1. Re: ABT Engine Remap for Q7 4M 3.0TDI 272PS 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    228 Post(s)
    I will put something together next week. Suffice to say it works and easily removable if required.
    Q7 272PS | ABT Tuned to 325PS / 680Nm | Tech Pack | Dyn Pack | Matrix | Pan Roof | Trailer | Drv+Pass Mem Seats | TV | NightV | BOSE | DVD Chger | Homelink | Soft Doors | Heat+Snd Ins Glass | Priv Glass | Heat W/Screen | Heat Steer Wheel | Adv Key | Elec Boot Cover | Elec Steer Column | Side Assist | Air Susp | Ambient Light | Heat+Fold Mirrors | Park Assist Pack | Adv TPMS | Load Fix Kit | Black Turbine Alloys | Matte Black Wrap | ABT Door Leds

0 1 0

2. Re: ABT Engine Remap for Q7 4M 3.0TDI 272PS 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    And what's the change in performance and functionality of the car like?

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

0 0 0

3. Re: ABT Engine Remap for Q7 4M 3.0TDI 272PS 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    I wasn't all that bothered to be honest with people's concerns over warranty issues. There's always a way around such if such a catastrophic problem ever arose with the car. And with most of us never keeping the car past 3 yrs, major mechanical failings aren't so common.

0 0 0

4. Re: ABT Engine Remap for Q7 4M 3.0TDI 272PS 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    228 Post(s)
    Hi Guys,

So just a little update. The honest answer is right now I havent given it the full time of day to see what the improvements are, but they are definitely noticeable.

A few things:

Its a completely separate wiring harness and "brain" (a plastic box to all intents and purposes). The kit came with the necessary wiring harnesses, mounting bracket for the 'brain', a little extension cable for one wire. That was about it. The system was programmed in advance of my arrival by Richter after I sent my car information to ABT in Germany. They then lock their system to my VIN (so it cant go in another car unless I want it too) and then upload the relevant software.

The Stock ECU if your wondering is in the engine bay, top right hand side. Its the big metal flat box right in the corner at the top with a heatsink on it. It was literally a case of checking for any faults before doing anything and clearing them away as needed (using VCDS), turning car off but no need to disconnect battery. Then unscrew stock ECU and remove the 3 large connectors plugged into the underside of the stock ECU. Install the new harness into those sockets on the stock ECU, connect the other end to the ABT box and then loop it back into the Stock ECU. Basically the stock ECU chucks out its info, gets intercepted by the ABT AEC unit, altered, and fed back into the Stock ECU and onto the engine. The mounting bracket fits perfectly onto existing bolts already in the bay. There was zero drilling with this install.

The ABT Unit will go into bypass mode if:

1. There is a fault logged in the stock ECU related to the engine/drivetain
    2. The engine is not upto normal operating temp (circa 90c)

If those 2 conditions are good, the unit works its magic.

Once all hooked up, we turned the car on and ran the engine idling. No errors on the dashboard or via VCDS. It was as if nothing had happened.

We took it out and the biggest noticable different is, as you would expect in dynamic mode on Sports mode on the gear lever. Off the line and moving from 2nd 4th it really pushes you back into your seat. The engine just pulls.

High up the range at 70mph if you put your foot to kick down a gear it would drop to say 5th and then give a great pull again. The torque increase is noticable. Again, this is where I see a benefit, those situations you want to get out off. Not 0-60s.

The unit is great because I can at any time open the bonnet, disconnect it from the stock ECU and shut the bonnet. Car knows no different and yes, to Audi also.

I have ODBLink now and will get the laptop in the car and run some tests on the unit and take it out and run stock so you can see the differences. Needless to say, I'm happy with it and no issues over the last few days at all.

The car is registered with a 3rd party extra insurance firm which covers any drive train/engine issues also specific to this. It put Ł55 on my yearly premium with Admiral to declare it. (which I did)

Any questions, let me know. I'll do my best to answer

Andy

20160505_115236.jpg
    Q7 272PS | ABT Tuned to 325PS / 680Nm | Tech Pack | Dyn Pack | Matrix | Pan Roof | Trailer | Drv+Pass Mem Seats | TV | NightV | BOSE | DVD Chger | Homelink | Soft Doors | Heat+Snd Ins Glass | Priv Glass | Heat W/Screen | Heat Steer Wheel | Adv Key | Elec Boot Cover | Elec Steer Column | Side Assist | Air Susp | Ambient Light | Heat+Fold Mirrors | Park Assist Pack | Adv TPMS | Load Fix Kit | Black Turbine Alloys | Matte Black Wrap | ABT Door Leds

0 2 0

5. Re: ABT Engine Remap for Q7 4M 3.0TDI 272PS 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    any noticeable increase in exhaust emissions? The old plug and play boxes, a long time ago, used to over fuel.

0 0 0

6. Re: ABT Engine Remap for Q7 4M 3.0TDI 272PS 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    228 Post(s)
    Sorry A7, delayed reply. No, definitely no increase in exhaust emissions. The system seems very advanced, its not all "produce as much power as humanly possible"... its very subtle and its mainly noticable during the mid range as you accelerate... its the torque you feel, not the power.

My front Grille badge has just arrived. Tacky?

GrilleBadge.jpg

0 0 0

7. Re: ABT Engine Remap for Q7 4M 3.0TDI 272PS 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Not tacky at all. Nice and discreet. Wouldn't be noticed by many but will be by people "in the know". It will trigger the odd nod of appreciation.

0 0 0

8. Re: ABT Engine Remap for Q7 4M 3.0TDI 272PS 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Has anyone else seen an ABT the body kitted and remapped Q7 in their dealership? There's a silver one sitting front and centre at Glasgow Audi!
    I'll take pix today when I'm back in. I'm not sure how I feel about it. The alloys (22"s) are lovely as is the rear diffuser. But I think the rear spoiler is a bit much for me. And the side body panelling seems a bit disjointed.

0 0 0

9. Re: ABT Engine Remap for Q7 4M 3.0TDI 272PS 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    228 Post(s)
    Q7Newbie, can you confirm if their one has been Re-mapped too by ABT? Mine has and Im keen to know if any others have!

As for ABT Body kit...

20160409_095741.jpg20160409_095750.jpg20160409_095759.jpg20160409_101742.jpg20160409_101747.jpg

This is the only one I've seen, it was in Milton Keynes. I dont like the "wide body" kit or the spoiler and if I was going to do it, would get the slim body version.. but after being told the price I'm still picking myself off the floor

0 0 0

10. Re: ABT Engine Remap for Q7 4M 3.0TDI 272PS 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    It's totally WAY OVER-THE-TOP. I know the Q7 in standard guise is boring, plain and pretty sh*t if we're being honest. But this is going way too far in the opposite direction!

0 0 0

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast