So I have just officially entered my build week and I am getting excited knowing that it's not long now until the car arrives. I am hoping I have it by the last May Bank holiday weekend as we are away and we need the luggage space. Fingers crossed.

I've been thinking a lot about how I am going to care for the paintwork on the car when it arrives. My car is a lease for 3 years for work and so the car is actually delivered to my home. I figure it will only of been washed once since manufacture by the dealer so damage to the paintwork should hopefully be minimal.

But I accept that the solid black paintwork on the Q7 is a soft paint and I have a huge issue personally with swirl marks. So the question is how will I protect the paintwork. I would of gone to a detailer and had a Gtechniq crystal serum put on the car, but I can't really justify the cost on a lease car.

So for me I am going to use CQUARTZ UK which is a ceramic hard coating similar to the crystal serum except you can apply it yourself and is very simple. It's great stuff which I have used before.

My plan is:
Car delivered and parked on drive and before driving I will.
Wash car with gold class shampoo 2 bucket method and sheepskin mits.
Dry the car with waffle weave towels.
Claybar the car and rinse and dry again.
Inspect the paintwork for swirls and apply wax if required.
Then apply the CQuartz UK a panel at a time. 1 hour to dry then apply a second coat.
This should protect the car and it has good anti swirl properties. Can last upto 2 years.

How is everyone else looking after their cars?
In particular those with sold black paint? Is the paintwork holding up against swirl marks ok?

Also does anyone use a local car wash?

For me I am busy and I will struggle to always have time to wash the car and perhaps more so in winter. I have a very quite little car wash down the road from me and I used to give them a few lambswool wash mits and insisted they use those and only dry the car with the towels I give them on previous cars lol. Sure it means the 2 bucket method gets missed that way but at least it was something to lessen the damage of going to a local car wash.

What's everyone's thoughts?