1. Re: 4M finds. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    39 Post(s)
    Arrh these topics are killing me... Now I got Advanced Key nagging me :-0.. Should I have ticked it or Was is just best I didn't ???.. lol.. I know it would save a lot of hassle for those times when you have opened the boot left the car key inside and the car is still set to Auto lock..

We have an iQ with keyless entry, however have found that if you are in the car, start the car, then step out for instance to go to the supermarket for instance, they wfe or person sat in the passenger car then get into to the drive seat and then move the car to park etc, meanwhile, I have still got the car key in my pocket whilst in the supermarket. obviously you can't start the car again if it stops but the only warning the iQ gives is an audible warning when you shut the door, presumably telling you that the engine is still on. I'm not sure if the engine cuts off at a certain distance either.

Does anyone or has anyone ever had anything similar on Audi cars with the "Advanced Key" option? I guess I'm trying to convince my mind to let go and think it's okay for not having picked it :-0 ????

Let's hope the Audi system is tight

Is that or looking into Retrofit/Aftermarket Audi Advanced if it doesn't' void warranty and affect insurance etc

0 0 0

2. Re: 4M finds. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    228 Post(s)
    It comes up saying key is not in vehicle if it's in your pocket and you leave the car with the engine running. It's very noticeable on the dash and a warning tone. You also get the electric luggage compartment with advanced key so when you open and shut the boot the luggage cover goes up and down so its out the way to load stuff into the boot.
    Q7 272PS | ABT Tuned to 325PS / 680Nm | Tech Pack | Dyn Pack | Matrix | Pan Roof | Trailer | Drv+Pass Mem Seats | TV | NightV | BOSE | DVD Chger | Homelink | Soft Doors | Heat+Snd Ins Glass | Priv Glass | Heat W/Screen | Heat Steer Wheel | Adv Key | Elec Boot Cover | Elec Steer Column | Side Assist | Air Susp | Ambient Light | Heat+Fold Mirrors | Park Assist Pack | Adv TPMS | Load Fix Kit | Black Turbine Alloys | Matte Black Wrap | ABT Door Leds

0 1 0

3. Re: 4M finds. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    169 Post(s)
    I think that button disables the anti tow away alarm / motion detection. I have it but not sure if it's only with advanced key?
    Former Q7 owner

0 0 0

4. Re: 4M finds. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    183 Post(s)
    Sat...don't worry re no advanced key! There's so much everything in the car that the key is nothing to worry about

0 1 0

5. Re: 4M finds. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    A further question to the advanced key issue: I have it on mine and had it in the 4L too. And I've always wondered, what happens to the car if you left it running and went into the house and while you were away, someone drove it away? Would they engine stay running as long as the theif didn't didn't turn it off? Is their a cut out time or distance from the key that would trigger an engine cut-off or immobiliser activation?

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

0 0 0

6. Re: 4M finds. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    183 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Q7newbie View Post
    A further question to the advanced key issue: I have it on mine and had it in the 4L too. And I've always wondered, what happens to the car if you left it running and went into the house and while you were away, someone drove it away? Would they engine stay running as long as the theif didn't didn't turn it off? Is their a cut out time or distance from the key that would trigger an engine cut-off or immobiliser activation?

My understanding is that you can keep on driving as long as you'd like to...car will show up 'key not in car'. But as soon as you turn the car off then it won't restart without the key.

0 0 0

7. Re: 4M finds. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    228 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemo78 View Post
    My understanding is that you can keep on driving as long as you'd like to...car will show up 'key not in car'. But as soon as you turn the car off then it won't restart without the key.
    Nemo is spot on. That's exactly it
    Q7 272PS | ABT Tuned to 325PS / 680Nm | Tech Pack | Dyn Pack | Matrix | Pan Roof | Trailer | Drv+Pass Mem Seats | TV | NightV | BOSE | DVD Chger | Homelink | Soft Doors | Heat+Snd Ins Glass | Priv Glass | Heat W/Screen | Heat Steer Wheel | Adv Key | Elec Boot Cover | Elec Steer Column | Side Assist | Air Susp | Ambient Light | Heat+Fold Mirrors | Park Assist Pack | Adv TPMS | Load Fix Kit | Black Turbine Alloys | Matte Black Wrap | ABT Door Leds

0 0 0

8. Re: 4M finds. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    That's pants. Not very security friendly

0 0 0

9. Re: 4M finds. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    183 Post(s)
    A friend had a 5 series and I remember we stopped off at Starbucks - coming back to the car about 30mins later we both said to each other was the car started still...could see the exhaust vapour / gases...all it would've needed was entry into car for someone and a new 5 was theirs...

0 0 0

10. Re: 4M finds. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    228 Post(s)
    My 2010 A5 Cabriolet had audi advanced key. Exactly same setup. So it hasn't changed in a while...

0 1 0

Page 3 of 71 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast