1. Re: Any good deals on Car breakdown Cover 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Has anyone used Greenflag breakdown, they seem to be alot cheaper than AA, RAC

The Greenflag rescue plus is only £60 which seems dead reasonable and it appears to be a comprehensive breakdown cover

https://www.greenflag.com/breakdown-cover

What do you guys think?

0 0 0

2. Re: Any good deals on Car breakdown Cover 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I used Greenflag for two years. I only called them out twice (neither callouts were for me or my car) and both times they were there within the hour.

Jump start for one vehicle done at the side of the road. Sheared hub/driveshaft for another obviously not done at the side of the road. The vehicle and occupants were recovered home and then recovered the next day to a garage of my choice - all covered by the policy.

Other than the flatbed driver knowing absolutely everything about everything, they were fine, no better or no worse than RAC.

Considering selling my VCDS KEY-USB interface. If you're interested please contact me via PM or email.

2 2 0

3. Re: Any good deals on Car breakdown Cover 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have breakdown cover through nationwide bank account
    Covers account holder in any car
    Think its calls the flex account
    Used service once - no problems
    £10 per month
    Also includes travel insurance and 1yr extended home electrical item warranty

2006 A6 3.0 Le Mans Quattro

1 0 0

4. Re: Any good deals on Car breakdown Cover 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    How about trying Chris Knott, our approved insurance scheme providers....

VW Audi Forum - The #1 VW Group Community
    Stuart l VWAudi Forum
    VW Audi Forum - Founder
    Member of the Institute Of Advanced Motorists
    Member of BMW Car Club GB
    - Email: stuart@vwaudiforum.co.uk -

If you need a Part, a Garage, a Tuning Company, or even an Official Dealer the please visit
    our Supporting Companies They are all there to help by offering advice and products or services..."You support them - They Support us"

Ways to support the website

Details of the VW Audi Forum Insurance Scheme, See Here

If you like the site and you would like to donate please click here and use the PayPal button on the right hand side

Please Note: PLEASE DO NOT Email or PM me with any vehicle related technical questions. I am not qualified to give that sort of advice, please ask the experts we have on the forum.

1 0 0

5. Re: Any good deals on Car breakdown Cover 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    I used Greenflag for two years. I only called them out twice (neither callouts were for me or my car) and both times they were there within the hour.

Jump start for one vehicle done at the side of the road. Sheared hub/driveshaft for another obviously not done at the side of the road. The vehicle and occupants were recovered home and then recovered the next day to a garage of my choice - all covered by the policy.

Other than the flatbed driver knowing absolutely everything about everything, they were fine, no better or no worse than RAC.

Many thanks guys for your extremely helpful input, appreciate it.

Sam, do you remember what type of cover you took with greenflag, they offer about 5 different covers?

I'm looking for the exact same cover that you had with greenflag.

If my car breaks down i want them to recover me and any passengers in the car home and dropping the car off to the garage of my choice and NOT just any nearby garage

0 0 0

6. Re: Any good deals on Car breakdown Cover 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cameron1 View Post
    Many thanks guys for your extremely helpful input, appreciate it.

Sam, do you remember what type of cover you took with greenflag, they offer about 5 different covers?

I'm looking for the exact same cover that you had with greenflag.

If my car breaks down i want them to recover me and any passengers in the car home and dropping the car off to the garage of my choice and NOT just any nearby garage
    It was Recovery Plus on a Personal cover basis, but it wasn't cheap. In 2011/12 I paid £142. I haggled with them on renewal and paid a fraction less. This was on a 2001 Passat.

Considering selling my VCDS KEY-USB interface. If you're interested please contact me via PM or email.

0 0 0

7. Re: Any good deals on Car breakdown Cover 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    63 Post(s)
    Don't know if you have gone ahead with this yet but we got an offer in yesterday for the audi recovery which seems pretty comprehensive. £83 for the year. This was for my wife's car which is just over 3 years so we no longer get the free service. I threw it out though as she has got a new car arriving soon so I can't even give you the contact details, I'm afraid.
    Current- A6 C8 40 tdi quattro s line Daytona Grey
    Gone-S3 sportback, A6 C7 biturbo saloon,A4 B 8.5 avant, A6 C6 3.0 tdi Quattro saloon, A6 C5 2.8 Q Avant

0 0 0

8. Re: Any good deals on Car breakdown Cover 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott K View Post
    Don't know if you have gone ahead with this yet but we got an offer in yesterday for the audi recovery which seems pretty comprehensive. £83 for the year. This was for my wife's car which is just over 3 years so we no longer get the free service. I threw it out though as she has got a new car arriving soon so I can't even give you the contact details, I'm afraid.
    Time to get your head in that paper bin champ!

0 0 0

9. Re: Any good deals on Car breakdown Cover 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Nationwide is fantastic for what you pay, even though it's going up to 13 a month. No limit to time on the continent either, most cover for 90 days only

0 0 0

10. Re: Any good deals on Car breakdown Cover 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)
    Try the banks. We have a HSBC account for £12 a month you get breakdown cover, mobile phone cover and travel insurance. I used the breakdown once and they were there in 20 minutes. We use the travel insurance a few time a year so that pays for itself easy
    NOW GONE 2007 A6 2.7TDi Avant Le Mans Edition (180)

Mods:- ECU Remap, Rear Air Suspension, Rear Led Lights, Rear View Camera, Rear Privacy Glass, Titanium wheels, Colour Coded Fog Light Surrounds, FBMFSW, AMI, DAB, Chrome S6 pedals, Front Grille De-chrome, window surround de-chrome.

0 0 0

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast