Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Shortcut for swapping between bonded mobiles?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Shortcut for swapping between bonded mobiles? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Does anybody know if there is a quick way to switch between Bluetooth bonded mobile phones? I know this is a bit of a first world problem but I have a work phone and private phone and can't find a quick way to swap between the two of them?

Any advice appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 0 0

2. Re: Shortcut for swapping between bonded mobiles? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    235 Post(s)
    Turn Bluetooth off on the one you want to use
    On the fl mmi plus with the latest updates it's quite easy to do but you didn't mention what setup you have.

0 0 0

3. Re: Shortcut for swapping between bonded mobiles? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks A6S , I have a fairly standard 2015 FL s-line , didn't go for any mmi upgrades so it's whatever version comes as std

0 0 0

4. Re: Shortcut for swapping between bonded mobiles? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by A6S View Post
    On the fl mmi plus with the latest updates it's quite easy to do but you didn't mention what setup you have.
    Well, but do you mean the FL as the FL'ed FL, or the FL of the FLs, or the past year's FL or the new years FL? I think, it could be useful to add the MY to the FL as now it's quite confused which FL is which one. So, what do you think, is it possible to add an update to my MY12 to use this service, or it is a privilage only for the FL-ed FL16 models?
    Audi Q7/4M MY2016, 3.0 TDI/200 KW Quattro

0 0 0

5. Re: Shortcut for swapping between bonded mobiles? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    You're scaring me

0 1 0

6. Re: Shortcut for swapping between bonded mobiles? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by andyb74 View Post
    You're scaring me
    Actually, this is just plagiarism, the original idea isn't mine
    Audi Q7/4M MY2016, 3.0 TDI/200 KW Quattro

0 0 0

7. Re: Shortcut for swapping between bonded mobiles? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    235 Post(s)
    The fl didn't get fl'd. It was a mid life update and mainly in the tech department. They are just flogging the CarPlay stuff as the next best thing since sliced bread.
    The pre had similar mid life with things like dab was standard and ami etc

0 0 0

8. Re: Shortcut for swapping between bonded mobiles? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    36 Post(s)
    Not sure about the FL MMI but on my 'old' MY2014 you can either go into (guesswork here) Tel - Settings - Bluetooth - Bonded Devices - and select the one you want to switch to which works most of the time OR you do as another poster noted and switch off Bluetooth on the device that you do not want to connect.

I have the exact same issue as you and (mostly) I want my personal phone to connect - iPhone 6 - and by default the last phone to connect wins. Switching to the work phone (Moto X) is easy 'cos on the iPhone I just wake up Siri and tell her to turn off Bluetooth (or turn it on). Sadly android on the Moto X is too darn stupid to allow me to control phone attributes - I can ask for an internet search - so I have to go long hand. I will (of course) get corrected on this as I've not managed to figure out the "intuitive" android voice recognition etc. Obviously iOS is for dummies ...or it's written to be accessible.
    A6 allroad BiTdi (MY14, July 2013 - DAB & power tailgate). Glacier white, tech pack (HDD Nav, colour DIS, Parking Plus), sports seats, 4 zone climate, heated seats front and rear, ambient lighting, 75L fuel tank, adaptive Bi Xenon headlights

0 0 0

9. Re: Shortcut for swapping between bonded mobiles? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks UKgroucho, good idea just to use Siri! I also have an android and iPhone. Same options on FL mmi to change over I just find it a pain. I am sure there is a simple reason why it won't but TBH don't understand why you can't have 2 phones actively bonded and whichever rings/or is used simply routes through the Bluetooth connection?

0 0 0

10. Re: Shortcut for swapping between bonded mobiles? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by andyb74 View Post
    Thanks UKgroucho, good idea just to use Siri! I also have an android and iPhone. Same options on FL mmi to change over I just find it a pain. I am sure there is a simple reason why it won't but TBH don't understand why you can't have 2 phones actively bonded and whichever rings/or is used simply routes through the Bluetooth connection?

You can with the latest software update.

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast