1. Got pulled over 2 weeks ago, but still not FPN 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I got pulled over 2 weeks ago for using phone (lesson learnt! It was very stupid to touch the phone), the officer took my license and wrote down my details then told me I will get a FPN (I thought if get pull over will get the FPN at scene). But it has been 2 weeks now and I still no receiving anything from the post. So am wondering does anyone know what should I do now? Is it any way that I can check whether or not that officer did give me a FPN. thank you guys.
    0 0 0

2. Re: Got pulled over 2 weeks ago, but still not FPN 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    He will have don't worry. You will just have to wait unfortunately - they aren't in the habit of saying they will issue one and not follow through with it.
    151 PS @ 3800 rpm 1.6 8V MPi - 31.5mpg urban <-- Happy days

123k On the clock and counting. (25k on the block)

I need all your V-Powers.
    0 0 0

3. Re: Got pulled over 2 weeks ago, but still not FPN 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for your quick reply. I am more worry about royal mail lost the letter. T.T
    0 0 0

4. Got pulled over 2 weeks ago, but still not FPN 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)
    I got a ticket 5 and a half MONTHS after they caught me slightly speeding while hiding behind a bush on a steep downhill slope. There is nothing you can do but wait. This country and the permanent targeting of drivers is a joke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Audi A7, S-line, 313 PS BiTDI Tiptronic, Daytona Grey, heated front and rear seats, Audi connect, quad zone climate control, ski chute and bag, Rear tints, 75 Litre fuel tank, All LED headlights, Night vision assistant, Rear view camera with corner view, Navigation plus, MMI touch, Heads up display, Adaptive Cruise control, Blind spot monitoring and active lane assist. Audi A5 (wifes) My Kit car blog - http://mitchsgbszero.blogspot.co.uk
    0 2 0

5. Re: Got pulled over 2 weeks ago, but still not FPN 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)
    Unless things have changed, and they may have, an officer can only deal with an offence via fpn at the time. Cameras have differing process. Out of interest were you given a NIP.
    I know forces are using driving education courses for the likes of phone use while driving, however I would hope the officer educated you at the time.
    The worst case scenario would be a summons which could take upto six months provided you were given the NIP.
    Sincere well done for taking responsibility for your action rather than trying to make excuses or deminish the offence.
    0 0 0

6. Re: Got pulled over 2 weeks ago, but still not FPN 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    5 and a half months is long mate. I thought it will arrive through post around 2 weeks.
    Quote Originally Posted by M1tchy View Post
    I got a ticket 5 and a half MONTHS after they caught me slightly speeding while hiding behind a bush on a steep downhill slope. There is nothing you can do but wait. This country and the permanent targeting of drivers is a joke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    0 0 0

7. Re: Got pulled over 2 weeks ago, but still not FPN 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for your advice. the officer did not say anything at that time, but I do realise it was very stupid to use phone while driving. Now I am more worry about the police did post the FPN to me but royal mail lost it.
    Quote Originally Posted by dghdgh View Post
    Unless things have changed, and they may have, an officer can only deal with an offence via fpn at the time. Cameras have differing process. Out of interest were you given a NIP.
    I know forces are using driving education courses for the likes of phone use while driving, however I would hope the officer educated you at the time.
    The worst case scenario would be a summons which could take upto six months provided you were given the NIP.
    Sincere well done for taking responsibility for your action rather than trying to make excuses or deminish the offence.
    0 0 0

8. Re: Got pulled over 2 weeks ago, but still not FPN 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)
    If you were not given an NIP and spoken too you have a technical defence. I don't believe you can be given a retrospective efpn, as I say unless things have changed in the last 5 years.
    For anyone that got one in these circumstances can I suggest it was from a safety camera van. If it was in a 30 limit no sympathy, if it was in a 40 bad luck, if it was in a 50 or above I would love to see the justification in the deployment other than to boost figures if it were via camera. As a norm most speeds in a national speed limit would need to be between 15-20 miles per plus to stop in my day. Taking into account if I could see them there could see me.
    Not a big fan of cameras as they don't educate unlike an officer by the roadside. Camera safety partnerships are based on a business case and require a minimum number to make the business case viable. Totally wrong as roads policing is about making the roads safer.
    0 1 0

9. Re: Got pulled over 2 weeks ago, but still not FPN 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    Don't think you need a NIP for a mobile phone offence.
    VW Passat GT 4 Motion 2.0 BiTdi, '16MY in Midnight Blue, keyless entry, memory seats, active info display and Discover Nav Pro
    Audi A7 20MY Vorsprung 3.0tdi in Daytona grey, with optional rear cup holders! (Previously A7 16my S Line)
    0 0 0

10. Re: Got pulled over 2 weeks ago, but still not FPN 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)
    Yeah your right, thought they had changed the schedule when the offence was created but not. Still don't think you can receive an efpn retrospectively. But as proved I could be wrong.
    0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast