did wrong?

0 0 0

10. Re: 4M finds. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    113 Post(s)
    So, I solved it This is a setting in OBDeleven:

OBD.jpg

So you can set a second static speed limit if you are interested in it.

0 0 0

Page 71 of 71 FirstFirst ... 2161697071