Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Dishwasher Dilema - Fix it or bin it ???

1. Dishwasher Dilema - Fix it or bin it ??? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    104 Post(s)
    Kitchen appliances don't usually get me too excited but 8 years ago I bought a good looking Miele stainless steel dishwasher for peanuts really. This thing had been used for a few months and had cost several hundred quid and we've used it daily since then. I have to say it has been excellent at washing dishes until now! It just died while I was working away, so I receive the dreaded phone call at work (not car related this time). Anyway a bit digging has found the mains supply filter suppressor burnt out and the main PCB has a burnt resistor and two burnt copper ribbon strips. Question is why have these components fried? something else amiss further inside, main wash pump? And do I dig further then spend money on new parts or cut my losses and buy a new machine. Miele parts are damned expensive as they seem to be made only by Miele and few second hand parts available. I'm also sick of washing dishes in the sink.
    It is a good machine though and I like keeping stuff going as far as possible.
    Any one got any domestic appliance fix / replace wisdom??

0 0 0

2. Re: Dishwasher Dilema - Fix it or bin it ??? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Just checked the price of a Miele PCB from here

http://www.espares.co.uk/search/ma25...-modules/miele,

you can buy two dishwashers for that money

0 0 0

3. Re: Dishwasher Dilema - Fix it or bin it ??? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    My philosophy with kitchen appliances that have water run through them is to buy cheap ones and plan to replace every 3+ years.

This is especially so where I live where we have very hard water. It doesn't matter if you have a £1000 Mielle or a £200 beko, they still get limescaled up.

0 0 0

4. Re: Dishwasher Dilema - Fix it or bin it ??? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    108 Post(s)
    Dont mielle come with a ten year guarantee?
    Quote "My tuner told me after he fitted the box that 0-60 should be around 2.6 seconds! "

0 0 0

5. Re: Dishwasher Dilema - Fix it or bin it ??? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    104 Post(s)
    Don't know whippy - think those warranties only cover parts anyway and you'd need to call out the Miele man to make a diagnosis first, pay for that etc. anyway it's now in the garage awaiting ebay sale for spares or repair, failing that it will be stripped down for parts sales ( main wash pump is over 300 notes new) as there are relatively few used miele dishwasher parts available thought it might be worth stripping down over a cup of tea with the wireless on and see if it can make me a few beer tokens!!
    Missus ordered a new LG thingy the other week which helped force my hand with the miele. It was a good machine mind you.

0 1 0