Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Hi

Does anybody know if a used replacement head up display would require coding to my 2011 A7 3.0 tdi or would it just be plug and play.

thanks in advance.

goodeone

0 0 0

2. Re: Head Up Display question 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Just to update everyone, it was plug and play.

0 1 0

3. Re: Head Up Display question 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Hi there...
    Did you have to remove the windshield ?

0 0 0

4. Re: Head Up Display question 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    54 Post(s)
    My HUD was replaced in my A7. Yes it was a windscreen out. The dealer did it. The change of the HUD also required a steering column change - I don't know the reason why.
    From Apr 2017 - now: Oct 2016 (66) Audi A7 3.0 TDI quattro (FL - MY17), 272 ps, Black Edition (Tech pack, Parking Pack, Folding Mirrors), Mythos Black.
    Gone - From Oct 2013 - Mar 2017:
    Mar 2013 Audi A6 C7 S-line 2.0TDi Manual, Daytona Grey.
    (Gone) - From Sep 2011 - Oct 2013
    : Sep 2010 Audi A6 C6 S-line Special Ed (Le Mans) 2.0 TDi Manual, Polar Blue./(Gone) - From Sep 2009 - Sep 2011: Sep 2008 Audi A6 C6 S-line 2.0 TDi Auto, Akoya Silver.

0 0 0

5. Re: Head Up Display question 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Ohh that sounds expensive!
    Was it under warranty?

I’m trying to take out the mirror that is flaking without removing the windscreen.

It’ has been done before but I struggle to dismantle it without removing the windshield.

0 0 0

6. Re: Head Up Display question 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Retrofitting HUD will also require changing the lights switch module with additional knob to adjust position of the HUD info.

0 0 0

7. Re: Head Up Display question 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Just to make it clear, I'm trying to take out the mirror in an existing HUD, the reason is that the mirror have "flaked", and is close to unreadable.
    I want to re-surface it with a mirror coating.
    The question at hand is how to take out the mirror without removing the front window.
    There is a thread here:
    Please Help Replacing Head Up Display
    that is really good, but I'm struggling to get past the 2. cover, it's stuck up against the window, or rather against the top of the dash...

0 0 0

8. Re: Head Up Display question 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    According to Audi Service Manual - you will need to remove Windscreen in order to remove HUD.

Exact steps are:
    - Remove dash panel cover (top)
    Cover control unit with a soft cloth.
    Remove windscreen.
    Remove bolts 1, 2, 5.
    Lift out control unit slightly and unplug electrical connector.
    Detach control unit.

From my own experiance there is an alternative to this procedure - detaching dashboard from the dash frame (about 5-10cm). You won't need to remove windscreen but it is much more time consuming (more expensive - unless DIY).

0 0 0

9. Re: Head Up Display question 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Dingo View Post
    According to Audi Service Manual - you will need to remove Windscreen in order to remove HUD.

Exact steps are:
    - Remove dash panel cover (top)
    Cover control unit with a soft cloth.
    Remove windscreen.
    Remove bolts 1, 2, 5.
    Lift out control unit slightly and unplug electrical connector.
    Detach control unit.

From my own experiance there is an alternative to this procedure - detaching dashboard from the dash frame (about 5-10cm). You won't need to remove windscreen but it is much more time consuming (more expensive - unless DIY).
    Yes, DYI here :-)
    Thank you!, is it this one you are thinking about?
    If so is seems to require the removal of the A pillar trim to get to the 1. bolt

A70-11568.png

0 0 0

10. Re: Head Up Display question 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    The picture you are showing is for 'Dash Panel Cover Top' removal. You need to remove A pillar cover to get to 1 bolt on each side. You will also need to remove the photosensor from the center of the dash (this might be tricky). This is required as part of the process described in the service manual (with windscreen removal). This is also require for the process I mentioned (without the windscreen removal).

The procedure I mention is to detach entire dashboard from its frame (pull entire dashboard to front by 10cm) - this will not require removing windscreen for HUD removal, but it will require many hours of additional DIY work: removing center console, glove box, dash panel cover for driver, dash panel vents, climate control unit, multimedia control unit, display, instruments cluster, A pillar covers, dash panel top cover and more..Lots of things can go wrong with this process.
    In my opinion it makes much more sense to pay a proffesional to take the windscreen out and fit it back in after HUD fix.

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast