Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Help
    2010 golf plus 1.9tdi
    My drivers rear central locking stopped locking one day so i done the usual checked fuses but all the other locks are working, anyway my battery was a bit dodgy so i changed the battery with no change, then got a replacement lock and again still not working.checked for power and nothing at the entry plug to the lock.

However noticed my electric window wasn't working either??it wouldn't work at the drivers door or its own switch?? so i disconnected the large power cable that goes into the electric window motor then re-connected it and now the window works however it still doesnt work from the drivers switch?? so now i have power to my locking pump but it still doesnt work, so they must be connected somehow.

Then when i unlock and lock the car the window doesn't work again and i have to disconnect and connect the plug from the electric window pump to get it to work but it only lasts until i lock it again.

Just so strange? any ideas please as you know have taken the front door skin off to get into this and cant use the car now?
    contact me anytime

0 0 0

2. Re: Central locking help drivers rear and electric window not working 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    Broken wire(s) in the bit of loom between the door and body?

0 0 0

3. Re: Central locking help drivers rear and electric window not working 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Thanks will give it a go much appreciated.

0 0 0

4. Re: Central locking help drivers rear and electric window not working 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Hi
    Quick question thinking of replacing loom as i may be able to source another one, what part of the trim inside the car do i need to take off to get to the large connector for the door loom it looks like its not far from the rubber boot? is it directly behind the rubber boot on the interior side?

0 0 0

5. Re: Central locking help drivers rear and electric window not working 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    SORTED! IMAG0558.jpg

Checked the drivers door multi plug took it out as far as i could and low and behold small purple and white wire was broken!! have just twisted them together for testing also noticed another wire on its way out on the right a orange and red cable with a gouge out of it will be soldering them till i can get a new loom thanks guys for all your help.see fault code below if you get this on yours.

IMAG0561.jpgIMAG0564.jpgIMAG0548.jpg
    Last edited by sluggs1; 23-04-2016 at 09:48 PM.

0 0 0