Notices

User Tag List

Thread: (EA6) & (EA9) Q7 New Audi 4/5 Warranties - Not required to buy before registration as per sales guy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Lightbulb (EA6) & (EA9) Q7 New Audi 4/5 Warranties - Not required to buy before registration as per sales guy 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    39 Post(s)
    Hi Folks

Anyone on here have any thoughts on whether or not - the 4/5 warranty options @£560/£1335 respectively on Audi Brochures NEED to be bought PRIOR to REGISTRATION of the vehicle as per the small print in all the brochures that says **only available before registration and is worth it if you intent to keep the car?

The sale guys rekons, I can just buy the extended warranty in 3 yrs time cheaper as Audi will call and offer it cheaper, I thought this option was was different to the "extended" warranty that Audi provide, which is more akin to that of 3rd extended warranty providers such as warrantywise etc

The Audi website also has a separate section NEW CAR WARRANTY & EXTENDED USED CAR WARRANTY . Would appreciate any insight or thoughts on this one.

Thanks in advance

0 0 0

2. Re: (EA6) & (EA9) Q7 New Audi 4/5 Warranties - Not required to buy before registration as per sales guy 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    My dealer said similar, plan to keep the car for a while so questioned the warranty. He said to me provided u do eveything with Audi in 4th year goodwill comes into play and most things will be free then come the 5th year most goodwill or a majority contribution to be paid for by audi like 70/30 split. So plan to leave it closer to the time and take a call if I have major issues by 3rd year will trade in if not I'll keep it and either get there extended warranty or take a risk with the goodwill (fingers crossed there won't be any issues)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 1 0

3. Re: (EA6) & (EA9) Q7 New Audi 4/5 Warranties - Not required to buy before registration as per sales guy 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    39 Post(s)
    So do you think the options that are (EA6/9) , basically the Audi options on the Audi Brochures and website that require purchase prior to registration of the vehicle (as per the **wording) are not dissimilar to the warranty extended and bought on a used vehicle.. ?

It's a twister ;-0,

I can't seem to understand why a manufacturer would offer it this way.. It`s never transparent ai..::

Thanks @papereyes nonetheless..

Rgds

Sent from my LG-H961N using Tapatalk

0 0 0

4. Re: (EA6) & (EA9) Q7 New Audi 4/5 Warranties - Not required to buy before registration as per sales guy 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi there,

I bought an extended warranty when my Q7 turned 3 years old in August 2015.

There is a link on the main Audi website for you to input your vehicle details and obtain a quote / buy the policy. I paid roughly £600 for a 1 year extended warranty in August 2015.

Looks like Audi have since put the cost up as the same cover for a 3 year old car is now roughly £1,200 for a years cover.

So in my view if you are definitely planning on keeping the car and want the continued peace of mind of a warranty then I'd buy the new car warranty now as it will cost you less. The figures I've quoted above are also based on a £100 excess per claim and max 15k miles per annum (you can changes these variables on the website to look at the difference it makes to the cost of purchasing the warranty).

Also if for some reason you change your mind and sell the care before the expiration of the warranty it should make the car easier to sell as any subsequent purchaser will have the peace of mind of the warranty.

Hope this helps.

0 1 0

5. Re: (EA6) & (EA9) Q7 New Audi 4/5 Warranties - Not required to buy before registration as per sales guy 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    39 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AudiQ7fan View Post
    Hi there,

I bought an extended warranty when my Q7 turned 3 years old in August 2015.

There is a link on the main Audi website for you to input your vehicle details and obtain a quote / buy the policy. I paid roughly £600 for a 1 year extended warranty in August 2015.

Looks like Audi have since put the cost up as the same cover for a 3 year old car is now roughly £1,200 for a years cover.

So in my view if you are definitely planning on keeping the car and want the continued peace of mind of a warranty then I'd buy the new car warranty now as it will cost you less. The figures I've quoted above are also based on a £100 excess per claim and max 15k miles per annum (you can changes these variables on the website to look at the difference it makes to the cost of purchasing the warranty).

Also if for some reason you change your mind and sell the care before the expiration of the warranty it should make the car easier to sell as any subsequent purchaser will have the peace of mind of the warranty.

Hope this helps.
    Great summation.. Thanks..

It's been a mind job for me, since the guy try to convince me otherwise.. I'm going stick with instinct and sink the 1335 for the extra 2 years

I guess the end game was to try to get me on GAP , Autoglym and the rest of it, which I deflected.

May yet consider GAP to protect as it`s financed..

0 0 0

6. (EA6) & (EA9) Q7 New Audi 4/5 Warranties - Not required to buy before registration as per sales guy 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    183 Post(s)
    I bought the EA6 and Infact have done so on previous 2 cars. With the one prior to that I did the extended warranty yearly.

In my view taking it now costs a little less, plus carries no excess etc.

The Audi extended warranty is (or was incase it's changed) is run by Audi Mondial. assistance. The warranty from what I could see is identical to standard new Audi warranty if you choose the comprehensive cover. You can even choose this based on mileage - again from memory the extended yearly is either up to 15k or unlimited.

You can then also choose your excess level ranging from £0 to I think £250 - the more you choose the lower the premium. I always chose £0 as that way never had to pay for any diagnostic work (but again I'm not sure if excess doesn't come in to play for diagnostics if that makes sense)

Mondial assurance normally send a letter a month before the 3yr warranty runs out - never received a phone call.

With the issues I've had on the Q I'm sure I've been unlucky but for me as I'm planning to keep the car a while and previous purchase of it, I'm glad I have it now.

Somewhere within the thread someone mentioned GAP. The dealer price for GAP quoted was just over £1k for return to invoice 3yrs - from memory it was discounted to something like £750-£800. I did some research in to it and there are many companies out there. I ended up for the first time ever choosing a different company I.e not doing through dealer. Again and most interestingly the underwriter is the same and both dealer and third party are defaqto 5 star rated. Paid £400 for a 5 year Replacement GAP.

Any q's feel free to ask away! Oh I did have to claim on the Mondial one and never an issue as dealership diagnose issue, call up the warranty dept and they say yes...easy peasy!

1 1 0

7. Re: (EA6) & (EA9) Q7 New Audi 4/5 Warranties - Not required to buy before registration as per sales guy 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    169 Post(s)
    I had a brief look at alternative GAP options a few weeks back and found it significantly cheaper. I think I only looked to cover the first 2 years but seems to be similar price to your 5 year cover !

Former Q7 owner

0 1 0

8. Re: (EA6) & (EA9) Q7 New Audi 4/5 Warranties - Not required to buy before registration as per sales guy 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    39 Post(s)
    Love this forum.. I spend hours talikng with the sales guy trying to get to the same point srbsq7 and nemo78 just said.. Why can't they say I just don't know..

In any case I'm going with EA9 on the new Q7 apparently now due in July. He's says I can't track it, quite sure I read on here somewhere I can

Anyone here no if I need to pay this EA9 1335 directly to the aftersales team before registration, the sales guy isn't sure.. I don't want to pay for it and then Audi can't tie to my vehicle in anyway.. Do I need to hold for paying for it until I get the registration and VIN etc?

With regards to GAP your spot on. nemo78.. Dude calls me to come in today and complete FCA deed so that they push me the GAP for 700 instead of 1000+ says they've contributed 100 towards the discount to. Tells me the broker company that I quote sent got to home hasn't got a huge turnover and can go bust anytime.. Altough it's FCA approved and backed by Ageas, not sure about defaqto rating.

I'm looking to get combined VRI replacement GAP as it's one up from the RTI that Audi were selling.

I used shortfall.co.uk and gapinsurance.co.uk recommended via the wife`s which membership as gapinsurance.co.uk let you set the maximum claim limit as high as the value of the car. One difference to that the Audi was these guys will only pay a max of 250 excess whereas Audi ones says its 750.. I will need to check the company behind the gapinsurance.co.uk. defaqto rating and claim ratio.. Somehow I don't think they will divulge the claim ratio thats easily.

Does anyone have any other sites I could check re the GAP before I take delivery.

Excuse the long banter but kid won't let me sleep at this hour :-0

Much appreciated

0 0 0

9. Re: (EA6) & (EA9) Q7 New Audi 4/5 Warranties - Not required to buy before registration as per sales guy 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    39 Post(s)

0 1 0

10. Re: (EA6) & (EA9) Q7 New Audi 4/5 Warranties - Not required to buy before registration as per sales guy 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    Satyp this forum kills me sometimes, you've now got me thinking about the extended warranty for my own peace of mind and sanity. The wife thinks I'm going crazy over the number of options I've added/removed etc..... For the insurance it's more around who underwrites it though isn't it? as that is who ur policy is ultimately with?

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast