Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Active Info Display - where's the trip odometer?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Re: Active Info Display - where's the trip odometer? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    You can't change the skin as such, but you can switch to classic view without anything in the dials. Personally I have the trip info shown on the dials and mine lives in navigation mode. I absolutely love it and it would definitely be on my list of options for any future VW purchase. Glancing down at the satnav is so much easier than on the Discover Pro screen, and the other options it shows are really nicely presented. It is a shame it doesn't show the map in the same way as on the Audis, but I guess they have to make the Audis a bit more special.
    Now: 2016 Passat SE Business Estate | V&C Pack | AID | DLA | TPMS
    Old: 2012 A4 Avant SE Technik | TDIe | Tech Pack High | Foldy Mirrors | TPMS | Heated Seats | Auto Hold

0 1 0

2. Re: Active Info Display - where's the trip odometer? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    29 Post(s)
    On my Passat using carista I can change the colours of the display. Must say I don't really notice the blue on mine, maybe that's more obvious on the gte, but there's a nice orange skin.
    Personally I like having speed in digits on the display. Not keen on the classic display but each time their own

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

0 0 0

3. Re: Active Info Display - where's the trip odometer? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by YawnGumbo View Post
    You can't change the skin as such, but you can switch to classic view without anything in the dials. Personally I have the trip info shown on the dials and mine lives in navigation mode. I absolutely love it and it would definitely be on my list of options for any future VW purchase. Glancing down at the satnav is so much easier than on the Discover Pro screen, and the other options it shows are really nicely presented. It is a shame it doesn't show the map in the same way as on the Audis, but I guess they have to make the Audis a bit more special.
    Well you lashed out on the Discover Pro, which while nice is, for someone like me, who does less than 6k miles/year, an expensive extra and which has also has dispensed with sensible knobs . I believe, however, you can show the satnav simultaneously on both the console and between the dials?
    2016 VW Golf MK7 Match Edition 1.4TSI 125ps 5dr in Reflex Silver.

0 0 0

4. Re: Active Info Display - where's the trip odometer? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HHGTTG View Post
    Well you lashed out on the Discover Pro, which while nice is, for someone like me, who does less than 6k miles/year, an expensive extra and which has also has dispensed with sensible knobs . I believe, however, you can show the satnav simultaneously on both the console and between the dials?
    So my Discover Pro has the same buttons as the standard unit, and was a prerequisite for the active info display. Also I do 30k a year so it was an easy option to select. Yes you can show satnav on both units, and I tend to as the AID display doesn't show you the next steps/instructions.
    Now: 2016 Passat SE Business Estate | V&C Pack | AID | DLA | TPMS
    Old: 2012 A4 Avant SE Technik | TDIe | Tech Pack High | Foldy Mirrors | TPMS | Heated Seats | Auto Hold

0 0 0

5. Re: Active Info Display - where's the trip odometer? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Ah, just realised this is not a New Golf thread! The latest Golf MK7.5's Discover Pro has no real knobs now only a bloody virtual up/down button for volume (a retrograde step)
    2016 VW Golf MK7 Match Edition 1.4TSI 125ps 5dr in Reflex Silver.

0 0 0

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12