1. Audi Q7 4M 2016 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi, i am finally in the Audi club and was wondering if any one could help or point me in the right direction.

With hind sight I should have maybe opted for the tow pack but as I was not fussed on an electronic retractable towbar I passed on the option thinking it would be straight forward obtaining an aftermarket detachable one after delivery. As I only need it half a dozen times a year getting on my hands and knees taking it on and off is not a problem.

I am struggling to find a company who can provide one? Can anyone help? Any help would be much appreciated.

0 0 0

2. Re: Audi Q7 4M 2016 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Dave, There is a Westfalia detachable towbar which is O.E. to Audi but unfortunately the vehicle specific wiring kit is apparently available soon, all I can suggest for that is to keep trying us.

Kind regards
    PF Jones Towbars | National Mobile Towbar Fitting | Audi Towbars

We will beat any like for like price on all Witter and Westfalia Towbars 0161 872 4755

0 0 0

3. Re: Audi Q7 4M 2016 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Dave, I have the new Audi Q7 with tow pack and tow assist.. great for towing the twin axle of mine. However I have issues with the Audi tow sensor ring fitted to the tow ball for reversing and stabilaty of caravan. After 2 tows the plastic ring has been crushed by the AL-KO hitch. I mentioned this to Audi before I even started towing as a potential design fault when used with AL-KO hitches, as no one to date as seen this tow hitch design...not even Audi Techy's. Any one else out there experienced similar issues??

0 0 0

4. Re: Audi Q7 4M 2016 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I too only use a towbar a few times a year, so I couldn't justify spending a fortune on an Audi towbar.

If you're up for fitting it yourself, have a look at this on Ebay. The company apparently sell lots of them, and I was very happy with my purchase for my A6 saloon:

Vertical Detachable Towbar + 7p Bypass Relay Audi Q7 SUV 4WD 2006-2015 43053_E1 | eBay

The benefit of having the bypass kit is that you won't have to take it to Audi for any coding to be amended.

It has all approval documents, and once the bumper was removed it was quite straightforward to fit in an evening.

Once fitted, there is no sign of the car being fitted with a towbar until you attach the towball assembly. This takes seconds to do.

0 0 0

5. Re: Audi Q7 4M 2016 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    what did you get in the end? I don't like audi factory fit with the rotating ring for exact same reason as Diver Bryn., I have a big caravan with a friction stabiliser hitch (winterhoff in my case) to pull.
    I am thinking of buying this car without towbar, and getting a Witter fitted aftermarket?
    Witter Towbars | Please Select A Suitable Towbar

0 0 0

6. Re: Audi Q7 4M 2016 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Sandyman 44, we have now fitted a few O.E Westfalia detachable towbars with the vehicle specific wiring kits, if you give us a call we can give you a cost fitted and coded at home. Thanks.

We will beat any like for like price on all Witter and Westfalia Towbars 0161 872 4755

0 0 0

7. Re: Audi Q7 4M 2016 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    thanks PF. Do you do the witter as well? I have been talking to maxraxx about their tow and carry bike racks (using one of those is one of the reasons I want a Q7)
    they recommend the witter as the shape of the neck suits their swanneck adapter (MAXXRAXX bike rack, cycle carriers, swan neck. The UK 4 bike, cycle carrier, car bicycle rack) better?

0 0 0

8. Re: Audi Q7 4M 2016 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi We do also sell the Witter ones but Westfalia towbars are much better for your vehicle, there are also better cycle carriers on the market without buying adaptors etc. If you need any advice on cycle carriers we have a leisure dept which are always installing cycle carriers so know a lot about them, they'd be happy to answer any questions on them. Thanks.

0 0 0

9. Re: Audi Q7 4M 2016 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    hi PF
    curious to know in what way the Westfalia is "better" than the Witter? surely both are reputable brands that have the same specifications load-wise?

cycle carrier wise I need to be able to Tow AND carry so it has to NOT ball mount. I already have a ball mounted rack similar to the ones you sell (an atera strada as it happens) but I can't use that with a caravan.
    And I don't want a permanant flange towbar so that rules out all the two bolt behind-the-flange versions?
    hence the maxraxx. It may not be the best at actually carrying the bikes (pretty sure my strada is better) but acceptable compromise so that I can pull the 'van as well .
    Last edited by sandyman44; 27-09-2016 at 05:04 PM. Reason: logic error

0 0 0

10. Re: Audi Q7 4M 2016 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi, I see your predicament with the cycle carrier then, looks like your original idea with the maxxrax one is the only option.
    Towbar wise, they are both reputable brands but the main difference is that the release mechanism is much smoother and less problematic sometimes the Witter handles can stick. Plus you know that Audi, Merc, BMW and many other manufacturers trust Westfalia as their O.E.M.
    Thanks.

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast