Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Re: AUDI CONNECT, MMI CONNECT APP and INFOTAINMENT embedded e-Sim features/support from MY17 2016 ORDERS - Update

1. Re: AUDI CONNECT, MMI CONNECT APP and INFOTAINMENT embedded e-Sim features/support from MY17 2016 ORDERS - Update 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    39 Post(s)

Hi Folks

Re: AUDI CONNECT, MMI CONNECT APP and INFOTAINMENT embedded e-Sim features/support from MY17 2016 ORDERS - Update

Thought I'd share this for those receiving or about to receive their MY17 Audi Q7/A4 orders

For those still receiving their new CARS This pertain to the MY17 A4 & Q7 models as far as I can understand

(See Paragraph)
    'In just a few months, the Audi connect SIM will be available for the new A4 and Q7 models in European markets. It is a permanently installed embedded SIM (e-SIM) that automatically brings Audi connect services into the car across Europe and does not require that the driver perform an activation procedure.
    It permits EU-wide roaming, because the SIM card can be automatically set to specific country providers as necessary. This eliminates country-specific roaming fees and annoying roaming confirmations.'

There appears to be options for purchase of EUROPE-WIDE data sims (Hopefully Competitive & Non expiring PAYG) as well remote car features via the MMI connect APP for the MY17 orders for UNLOCK status etc - LETS SEE what we really end up it though!!

Enjoy & All the Best :-)

0 0 0

2. Re: AUDI CONNECT, MMI CONNECT APP and INFOTAINMENT embedded e-Sim features/support from MY17 2016 ORDERS - Update 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    That's not good. I'm glad I just got MY16 in time so I can put my own 4G prepaid sim in. 6gb data for 3 months sorted and not governed but what ever charges are going to be associated with the integrated SIM.

However if they improve the audi Connect control features on the app that will be a bonus. But the fine print in the user manual does say that the lock/unlock and other features are still in development and will follow, so I'm confident that Audi will update this even for MY16 users when the feature becomes available.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    2012 Audi A7 SE, Midnight Blue, MMI Plus with touch, Adaptive Cruise Control, Lane Assist, Blind Spot Monitoring, Head Up Display, Audi Pre-Sense, 2wd 8 speed.

0 2 0

3. Re: AUDI CONNECT, MMI CONNECT APP and INFOTAINMENT embedded e-Sim features/support from MY17 2016 ORDERS - Update 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    39 Post(s)
    This is true @skippy73, ...

& I`m sure services will be extended to the entire fleet but I'm guessing that will come with some hassle when it should be straightforward, dealerships at times have a way of sending ppl through a few hoops before any actual updates

Data SIM is still required, I gather the e-Sim facilitates the emergency e-call EU requirement now plus possibly some M2M data like car to x tech etc, I think the embedded SIM is variant of a normal SIM optimised for m2m vehicle data services or the like..

Sent from my LG-H961N using Tapatalk

0 1 0

4. Re: AUDI CONNECT, MMI CONNECT APP and INFOTAINMENT embedded e-Sim features/support from MY17 2016 ORDERS - Update 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    39 Post(s)
    I've also ordered the three 12gb/12month for 25pounds that I hope to use for the 1st 12gb or 12months atleast to see how it all works etc

Sent from my LG-H961N using Tapatalk

0 1 0