Notices

User Tag List

Thread: No ambient light setting in low 3G 2016 MMI - footwell lights.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. No ambient light setting in low 3G 2016 MMI - footwell lights. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Anybody know how to adjust the brightness of the footwell lights. I've enabled ambient light VCDS and the hidden menu. But the green hidden menu has no car option.

Thanks.

0 0 0

2. Re: No ambient light setting in low 3G 2016 MMI - footwell lights. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorpemark View Post
    I've enabled ambient light VCDS and the hidden menu. But the green hidden menu has no car option..
    The "car->option" is not in the Green menu, it exists in the main MMI system.

You have to press the "CAR button" first, and there the "Set options" tab. In this menu, you shell see the "Ambient lighing" option in the "interior lighting" submenu.

0 0 0

3. Re: No ambient light setting in low 3G 2016 MMI - footwell lights. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I know of that option in the MMI , however interior lighting is not in this menu, I thought you had to enable through the green menu as
    "Enter the Hidden Menu as in step 5 above.
    Select Car
    Select Cardevicelist
    Check "Interior Light"
    Return
    Select Carmenuoperation
    Set "Interior Light" from 0 to 5
    Return
    Press CAR to exit the hidden menu
    Reboot the MMI"

however I don't have those options either.

0 0 0

4. Re: No ambient light setting in low 3G 2016 MMI - footwell lights. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    113 Post(s)
    Are you sure you have selected the correct bit in the VCDS?

[Select]
    [09-Cent. Elect]
    [Coding - 07]
    [Long Coding Helper]
    Click on byte 16 and enable bit 6

If both of these were selected and the MMI was restarted, then it should work. If not, then unfortunately I have no more idea

0 0 0

5. Re: No ambient light setting in low 3G 2016 MMI - footwell lights. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    yep done that, just read another thread were someone has same issue, appears the 3G low MMI - or SD Card based Nav Radio , has a different menu to the 3G+

Perhaps Ambient was not available with this combination

0 0 0

6. Re: No ambient light setting in low 3G 2016 MMI - footwell lights. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorpemark View Post
    Perhaps Ambient was not available with this combination
    I've heard and seen a lots of cases, when the common methods failed for some configurations, but even in this case, it's seems strange that you can't see the Ambient lighting submenu in your interior lighting menu. Usually, if something is not installed, or not working fine in your car, it doesn't bothers the MMI menu, so the option will appear on the display, however if you will try to select it, then the MMI will response as "the selected option is not available to use for now".

Sorry, I have no idea what can be the difference between the common commands and your case The really strange for me is, that you were able to find these settings in your Green menu and in the VCDS menu, so your system is for sure not differs from the usual MMI systems in which this trick is working.

Just an idea, you can post your issue to the Ross-tech forum, maybe there will be some more detailed information for you. For example, I heard that in some cases you need a different VCDS version, or cable or something like this, because with some VCDS versions or cables some settings are not working. I think, it worth a try to ask about your problem there

0 0 0

7. No ambient light setting in low 3G 2016 MMI - footwell lights. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I can't find the option in the green menu. Car or cardevicelist or carmenuoperation. Those heading are not present.

0 0 0

8. Re: No ambient light setting in low 3G 2016 MMI - footwell lights. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

0 0 0

9. Re: No ambient light setting in low 3G 2016 MMI - footwell lights. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    113 Post(s)
    Live and learn... well, I learned a lot.

It seems, you have MMI basic, or MMI RMC. After reading a lot about it, now I can declare the problem is always the same, even it happens in different cars with different setups:

All of these cars have RMC [MMI basic] Green menu and not MMI [MMI high] Green menu.

As I pointed it out earlier in an other topic, here is the clear example, that MMI is an operating system, not only a dumb user interface:

Audi navigation systems - MMI RNS BNS RMC differences - mr-fix.info

because while this page examples the difference this way:

"MMI 3G+ vs RMC

Both system are using similar use interface (e.g. with Google Maps navigation) but MMI 3G+ have HDD for MP3 files storage. RMC (Radio Media Center) is not equipped with hard disc drive so in sources menu you will not find Jukebox option."

RMC is a really dumb thing, which is more related to the Radio Media Center, and not invented to handle the entire car system. This means, these systems are not the same, and therefore the tips&trick's MMI related parts are NOT usable for the RMC versions for all features. Amazing... Even it is possible, that the Ambient light screen was not programmed into this version [in which case it can't be enabled at all, like the battery gauge], however I don't think it so.

By this, I searched a lot, and I found, that MAYBE there could be a solution. There were a lots of references, which are referred to the RMC as "Basic MMI", which links are referred to the former 4F monochrome display, which cars were equipped with the former MMI basic menu. So I followed these links, and I found this video on the Youtube, which shows a solution in the former 2G basic MMI menu to allow the Ambient light settings:

How to enable extended ambient interior lighting Audi MMI 2G (A4 A5 A6 A8 Q7) - YouTube

By this, MAYBE, but just maybe, you can found the hidden "carmenuoperation" in your RMC menu. The worse part is, that first you have to find this submenu, and you can be sure, it will NOT called as this and maybe it will be not in the normal menu structure but in a strange place as you can refer to this in the above video.

It will be a huge research... however, who will find this submenu, for sure will be the the hero for all RMC users.

1 1 0

10. Re: No ambient light setting in low 3G 2016 MMI - footwell lights. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Hello Guys , i have a similar problem in my Audi A6 3.0 TDI quatro , i have all active in green menu , i have the screen with low or high brightness , but wen i try to change to high and i make ok is comming to low always , i cant make a regulation of ambient lighting doors inside and footwells to ? someone kows what it is ???

Thank's

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast