1. A4 2L 20v ALT tuning options 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi, so have some questions that I can't find the awnser on good old Google..

So I have two options on my build. Swop the 2L for a 1.8t or tune the 2l and wack a turbo on it...

But! What are the differences between an ALT engine and a APX engine other than the capacity. Do they share the same block number of 06A?

Also would a 06A block mount longitudinal?

What benefits would I have from a 2l opposed to a 1.8?

0 0 0

2. Re: A4 2L 20v ALT tuning options 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    The ALT is an EA113 which is a derivative of the EA827 and the block is an 06B but I would not convert to a 1.8T for the simple reason you can buy one off the shelf for a fraction of what it would cost to build one. A 2litre turbo would have the advantage of better low end torque.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

3. Re: A4 2L 20v ALT tuning options 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
    The ALT is an EA113 which is a derivative of the EA827 and the block is an 06B but I would not convert to a 1.8T for the simple reason you can buy one off the shelf for a fraction of what it would cost to build one. A 2litre turbo would have the advantage of better low end torque.
    Ok cool. Does anyone know what power the 2l crank will hold?

Also are the pistols made of the same material as the 1.8t?

So to turbo the 2l what will I need to replace. Just rods? Looking to make 350bhp?

Of other stuff I will need externally?

0 0 0

4. Re: A4 2L 20v ALT tuning options 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    I use those cranks (06A 105 021 AR/BP) in 2 litre 1.8T conversions and I one did last year is supposed to be giving 450 PS ish but at very high levels of boost your problems would come from main cap movement and so a thick billet steel ladder frame would be desirable to replace the flimsy tin plate one and heavy duty 12.9 cap bolts would be a must, APR studs even better. Use some steel H beam rods which plenty of companies sell but pistons are going to need to be forged custom low compression such as Arias, Wössener, Wiseco etc. Integrated Engineering in the US would be able to help you with rods and boost ready pistons.

Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

5. A4 2L 20v ALT tuning options 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
    I use those cranks (06A 105 021 AR/BP) in 2 litre 1.8T conversions and I one did last year is supposed to be giving 450 PS ish but at very high levels of boost your problems would come from main cap movement and so a thick billet steel ladder frame would be desirable to replace the flimsy tin plate one and heavy duty 12.9 cap bolts would be a must, APR studs even better. Use some steel H beam rods which plenty of companies sell but pistons are going to need to be forged custom low compression such as Arias, Wössener, Wiseco etc. Integrated Engineering in the US would be able to help you with rods and boost ready pistons.

Cool to turboing the 2l is possible if the crank is good for that.

So for the build I need some rods and lower cop Pistons then bolt on the turbo?

What kind of compression is what I should run as its 10.3:1 on the 3l stock

0 0 0