1. Advice please for pending new A6 Avant Order 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi everyone, new to the forum and cannot believe how much useful information is posted here. I'm about to place an order for a new A6 Avant and just wanted reassurance really regarding my specification choices and any constructive comments will be appreciated! Private purchase and will probably keep at lest 5-6 years, average about 12,000-14000 miles a year. I know everyone is different but anyway my spec is as follows:

A6 Avant 2.0TDI Ultra S Line S-Tronic, Daytona Grey, black leather etc.
    Options:
    Tech Pack
    Lighting Pack
    Privacy Glass
    Electric folding mirrors (now standard)
    Heated front seats (now standard)
    Convenience pack.

Cannot really justify, afford more unless convinced otherwise!

• I did consider the new 2.0 Quarto just available but not sure if worth the extra £1500 really though would choose that over the BE edition?
    • Like the look of the BE version but would be paying extra for sound system (not really bothered) and having test driven one I found the ride a little too firm on the 20" wheels to be honest so happy with the 18" on S Line.
    • Has anyone specified the SE suspension on the S Line out of interest, many motoring journals suggest this, wondering if that with 19" wheels would be good compromise (ride and looks)?
    • Has anyone chosen the convenience pack (now reduced in price), I need the ski hatch for projector screen equipment I use. Screen blinds and privacy glass seems overkill but I do need the privacy glass and hatch, all or nothing apparently.

Many thanks in advance and if I have missed something essential or wasting my cash on something please say so. Sam

0 1 0

2. Re: Advice please for pending new A6 Avant Order 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    109 Post(s)
    Hope you're using the finance plan to gain discounts. Nice spec, I might have been tempted by the parking pack but just to get the reversing cam. Enjoy!
    Quote "My tuner told me after he fitted the box that 0-60 should be around 2.6 seconds! "

0 0 0

3. Re: Advice please for pending new A6 Avant Order 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Whippy made a good point about the finance plan through a broker site. After I discovered the brokers I could add a few more options that seemed a bit too pricey when I was looking at the list price of vehicles.

0 0 0

4. Re: Advice please for pending new A6 Avant Order 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I just picked up a new A6 Avant 3 weeks ago....

I went for the SE Ultra model - decided against the S-line as the difference covered me for the extras I really wanted... i.e. things inside the car that matters rather than wheels / slight front end difference.... so if your pushed for ££ maybe think about the SE so that you get what you want.

One of my options is the Lighting Pack (amongst privacy glass / towbar) - looks cool during the night, but in reality if your not driving through the night - I would drop it ... or add it as your last option really.

Privacy Glass I am impressed with, car looks good from the outside and from the inside you cant really tell there is a 'film' on the window. Otherwise in my opinion - the A6 Avant looks like a car-greenhouse !

Also take a look at carwow website ... I managed to hit 18%+ off the list price. Car wow act as a broker, however once you agree a price with an Audi dealership through them, everything is handled directly with the Audi dealership.

And as people say if you go with Audi finance, you also gain the Audi deposit contribution and then pay off the finance a few days later yourself !

0 0 0

5. Re: Advice please for pending new A6 Avant Order 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)
    Great spec, and my thoughts on your options

Tech Pack = Yes! the larger screen and online connectivity is great.
    Lighting Pack = having not put this on mine, I kind of wish I had... has to be the more expensive one to get the LED lights, and people without seem to suggest they would make the difference.
    Privacy Glass = Came as standard with BE, not sure if the tint contributes to me missing the interior lighting as it is really dark at night.
    Folding Mirrors = handy, look smart, but don't seem that much narrower that when out.
    Heated Front Seats = Tried to add this at the last moment, but they wouldn't let me - have not really missed over the winter.
    Convenience Pack = We took it for the extra 12v sockets and cup holders for the rear passengers. Not really used the hatch, but the rail kit is useful. Blinds are next to useless with the privacy glass, but could help if you really want to stop people peering in.

Reversing camera is handy in the parking pack, and the self parking is an annoying novelty.
    Suspension/Wheels - I stayed with the standard s-line suspension, but dropped to the 19" wheels, ride seems fine for me, but I don't mind a firmish ride.
    Matrix Lights - love them, but quite a lot extra to budget for

If you are considering 19's, why not go for the BE for the looks and get the BOSE thrown in for almost nowt?
    Prices before a broker gets hold of them are seem to be...
    S-Line 18" -> 19" £1050
    Privacy Glass £390
    Black Styling £625

BE - £2225?

I do quite like the new Green colour that has been added, although not sure what it would be like in the flesh.

Quattro wasn't an option when I ordered mine, and not sure the extra it would bring to the 2.0 would outweigh the VED and Economy loss that the Ultra engine is all about achieving.
    2015 (FL) A6 Avant BE 2.0 Ultra S-Tronic in Daytona - 19" Wheels (makes it £30 VED), Tech Pack, Parking Pack, Matrix Lights, Storage Pack, Advanced Key, and maybe some other things I can't remember

0 0 0

6. Re: Advice please for pending new A6 Avant Order 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GrolschUK View Post

I do quite like the new Green colour that has been added, although not sure what it would be like in the flesh.
    If it's anything like the old deep green pearl it will look black most of the time and only green in direct sunlight
    2015 Audi A6 2.0 TDi Ultra Black Edition Saloon - Ibis White - Lunar Silver - S-Line Sports Suspension - RS6 Wheels

0 0 0